• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFP67

Private
Hi all,

Just wondering how people feel about being plundered daily by someone much more powerful. This is happening to me. I have 1M XP at the moment, and am being hit daily by someone with 28M XP. It’s getting old. I have tried buying defensive boosts but they’re not powerful enough. Does anyone else think players should “pick on people their own size”? I think the options for attacking and plundering should be limited to players whose XP level is within +/- 10% of your own. Thoughts?

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I'm guessing you haven't searched the forum and read the dozens of threads covering this same question?
Every thought or opinion possible is in those threads.
It's a popular part of the game so collect on time as best you can, accept that single loss if it happens and move on :)

KFP67

Private
buy a city shield in your tavern or collect on time
I do try to collect on time, but sometimes it’s not possible. I also can’t afford the city shield most of the time. I just think it’s unsportsmanlike to attack someone so much less powerful than yourself. It would be like me attacking someone on 40K XP, something I would never do because to my way of thinking it would make me a bully, plus there would be no sense of achievement in besting my opponent. I’ve played other games in the past where opponents were more fairly matched. So you would be opposed to a game that used an algorithm like that?

KFP67

Private
I'm guessing you haven't searched the forum and read the dozens of threads covering this same question?
Every thought or opinion possible is in those threads.
It's a popular part of the game so collect on time as best you can, accept that single loss if it happens and move on :)
No, I didn’t search, sorry. My bad lol. Although if there are dozens of instances of this same question, wouldn’t it be worth considering a fairer system?

GADfan

Warrant Officer
No, I didn’t search, sorry. My bad lol. Although if there are dozens of instances of this same question, wouldn’t it be worth considering a fairer system?

I'm a player that doesn't plunder at all. I don't like that part of the game and choose not to do it.
But it's always been there and many, many players use it.
It's not 'fair' because Inno want some challenges for players, this is one of them.
Think of it as a challenge to outwit them: collect on time, have mainly non-plunderable buildings, motivate as many other buildings as you can.
Don't waste resources on your defence %age, high-level players will probably get through anyway, and they can only plunder one building anyway.
After 2 weeks the hood changes and you might get a rest from them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.