• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering is actually stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic-Screw

Private
Hi, this is my opinion about the possibility to attack and plunder other players cities:
I think it is not very ethical to support stealing even if it is a game. You see if I buy diamonds with real money to get for example a goods building and then I put the building in production to success in a quest and some other player plunders this production, he or she actually steals my money or the money I have paid for the diamonds I needed for development of my city in the game.
Could you please think about this and maybe delete this action from the game that I otherwise like a lot. Thank you for reading this. Friendly regards by Kiria K
[/Q
No one likes to be plundered,i have played this game since pretty much when it started,it was a lot more difficult to avoid being plundered,there was no city shields etc so you had to make sure you were there to collect,its a part of the game,i have been plundered and returned the favour many times,as for buying diamonds to buy buildings,that is a choice you make and unfortunately it is a target,i have never bought premium buildings and today,inno has so many competitions running throughout the year and if you manage to complete them,the rewards are buildings which give significantly more rewards than those you purchase so maybe play the game that way.i think you will find more opposition to your request than support but good luck with it

Cuthwolf

Captain
That's actually a rather smart thing for a new player to do to get some resources. Plunder all the neighbours. They are all new players as well with no or low city defense. Easy prey.
When the T world opened I spent diamonds on the first event to get special buildings with good attack boosts; I could then beat the whole 'hood. Plundering was my main source of goods and was a great help as they are precious in a new world.

Retired Prop

Private
Plundering has always been part of the game.
If you don't want to be plundered, then don't leave stuff that can be taken. Alternatively, play a game like Sim City if you can't handle this game.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Hi, this is my opinion about the possibility to attack and plunder other players cities:
I think it is not very ethical to support stealing even if it is a game. You see if I buy diamonds with real money to get for example a goods building and then I put the building in production to success in a quest and some other player plunders this production, he or she actually steals my money or the money I have paid for the diamonds I needed for development of my city in the game.
Could you please think about this and maybe delete this action from the game that I otherwise like a lot. Thank you for reading this. Friendly regards by Kiria K
Plundering is stealing unquestionably. The real money a player might spend is stolen indirectly if they expect advance. But stealing is part of the game. I enjoy this game and can deal with plundering but because stealing does occur in game play it one of the reasons I will never spend one penny of my money on it. Never ever.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Plundering is stealing unquestionably. The real money a player might spend is stolen indirectly if they expect advance. But stealing is part of the game. I enjoy this game and can deal with plundering but because stealing does occur in game play it one of the reasons I will never spend one penny of my money on it. Never ever.
And here comes the crying and whining from one of the dainty snowflakes who cannot understand the difference between a game technique and the real world. Multiple whines trying to convince people that a part of the game is immoral and should be considered criminal (stealing is a crime).
Since there is no stealing in the game, other than silly little empty people who have nothing better to do than whine and cry and steal peoples time by having to profess their empty cries to the world.
Janet, hope you wear a life preserver, because who knows when one of these days, that your poor alligator tears may end up coming close to drowning you with its baseless emptiness.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
And here comes the crying and whining from one of the dainty snowflakes who cannot understand the difference between a game technique and the real world. Multiple whines trying to convince people that a part of the game is immoral and should be considered criminal (stealing is a crime).
Since there is no stealing in the game, other than silly little empty people who have nothing better to do than whine and cry and steal peoples time by having to profess their empty cries to the world.
Janet, hope you wear a life preserver, because who knows when one of these days, that your poor alligator tears may end up coming close to drowning you with its baseless emptiness.
Obviously, this is not a popular topic for you. Duh! At what point did you think I was crying or whining? But are you crying and whining now? I don't have to agree with your viewpoint. So deal with it.

As for convincing people, I say let people decide for themselves how to play the game and how they want to think about the game. Steal peoples time? Are you serious? In game, I can't see how anyone can steal anyone's time so I suspect you mean once again post something. You don't need to read it you know if my opinion angers you. You aren't required to reply or comment at all on the forum for that matter. Your decision. I'm not forcing so it can't be called stealing peoples time. Paladiac, I'm thinking you might like making stuff up.

Just like plundering your reply to my comment comes with an air of unfriendliness. Oh, I can clearly define real world from game play. Game play is about fighting, defending against and stealing. I can play this game and enjoy it.

Real world can be summed up with one symbol $. No one here is going to persuade me to use anything that resides in my purse to be used in Forge of Empires.
And what if it’s a new player plundering another new player? Then what?
I would call it stealing.

A new player of innocence might plough ahead across levels to find that other players who have not raced ahead have built up their war machine. This gives them greater advantage. In that case any military engagement would not be a competitive challenge at all but a slaughter. I doubt many people would say, "oh me and my buddy, well we war with each other. Sometimes he wins and sometimes he wins."

papashakes

Corporal
next thing you know someone will start a thread that sniping is actually stealing..lol

protect your city.. secure your GB's positions.. stay in an age long enough to gather goods, coin, supplies and FPs so you can advance in 1 day including replacing goods, production and army buildings.. that will leave you less vulnerable as you age up.. stop spending diamonds to get through things quicker.. remember Rome wasn't built in a day.. enjoy the game :)

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Stick to complaining about stealing, your impersonation of a funny person is pretty limited :P
As long as a silly person like you keeps accusing me of complaining then I can keep repeating that I am not complaining bout plundering. I am just agreeing with the OP. What I will actually complain, cry and whine about though are silly people.:P

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Then what exactly are they stealing from you
Pixels on a screen that arent worth anything
I agree. Yep pixels. Not my worry. I repel little plundering jokers like water on boiling oil. Burn.
For those players that do spend their hard earned money on a pixel game well pity that's different - for them not me.

Knight of ICE

Rather obvious this thread is getting a bit out of hand, OP has said what she/he felt was needed to be said and has not been back for a long time. Others have also voiced their opinion more than once. It has now come to a stage where those opinions keep getting repeated again and again and it is starting to get a bit ugly, so I am locking this thread.

Thank you for telling us how you feel about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.