• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

plunders

DeletedUser99889

Every action builds you,
you justified stealing,
what are you ?

DeletedUser96901

stealing is an illegal action in real life
plundering a legal action in this game

you don't know that: what are you ?
you should learn that

what are you ?
I kill people in games:
so what am I? a killer ?

Every action builds you
like the action taking aid but never give something back
what people are they ?

I think such people (always taking taking taking: and never giving) are worse in real life than people who plunder in this game :rolleyes:

you justified stealing
they should justify for always taking and never giving

I aided over weeks: how do they justify never aiding back :confused:
they stole from me: each time they took an aid and not giving an aid back they stole me an aid

now it is only time for them to pay their dues

now lets talk about you:
are you a player who aids all his neighbors daily for weeks?
if the answer is no then you where a worse neighbor than me in the last weeks :p
and every actions builds you too: even the missing actions :rolleyes:

and those missing actions from my neighbors built me too :rolleyes:
because I like honest players who plunder me and say: "its part of the game" more
(because they know that it is only a game and nothing that defines a person)
than thieves who only take my aid and never doing an action in my city
even attacking is a good action (gives them points). but doing nothing is only bad

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

Every action builds you,
you justified stealing,
what are you ?
btw after calculating:
that is not stealing

it is equaling the coins :p

lets say a house brings 1000 coins (for easy calculation so everyone understands)
I motivate it: that means I give him 1000 coins he wouldn't have if I don't motivate
so now he owes me 1000 coins.

there can be two ways for me to get them:
a) he motivates me: but the player doesn't do that
so I must take
b) plundering my 1000 coins from a house

so for every motivation I don't get back I have the right to take my 1000 coins directly from the city of the other player
and he don't lose anything: because I only plunder the 1000 coins back that I gave him last week
motivated house + plundered house = 2000 ; two unmotivated houses = 2000
so how can I steal when he hasn't lost anything

:p

but if I won't get my 1000 coins then that player would be stealing 1000 coins from me
do you really want that other players are stealing my 1000 coins :confused:

and btw: goods are much cheaper than the lost coins I didn't get from a daily contemporary house with level 10 St. Marcs

DeletedUser106357

Sometimes, all it takes is a little Diplomacy. A polite message to the attacker can (not always) result in the attacker looking elsewhere for goods to steal.

or invest in attacker GB..

DeletedUser14388

why not introduce a new aspect to the game of only allowing plundering if the victim does not provide a defence, perhaps,if it can implemented, maybe he has to provide a defence for the age he is in
I know of many players who have left the game due to the unfairness of the contrast between the top of the hood and the poor guys lower down.
At least if a full defence is in place the attacker would get his victory with points.
To me, very high ranking players should be placed in their own hood, letting those lower down the scale get on with their game

DeletedUser

I have a better idea than that tridant! Ban any player who complains about being plundered. There, lots of problems solved.
Test I like your argument, far more articulated than mine usually are.

I hope all the complainers here end up in a hood with a lot of Pirate Jenny and Black Bart players, then the real fun can begin. Pirates plunder and what not.

DeletedUser103223

Well I have to say I've plundered many many PJ's and BB's and none have whined or complained about it, so gotta give them a thumbs up for that.

DeletedUser109227

This is so funny. SO FUNNY. I realize that this is an old post from way before I started (only got into this game a couple of months ago) but I feel I have to say a few words J

First off, this is a game, and like for many players out there, a game that I like very much. I will start with this: if this is not your type of game, find yourself a game you like. SIMPLE.

I attack and plunder a lot. I get very nasty messages from time to time from people I attacked. Do people really think that by insulting someone that person will stop the attacks and the plundering. LOL LOL LOL Seriously?

This game is called Forge of Empires. It is about building your empire. It is NOT a game about building city and making sure it’s nice looking with nice trees, nice bushes and nice path with little birds singing. Unlike other games where decoration is the main goal, here it has a war/attack/plunder/alliances component to it. How were empires built? By forging alliances; making sure you get big, bad, and fast; and by crushing your enemies. You trade with some, you attack and plunder others. You think empires were forged with everybody mining and cutting lumber to build nice buildings and decorations and where everyone are nice, hold hands and sing around a fire? What a boring game this would be.

I attack and plunder, and I am attacked back and plundered. You can’t take that heat? Then this game is NOT for you. Stop with the whining please!
Once there was a guy with NO defenses who was obviously wanting me to stop. He did not send me a nasty message or called me names, nope. He took another route: He fired a load of forge points at one of my GB. Needless to say I stopped attacking him and I started helping him instead, not just with the random small ‘aid’ button daily. This is called strategy in my book.

