• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering is actually stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiria K

Private
Hi, this is my opinion about the possibility to attack and plunder other players cities:
I think it is not very ethical to support stealing even if it is a game. You see if I buy diamonds with real money to get for example a goods building and then I put the building in production to success in a quest and some other player plunders this production, he or she actually steals my money or the money I have paid for the diamonds I needed for development of my city in the game.
Could you please think about this and maybe delete this action from the game that I otherwise like a lot. Thank you for reading this. Friendly regards by Kiria K

Emberguard

Legend
some other player plunders this production, he or she actually steals my money
Your diamonds didn't buy the production. It bought the building. The building didn't get destroyed or taken away. You still have it

Could you please think about this and maybe delete this action from the game that I otherwise like a lot.
Highly doubt it'd be outright removed simply because of all the mechanics that tie into that game feature. You'd have to introduce a major game overhaul and rebalance

Inno did however introduce the Galata Tower Great Building (Early Middle Ages) which will reduce the amount of successful plunderings

Keep in mind one thing when you call it "stealing": those resources exist for one purpose, and that purpose is the game (including plundering)

Last edited:

Ev4ma

Captain
Hi, this is my opinion about the possibility to attack and plunder other players cities:
I think it is not very ethical to support stealing even if it is a game. You see if I buy diamonds with real money to get for example a goods building and then I put the building in production to success in a quest and some other player plunders this production, he or she actually steals my money or the money I have paid for the diamonds I needed for development of my city in the game.
Could you please think about this and maybe delete this action from the game that I otherwise like a lot. Thank you for reading this. Friendly regards by Kiria K
Plundering is stealing goods in a game. Plus we plunders can only take 1 production from you a day. If it really bothers you, there is a city shield or, you could get a DA or collect on time. Some people may attack your city as soon as the shield is down + it costs a lot of tavern coins. The best defence is collecting ontime. It's all time management and planning. You could even become a plunderer

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

You see if I buy diamonds with real money to get for example a goods building and then I put the building in production to success in a quest and some other player plunders this production, he or she actually steals my money or the money I have paid for the diamonds I needed for development of my city in the game.

You can not buy goods buildings with diamonds.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No. It's not stealing at all.
It's called "lootin'", an if you iz not lootin', den you iz muckin' about - stop muckin' about! :P

Kiria K

Private
Okay, I am an old Lady in my early sixties so I might have a bit old fashion attitudes and thoughts when it comes to honor and fair play issues, as to respect for other players too, but who cares. I will enjoy the game the way I like it and NO i am not going to attack, neither plunder or even revenge any of my fellow gamers. Have peaceful day (or night) who ever and where ever you are. :blush:

Janet Devlin

Corporal
The difference between battles and plundering is that engaging in battles is a choice a player makes while being plundering aggressively is not. Is it wrong to say that aggression in games is a revenue stream for the game owner? This is going on the premise that when players are motivated by it either way they may be more not less likely to spend their money?

Whether that is ethical or not I'm not sure about that point. Buyer beware? I have a biased opinion on hoodie plundering as I'm just a lowly free player who will spend only my time. But my thinking is that my steady interaction in this game is of some value too? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?8-)

Piggy911

Private
If u ask me it depends the situation that your in. if you need recourses and need them soon, attacking is suitable.

There is a city shield or, you could get a DA or collect on time. Some people may attack your city as soon as the shield is down + it costs a lot of tavern coins. The best defence is collecting ontime. It's all time management and planning. You could even become a plunderer

City shield should be disabled for a day after any successful plunder, it is not fair to plunder with immunity in my opinion.
Also those with an active city shield should not be able to plunder.

Last edited:

wuffyhome

Private
I just get defense with lvl 80 Galata on my main world. Actually works well :) I think that of you have paid diamonds, then foe should activate a shield to stop plunders as some people do pay money,

Forkin Line

Corporal
I think it is not very ethical to support stealing even if it is a game.
I totally agree with you Kiria. Plundering is Piracy, and in the world, Piracy is illegal. I understand this is a game, but any game should in my opinion, mirror the actions we want in the real world. Have the plunderers ever considered that they are hurting those who they plunder from, who may not have the time/money to put into effect all the things that make it harder for them to plunder? Have you considered that you are getting rich by robbing others which is not a very ethical or moral thing to do? It is also laziness if you can't or won't create your own resources so you pinch them from other people.

Before everyone attacks me for it, I know that plundering is part of the game but for a long time I couldn't afford the shields from the tavern due to being at a low level with few neighbours, and still have neigbhours who don't return the visit. I'm with you Kiria regardless of what the rest say.

Knight of ICE

Have the plunderers ever considered that they are hurting those who they plunder from, who may not have the time/money to put into effect all the things that make it harder for them to plunder?

So they do not have the time/money to put into effect all the things that make it harder for them to plunder, but they do have the time/money to achoieve this?

plunder2.2.png

What time and effort do you think it takes to get a Terracotta Vineyard that produces that? :o

any game should in my opinion, mirror the actions we want in the real world
Really? You want to remove all war aspects of the game too? GBG, GvG, GE, PvP. I assume you're not a fan of war in the real world.
Should ALL games "mirror the actions we want in the real world"? I don't like war in the real world. I suppose I shouldn't play Risk then?
That's just silly. Games gives us an option to put on a mask, a character, an avatar and act in ways we wouldn't do in the real world.

I couldn't afford the shields from the tavern due to being at a low level with few neighbours, and still have neigbhours who don't return the visit.
You mean friends. Neighbours can't visit taverns.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
I understand this is a game, but any game should in my opinion, mirror the actions we want in the real world.
What games do you even play then? There’s barely a game out there that “mirror the actions we want in the real world”. Even Go Fish would be unplayable by those standards. Wouldn’t be able to play Pokemon or Mario Kart by those standards. And while we’re at it, wouldn’t be able to watch many movies either

Status
Not open for further replies.