• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

pointless bits of the game

kickumkid

Private
hi
whats the point of giving away medals as they can not be used.
expansions are not available this seems unfair as they were available a year or two earlier before the game became money oriented.
so how do we spend them got 3.5 million of them. I need expansion boxes
also why is the Egyptian part of the game so slow 8 hours to make a chariot 5 hours for a solider and why arnt any of the benefits you have on your town like attack and build reductions applied for the Egyptian part.
i like this game but you seem to be making things take such a long time to do like 24, 8hour productions to get 10 forge points you want people to pay with diamonds some will but players like me will not spend real money on a game like this. your problem is if you don't keep players like me aboard your game the payers will loose interest.
so in your quest to get people to pay try and get a sensible balance to make it worth playing and not a pointless exercise.
i would have to spend 20,000 and more diamonds to expand my city to full as other players.
also why do we have to spend endless forge points on buildings without any upgrades again you just want more money.
this was a fun game in the beginning but know its cash for diamonds or you waste your life waiting for little reward.
all i can say is its a shame the games got like this.
i look forward to other comments and may be a few changes in favor of the players and not the money makers.
i do appriciate it has to make money.

Agent327

Overlord
hi
expansions are not available this seems unfair as they were available a year or two earlier before the game became money oriented.
also why is the Egyptian part of the game so slow 8 hours to make a chariot 5 hours for a solider and why arnt any of the benefits you have on your town like attack and build reductions applied for the Egyptian part.
i like this game but you seem to be making things take such a long time to do like 24, 8hour productions to get 10 forge points you want people to pay with diamonds some will but players like me will not spend real money on a game like this. your problem is if you don't keep players like me aboard your game the payers will loose interest.
so in your quest to get people to pay try and get a sensible balance to make it worth playing and not a pointless exercise.
i would have to spend 20,000 and more diamonds to expand my city to full as other players.
also why do we have to spend endless forge points on buildings without any upgrades again you just want more money.
this was a fun game in the beginning but know its cash for diamonds or you waste your life waiting for little reward.
i look forward to other comments and may be a few changes in favor of the players and not the money makers.

Wow, you really know how thw game works!

Verry realistic comments!

Who is forcing you to play this game?

DeletedUser12400

You can donate to guild treasury; unlock defending armies and place sieges in guild wars; negotiate in guild expedition and pay ship crew members; and wait for new age expansions which will approximately cost 2 million medals.
2 victory expansions per age are added as it's always been however you don't need to reach new age in order to buy them.
https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Expansion

The game is money oriented and that's how the game companies works these days. You are forging since 2012 but you have a severe lack of knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
this was a fun game in the beginning but now its cash for diamonds or you waste your life waiting for little reward.
So because you can’t spend medals and you don’t buy diamonds the game has lost its appeal to you? How long have you been playing the game?. I pick up plenty of good rewards on a weekly basis, I get my rewards from completing 64/48 in the GE each week and with a few WW thrown in for good measure can collect up to 500 or so diamonds weekly..No cash involved just patience and saving my rewards up for something I need maybe later in the game

suethegreat

Captain
What is REALLY pointless is a Story reward of only 5000 supplies for conquering an entire section of the continent that may eat your goods/army/diamonds to achieve. I did give in and pay 25 diamonds to conquer one section of a region and the Story reward 20 diamonds...so guess 'good trade'. Naturally there are very few market trades for goods above IA seeking IA/BA fayre.

hi

DeletedUser116932

hi
I agree, the Egyptian part is too slow when creating soldiers, and the game seems to becoming more "cash for diamonds".

I agree, the Egyptian part is too slow when creating soldiers, and the game seems to becoming more "cash for diamonds".
More monitisation of the game especially asking you to pay 50 diamonds to remove obsticals ridiculous. Even in the main game and Spring event slowed down at the end you used to be able to finish it in your own time, now you have to wait and only do one a day for the last seven days!!

Surge

Brigadier-General
This is an idle game. It's meant to be slow, i.e. idle, so those long timers are to be expected.

I got by without buying any diamonds and I got far into the game and still have no need to buy any. Buuuuut then again I did quit like five or six times and my account is eight years old so make what you will of that.