This game is about strategy, about how good you are at building your army; how good you are at attacking and getting goods, supplies and coins fast and effectively; how good you are at creating alliances; how good you are with a balance of diplomacy and force/army strength. Just like empires were forged in history. Wait, what is the name of this game again?

People wanting this fun part of the game out is beyond my understanding. Like I say all the time, there are many games about decorations out there. Suit yourself.

This game rocks! (and got fricking $300 from my wallet!!! LOL)

*sigh*

DeletedUser111068

I don't think this will be a popular opinion I don't care

1. Those who say it's just a game take your own adive, it is just a game
2. Those who say that someone picked the wrong game than yes the person plundering did because this is a game where people can choose how they play
3. Those who say it doesn't really slow down game progress well yes it can

I'm also playing in Dinegu and one player is continusly attacking and plundering me daily (most other people I've either friended or they have just moved on or have attacked and not plundered) even though this player and i are in the same neighbourhood this person is much higher ranked and I don't have the ablitty to incrase my defenses, I can't always be on when to collect my goods (due to having a life) I've asked this peron to stop plundering my goods buildings specficially (this person didn't), I sent a friend request (this person did not accpet or decline)

I think a better option would be to have a setting where people can choose one of three options (attack/plunder or attack or neither) basically if someone doesn't wish to be plundered they can choose one of the other options then it could make the game more enjoyable for everyone and can give people a chance to build up their empires before attempting to either plunder or being plundered.

No! This is a war game. We build up our cities to perform an action. We need the supplies, coins, & goods to grow our cities. Saying "you want the option of just building things" and doing the research is fine, but that is not how the game was founded.
There's many things you can do to avoid plundering. You mentioned you can't always collect on time; well, that's too bad. Some people have even requested auto-collection functions, and various other "Make My Game-Play" easy functions.

It's selfish to ask everyone else to conform to how You think the game should be played just to suit You!

Attacking & Plundering is a founding principle of the game - It can't be changed.

DeletedUser111068

I can say the same thing to you that you are basically saying that everyone has to play the same way that everyone should just plunder but it's a game right and it should be enjoyable for everyone and then it would be an option for everyone and it's not manditory at the moment anyway and some people chose to actually build their own goods building and put in the work themselves instead of attacking weaker players who can't do anything because they haven't built up their defenses yet or don't have the room or enough supplies/ money / people to build multpe supply or goods building .

joesoap

Major-General
players could always use tavern silver to buy either the defence bonus or the city shield...there are options readily available without the game basics needing to be changed

I can say the same thing to you that you are basically saying that everyone has to play the same way that everyone should just plunder but it's a game right and it should be enjoyable for everyone and then it would be an option for everyone and it's not manditory at the moment anyway and some people chose to actually build their own goods building and put in the work themselves instead of attacking weaker players who can't do anything because they haven't built up their defenses yet or don't have the room or enough supplies/ money / people to build multpe supply or goods building .

I'm not asking to change the game - that's a big difference!

DeletedUser110615

Time to necro again. In my opinion being able to opt out of being plundered does not make sense. It sounds about the same as wanting to opt out of being shot in a FPS because that's not how you want to play the game (playing it to enjoy the scenery or something). As was said many times ... if a core function of a game bothers you so much, then maybe it's not the game for you. If the devs didn't want plundering to be there, they could simply not implement it.

DeletedUser110195

On a completely different topic now that this thread has risen from the grave....I frankly don't give a damn what neighbors do. Aid me, that's your choice, but I'll be damned if I aid you just because you chose to aid me despite me never having aided you. Plunder me and I'll ram a giant metal spike up your ass. :)

DeletedUser111068

Time to necro again. In my opinion being able to opt out of being plundered does not make sense. It sounds about the same as wanting to opt out of being shot in a FPS because that's not how you want to play the game (playing it to enjoy the scenery or something). As was said many times ... if a core function of a game bothers you so much, then maybe it's not the game for you. If the devs didn't want plundering to be there, they could simply not implement it.

FPS are different since that is the point of the game but since FOE is not the same since it is not mandatory to fight, one could just have an army to protect their city but negoitate and just spend time researching and building your city. Think about it from the other side too that (myself and many others too) have been plundered daily and had goods buildings taken regulary which slows down my progress cause then one couldn't get a stronger army or great buildings or other things to help getting the plunders to stop and it may discourage some people since they can never get ahead. I never said it bothers me it's just bullies who do and there is an option it's called the city shield and it is a game and it would be an opition if you wouldn't want to use it then don't.

Cuthwolf

Captain
If they refuse your request to stop you have three alternatives -
1) Collect on time
2) Put up the city shield
3) Suck it up Buttercup