• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

DeletedUser

It appears you can now plunder goods buildings with the last update so make sure you don't leave yours vulnerable now.

DeletedUser

Plundering in the current form is a waste of time, it costs me more to plunder someone in time to heal the unit than the rewards I get for doing it... better to just ignore the other players and fight the territories they get you decent points for the tournaments and better rewards...

It depends on what you are fighting vs the buildings you pick.

For the easy 2 spear ones I have no problems killing them without any troops taking damage and for the super hard ones you can simply surrender or reload the game and click retreat and support that person instead if you don't want to end with a bunch of dead troops unless you want a ton of pvp points.

But generally I go for the buildings that will give the most gold as I need that more then supplies so usually on the somewhat active people it's either a 200 / 110 / or a 80 gold one.

Really the only time I pick supplies is if they are the larger buildings like a goat house and get 500ish then.

But now that good buildings can be plundered I will go after them and if they are not available I will hold off doing that action and check back later as the sabatoge button will be good until the next time you need to attack them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Personally until the defend your city or attack another player is resolved in a more sophisticated manner this means the plunder element should be suspended.

As I have stated in other posts this whole element of the game is very much the weak link. This game should offer players real choices

Do I follow a purely economic gameplan
Do I follow a military regime
Do I mix it up

At the moment it is not clear how you can defend your city when someone attacks you. I have 8 spearfighters in my defending army. I have been attacked and they are still there - the A1 must have lost on my behalf (nice) and now someone can plunder me.

I believe this should only be allowed if you are around and personally defend or something alog those lines.

DeletedUser

Only live battles for defense would not work as no one would be able to ever attack a player 90% of the time.

Since you do not get any troops killed when another player attacks you it's fair and it's very easy to keep the important goods safe so they are ready when you are available to claim them.

As for the others the production buildings can be placed long enough to do the same and unless you use the 8 hour time houses that at most you will get a very small amount of houses plundered but that's no big punishment.

Make your defense strong enough and players will not battle it that often and if they do they will probably end with a negative resource gain in most cases.

Making live battles will take a long time and even then that's something for a type of arena situation but not for the normal single attack a day.

DeletedUser

Perhaps the arena / arcade option would be possible alternative and limit this to each age. So iron age troops only in iron age etc

DeletedUser

I left my goods unattended because I read you can't plunder them, I woke up this morning, and the first thing I see is this:

Plunder.jpg

All of you can imagine [noparse][sarcasm]my joy[/sarcasm][/noparse] after I realized they changed it.

DeletedUser

Personally until the defend your city or attack another player is resolved in a more sophisticated manner this means the plunder element should be suspended.

Defending yourself and planning how not to get plundered, is part of the strategy. I'm not mad because I got plundered, I'm mad because I read they can't get plundered, but they do now. Sure sure, my bad for not reading more updated information.

It gets frustrating when you get stolen, but it adds a more exciting aspect to the game; since the trading is not accomplishing its goals, you have to get resources from plundering... works for me.

DeletedUser1081

It gets frustrating when you get stolen, but it adds a more exciting aspect to the game; since the trading is not accomplishing its goals, you have to get resources from plundering... works for me.

not for me. since i have to trust the dumb AI to defend me, i don't want to suffer for its shortcomings.

i don't mind fighting my neighbours in tournaments where it does them no real harm, but if i wanted an actively ruthless war game where you have to harm other players in order to succeed, i'd go back to Tribal Wars or Grepolis. i thought the idea of this game was to give the less ruthless among us a chance to enjoy ourselves in relative peace.

trading is supposed to work. robbing other players isn't an okay substitute for that.

DeletedUser

I think the plundering element should be removed at present it serves no or little purpose. Instead concentrate on developing pvp tournaments and one on one battles to supplement the game

DeletedUser

Coins/resources, the rest is for the marketplace (granted it sucks right now) but this game isn't about stealing what you need.

war is hell, mate. It's also part of the game...otherwise it's just sim city

DeletedUser1130

war is hell, mate. It's also part of the game...otherwise it's just sim city

It does feel like sim city. Plundering is just a waste of time, you make more Gold helping them that attacking.

DeletedUser

Actually the attacker is likely to lose more than gain with the current set up. I attack lose troops but win,hit plunder and get maybe 13 gold coins if im lucky. That versus the loss of troops and the time to wait for them to rebuild is amazing considering I won. The loser still has his troops and has lost 13 gold coins. This is a very skewed imbalance. Others would call it a pyrrhic victory.

DeletedUser

I plunder from Goods Buildings, saves me countless time.

Same here, no troops are too expensive when you hit a jackpot and get 10 or 20 of a good. Can't wait for my neighbors to start producing jewelry...

DeletedUser

Same here, no troops are too expensive when you hit a jackpot and get 10 or 20 of a good. Can't wait for my neighbors to start producing jewelry...

I did get a 30 once for stone and that made my day happy.

As for it not being worth it try not taking damage and use range units as I have no problems taking out about 75 of the 80 players with them without taking damage.

But once I start getting to the players ranked 30 and higher they generally only have the two spears and low level buildings to plunder if any but they still add up for the pvp towers if that's what you are going for and with easy expansions it should be.

DeletedUser

If we're playing empires, let's play. You have to take losses as well as gains. I'd give 20% diamonds for plunder. 20% is not a random amount. It is enough to play for, but not too much to loose. I would be willing to buy diamonds if the game had a risk of loss. Loosing one or two days is insignificant if you've been playing for several months. Unless the game is aimed at small children, in which case we mustn't introduce them to scary things like failure.

DeletedUser

If we're playing empires, let's play. You have to take losses as well as gains. I'd give 20% diamonds for plunder. 20% is not a random amount. It is enough to play for, but not too much to loose. I would be willing to buy diamonds if the game had a risk of loss. Loosing one or two days is insignificant if you've been playing for several months. Unless the game is aimed at small children, in which case we mustn't introduce them to scary things like failure.

You sir just made my day, hahaha. Yes, failure tolerance and loss acceptance are very important.