• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

DeletedUser105078

I have been away from the game for several weeks because my mother passed away. I got back online yesterday and in less than 24 hours I've been plundered by three players. Just what I needed, to make me feel even worse than what I've been feeling already.

Don't bother replying. This game is not worth playing. There are other far better-designed games where PvP is allowed only when mutually consensual.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
so if u can't collect on time and get plundered...the game is not worth playing?lol
what a bunch of moaners have we got here.:mad:
if u played tribal wars or any other war game...all the progress u made in months or years can be wiped out in minutes. be grateful that we can only plunder productions and not wipe off whole cities.:rolleyes:

Don't bother replying
why bother posting in forum then?:? after all forum is a place for community to discuss various aspects of game.

DeletedUser109096

I have been away from the game for several weeks because my mother passed away. I got back online yesterday and in less than 24 hours I've been plundered by three players. Just what I needed, to make me feel even worse than what I've been feeling already.

Don't bother replying. This game is not worth playing. There are other far better-designed games where PvP is allowed only when mutually consensual.
Sad story
so if u can't collect on time and get plundered...the game is not worth playing?lol
what a bunch of moaners have we got here.:mad:
if u played tribal wars or any other war game...all the progress u made in months or years can be wiped out in minutes. be grateful that we can only plunder productions and not wipe off whole cities.:rolleyes:

why bother posting in forum then?:? after all forum is a place for community to discuss various aspects of game.
look at you brave keyboard warrior:mad:...yeh some people can't pick up their production on time 'cos they have a busy life...and you a biggest whinger here:lol:

DeletedUser12400

Get already used to it.. Its always been part of the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
Sad story

look at you brave keyboard warrior:mad:...yeh some people can't pick up their production on time 'cos they have a busy life...and you a biggest whinger here:lol:
most people have busy lives here, all one needs is 2 mins to login and collect. if u cant even do that much then u don't have the right to moan about a game that demands a great deal of strategy and patience.

DeletedUser109096

most people have busy lives here, all one needs is 2 mins to login and collect. if u cant even do that much then u don't have the right to moan about a game that demands a great deal of strategy and patience.
My work shedule keeps changing(but it's not about me):P get out from your mum's basement and face the real world:mad:

DeletedUser106696

This might work during the carefree years as a teenager, but try being on call for extended hours as a medic or an IT bod, being a mum, being a carer, working on a 0 hour contract... the list goes on.

I can't see much "strategy" in players 2-3 ages above terrorizing their hoods and then expecting the plundered players to adjust their lives according to the timetables of FoE.

DeletedUser109096

This might work during the carefree years as a teenager, but try being on call for extended hours as a medic or an IT bod, being a mum, being a carer, working on a 0 hour contract... the list goes on.

I can't see much "strategy" in players 2-3 ages above terrorizing their hoods and then expecting the plundered players to adjust their lives according to the timetables of FoE.
well said...but never mind...let those poor kids have some fun:)

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
thats what i said? "most people have busy lives here" all one needs is a few mins a day to collect or once in 2 days. everyone gets plundered at some point in the game (including me) but there are a lot of things that can be done to avoid that in future.

i agree with that to an extent, but a lot of plundering also happens between same age players and that is easily avoidable without adjusting RL.
either by raising city def, changing collection timings, giving 2 spear def to frustrate the plunderer to the point where they stop attacking. coordinating with other hoodies, keep changing defense units...and the list goes on (that's what i meant by strategy).

so far the best ones for me have been changing collection timings and units in def.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

At least half of my cities are plundered on daily basis.. Starting from goods and ending with forge points.. In one city from 4 up to 10 forge points a day.. There is one strategy that will keep down the plunder. COLLECT ON TIME. If you can't collect on time than accept the fact that most likely you will be plundered.

DeletedUser15372

Which 3 things got plundered?

DeletedUser100065

I have been away from the game for several weeks because my mother passed away.
You have my deepest condolences on your loss. This is only a game and when life happens it should be remembered that this is just a game.

DeletedUser15432

At least half of my cities are plundered on daily basis.. Starting from goods and ending with forge points.. In one city from 4 up to 10 forge points a day.. There is one strategy that will keep down the plunder. COLLECT ON TIME. If you can't collect on time than accept the fact that most likely you will be plundered.

Plundering is a part of the game and always has been, if you can collect on time do so, if not, try asking the person or persons plundering you to only plunder certain types of buildings - example - "I do not mind being plundered, however, please do not plunder goods buildings or premium buildings. Thank you"

DeletedUser109268

Plundering... what I said 100 times to my guildmates is : do not rush the tech tree.. this is a long run game it is not a speed race.
Stay in your current age until you have boosted your attack and defence high enough. If you are in LMA put the damn CdM Aachen and Zeus at level 5 at least...put the Alcatraz if you can and a nice hideout.. then move to Colonial...once you change the hood you WILL NOT BE at the bottom of the list..so when an attacker look at your city without a barrack because you farmed nicely and he can see only a hideout... hmm ops..( dear new hoodie do you get the warning? NO?) ok
He does not know you bought a 5 $ package for colonial so he does not know you will retaliate with 7 rogues and 1 grenadier with 45% attack ...( I used to hope to be attacked just to have some fun, regrettably that did not happen often..) (Did you get the message now pal?)
Point number 2: what's the advantage of the defender over the attacker? the attacker has to guess what's in your defence. SO CHANGE IT ON A POSSIBLY DAILY BASIS.
AS an attacker when I do so I want:
a) lose no units or get a little damage
b) Avoid retaliation
Thirdly, once you will not be at the bottom of the hood , go hit the towers, people will see you get the first or second place and you gain the respect of the new badass also because your boost...
The secret (experimented over the time in this game) is not stressing to collect on time, it is gaining a reputation and NOT rushing the tech tree.
I remember I moved to Indy with 72% attack boost and Alcatraz (which I got in LMA) at level 9... never been attacked whatever hood I ended up in.
I was the one attacking (mostly for points because if you leave 2 spears I plundered since you are wasting my time). I fought in GvG, so normally overnight I hit the towers at first place without even bother the hood..
You do not want to be plundered? Gain the means and earn your respect. Top players did not become such because they collected on time..or not only... did they?
That has been my strategy and I can say it worked 99% of the time with me.
Yes, it is just a game, but it is a strategy game, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: