• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

DeletedUser109268

What a hero... now can you please show me how that works between PME and FE troops please? I'm always eager to learn new strategies

Was I attacked today by that Industrial player? oh wow, I have got his friendship request! hi hi hi

So, try to understand my point , and I will leave the sarcasm out of this for once, In this specific case, I was the one attacked because the new dude thought probably " I am higher in ranking than him" but he overlooked what was in my city... and he shouldn't have done that. I used Colonial troops and I have heavily defeated him with those units to send a message... " move away and go plundering or getting your points somewhere else in the hood, I ain't your prey.. but you can be mine though and thank you for your 20 whale oil , better than my 5 papers aren't they? " .
This morning I found his friendship request... end of the story (with me) but probably he continued down the list attacking people who are vulnerable because they did nothing about it.... and I am still here, until the next plundering story to tell ;) :)
Last but not least, I have read you comparing this to RL... you shouldn't do that. There are people with serious situations and, definitely, they do not think or can spend their time playing this game.

DeletedUser105544

I used to hit up to 2 ages higher defense back in old days. I had great attack bonus by compare with my neigubors (before devs reduced it), but I think 2 ages above is max. Now we are all at the end of tech tree, everyone can kick anyone...but still some people don't fight back, and I don't know why.

DeletedUser109268

Now we are all at the end of tech tree, everyone can kick anyone...but still some people don't fight back, and I don't know why.

but at this point it is automatically fair... isn't it?

When you start playing in a new world you gotta face the same challenges all over again...at the end of the tech tree we only want Inno to open up this artic far away future era and possibly to add some more guild levels so we can finally continue our journey instead of stacking in the FE like frogs in the swamp. Maybe we could have nicer fights without lag in GvG too...
But NO, inno is too busy making repetitive events and re disegning bronze age deco's ... what other choice is left? Let's face the challenges all over again...

DeletedUser105544

but at this point it is automatically fair... isn't it?

When you start playing in a new world you gotta face the same challenges all over again...at the end of the tech tree we only want Inno to open up this artic far away future era and possibly to add some more guild levels so we can finally continue our journey instead of stacking in the FE like frogs in the swamp. Maybe we could have nicer fights without lag in GvG too...
But NO, inno is too busy making repetitive events and re disegning bronze age deco's ... what other choice is left? Let's face the challenges all over again...
Something like that. I started new city on different server few months ago, rushed through tch tree, plundered all neighbors on the way, used no diamonds but only muscles, and close to the end of tech tree again. When I reach the end again I don't know what to do then. You are right, devs should enrich this game with some new features, and fix some old issues too, otherwise this game won't be worth playing anymore when all fun desappear

rjs66

Lieutenant
lets see what happens if we take away plundering etc.....

everybody stops putting up defensive armies, they won't be needed.
PvP dies, nobody can be bothered with fighting 2 spears.

everybody complains that GvG isn't fair on the smaller guilds, so lets get rid of that too shall we ?
oh no need for armies now, or the GBs that boost them, we can buy our way through the continent map.
and we'll have lots of space for goods buildings then

ah, the GBs that boost coins, supplies, goods & fps can go , they give someone an unfair advantage too don't they ?
so lets get rid of those

now we have a game that involves logging on occasionally and putting up buildings and making the city look pretty
but someone has been playing longer and has better stuff, so that must be unfair too
so all new players should immediately have everything as well.

there that seems fair doesn't it ?

oh dear nobody seems to want to log on anymore, we've turned the game into sim city or farmville or whatever
there is no challenge to it, and no point in rankings as they are now totally meaningless

(this is of course massively over simplified)

OR..

the various aspects of the game all impact on each other in some way, the challenge is to find what works for you
if people spent as much effort trying to figure out their strategy as they do complaining how it doesn't suit the way they want to play they might find they actually get somewhere.

the game isn't meant to be easy and finished in 5 minutes

it is free to play, nobody is forcing you to play it, the game is what it is, you chose to play, if you don't like it there are plenty of other things you can do with your spare time

ultimately it is just a game (ie entertainment)

DeletedUser109268

everybody complains that GvG isn't fair on the smaller guilds, so lets get rid of that too shall we ?
oh no need for armies now, or the GBs that boost them, we can buy our way through the continent map.

ah, the GBs that boost coins, supplies, goods & fps can go , they give someone an unfair advantage too don't they ?
so lets get rid of those

now we have a game that involves logging on occasionally and putting up buildings and making the city look pretty
but someone has been playing longer and has better stuff, so that must be unfair too

oh dear nobody seems to want to log on anymore, we've turned the game into sim city or farmville or whatever
there is no challenge to it, and no point in rankings as they are now totally meaningless

OR..

the various aspects of the game all impact on each other in some way, the challenge is to find what works for you
if people spent as much effort trying to figure out their strategy as they do complaining how it doesn't suit the way they want to play they might find they actually get somewhere.

it is free to play, nobody is forcing you to play it, the game is what it is, you chose to play, if you don't like it there are plenty of other things you can do with your spare time

I agree

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer

so lets get rid of those

OR..

haven't seen such a sensible post in long time:P

DeletedUser15372

so lets get rid of those

OR..

Sim city and farmville look so boring. :lol:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

so lets get rid of those

OR..

Dude, Remind me to never read one of your posts again, I miss the brain cells I lost x3

DeletedUser106696

Was I attacked today by that Industrial player? oh wow, I have got his friendship request! hi hi hi

So, try to understand my point , and I will leave the sarcasm out of this for once, In this specific case, I was the one attacked because the new dude thought probably " I am higher in ranking than him" but he overlooked what was in my city... and he shouldn't have done that. I used Colonial troops and I have heavily defeated him with those units to send a message... " move away and go plundering or getting your points somewhere else in the hood, I ain't your prey.. but you can be mine though and thank you for your 20 whale oil , better than my 5 papers aren't they? " .
This morning I found his friendship request...

Thank you for this reply... I don't think we're even that far apart; I never said stop plunder - all I was objecting to was the lack of fairness in the PvP setup. 1 age above you CAN send a message and i would encourage everybody to do so.
However, what I'm seeing in my main world is that my hood didn't get mixed in months and those players close to the bottom who once upon a time had their LMA troops clobbered by PE tanks and are now in PME and facing rail guns.
Incidentally I'm scary enough to see relatively little plunder - but I have just lost too many (game) friends and guildies to a PvP setup that doesn't allow many players to send a message other than disconnecting their town.

DeletedUser109268

Thank you for this reply... I don't think we're even that far apart; I never said stop plunder - all I was objecting to was the lack of fairness in the PvP setup. 1 age above you CAN send a message and i would encourage everybody to do so.
However, what I'm seeing in my main world is that my hood didn't get mixed in months and those players close to the bottom who once upon a time had their LMA troops clobbered by PE tanks and are now in PME and facing rail guns.
Incidentally I'm scary enough to see relatively little plunder - but I have just lost too many (game) friends and guildies to a PvP setup that doesn't allow many players to send a message other than disconnecting their town.

My points are only two:

1. You got the military barracks but you leave 2 spears, I plunder otherwise I don't because I got my points so you can get away with zero damage
2. Before rushing the tech tree, boost your attack and defence so even if you cannot compete with much higher era players, you can strike back enough to make them moving to the next defenceless player that speeded up. If you decide to just peacefully farming goods and build your city without fightings, fair enough but accept to be attacked and eventually plundered as a part of your way to play, because attacking and plundering is their way they decided to play.

rjs66

Lieutenant
so my last posting in here has prompted some response from people as to what the problem actually is, rather than the perceived problem of being plundered (which as more of a symptom)

the problem is that it is difficult to defend against players with higher age units and a decent boost

(the neighbourhood shuffle is partly to blame for putting people into neighbourhoods where they stand no chance of competing, inno have said they are working on making this fairer)

also the players actions regarding how fast they get through the tech etc.. can move them up into neighbourhoods that don't suit them

given that plundering is the only thing that will make people put in a decent defence so PvP will actually get you points in the tower, not everyone wants to do GvG to get points, or has the time or resources to devote to GvG, then might it not be better to start a thread somewhere in which people can share their insights into how they have managed to mitigate the effects of plundering.

there are many things you can do in your city that can reduce what can be plundered, think about what can't be plundered and try to maximise on that

DeletedUser109268

so my last posting in here has prompted some response from people as to what the problem actually is, rather than the perceived problem of being plundered (which as more of a symptom)

the problem is that it is difficult to defend against players with higher age units and a decent boost

(the neighbourhood shuffle is partly to blame for putting people into neighbourhoods where they stand no chance of competing, inno have said they are working on making this fairer)

also the players actions regarding how fast they get through the tech etc.. can move them up into neighbourhoods that don't suit them

given that plundering is the only thing that will make people put in a decent defence so PvP will actually get you points in the tower, not everyone wants to do GvG to get points, or has the time or resources to devote to GvG, then might it not be better to start a thread somewhere in which people can share their insights into how they have managed to mitigate the effects of plundering.

there are many things you can do in your city that can reduce what can be plundered, think about what can't be plundered and try to maximise on that

but do you agree that rushing the tech tree not taking the time to boost up can be one of the causes of being attacked and plundered?

Do you agree that those who keep the same defence will likely be a constant target because it will be selected the right troops ( since their defensive army is known) to maximise points gained ( no units will be lost or severely damaged)?

DeletedUser109268

Do you agree that if you place your defensive army (often noticed) with a fast unit and 7 rogues you deserve to be plundered because you are committing suicide and when I message you about it you do nothing?

rjs66

Lieutenant
there are some of the things that make a difference already, there are many more things that can be done

DeletedUser109268

there are some of the things that make a difference already, there are many more things that can be done
yes I have just mentioned some...there is a long list about it... so yes I agree, there are many more that can do done

DeletedUser15372

Do you agree that if you place your defensive army (often noticed) with a fast unit and 7 rogues you deserve to be plundered because you are committing suicide and when I message you about it you do nothing?

1 fast unit and 7 rogues as defense? Who does that? :?

DeletedUser109268

I promise you it happened . I even messaged they guy something like" hey dude, do you like to commit suicide or what? Change your defence for heaven's sake" . I think I should make it as a template for all the non sense I have seen around while attacking... you see? I educate others while I get points ;) lol