• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering – The Roll of Honour

Some players react badly to being plundered. This one is the most extreme reaction -

View attachment 24072View attachment 24072
That person was on my friends list. They unfriended me and I wondered why, went and looked at their city and saw that. For a second I thought they were directing it at me. lol. Then I realized what was going on. Unfortunate that a person gets so fed up with it that they leave like that though.

Cuthwolf

Captain
This is small compared to some of the epic plunders on this thread but it is on the new T world where 12FPs is still a big haul

1640258613325.png

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Some players react badly to being plundered.
Good riddance I say... I've found that people who get all bent out of shape over a little fp/goods loss tend to have a more toxic personality anyways.
Far as I'm concerned, if someone can plunder me - 'good fer them - deyz earned it! 'An now I iz gunna krump 'em right back and loot der shiny gubbins too!

For me, making someone rage-quite the game over a little plundering is a badge of honour, just as is being sent to FB jail for 30 days for posting a meme! ;):P
(note: I'm currently serving my 3rd such sentence!lol.)

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Good riddance I say... I've found that people who get all bent out of shape over a little fp/goods loss tend to have a more toxic personality anyways.
What you wrote is possible I suppose. There are different kinds of people on both sides of the fence line. I thought the road message was actually more cute than toxic.

My story is simple enough. I have never been bent out of shape over plundering Thomas but I did voice my opinion which was about bragging on being a thief (in a role playing game) as not being a positive attribute for a knight of honor. Play the game as it was meant to be played and accept the role you have chosen you scoundrel! You ain't no hero by plundering the hard working common folk in town. (the wee people on the city streets) :lol:

I was quickly informed in the forum that by writing this kind of thing, (even in role play) that I was making the game players angry. Oh my goodness, some do take gaming so seriously! As a result numerous players in the world I was playing in began a series of relentless plundering that I suspect was teach me a real life lesson for voicing that kind of opinion. Plundering is part of the game they might say and this is how the game is to be played?

Toxicity, I think in my case was on the other foot dear. In defense, my land ownership (also a role play term) ended abruptly in that world without leaving any message. Time has gone by and in reflection I still think it would be a better game without plundering. There are ways to battle against other players and that should be enough to satisfy even the most intensive competitive spirit? However in a plundering game a strong defensive action is an alterative for the less aggressive non-toxic personalities.

To understand this game a little better I decided to experiment and make my game life all about plundering. But I didn't feel like bragging about it though. I found it to be the least battle satisfying strategy. I would rather build a defensive city and go to battle than to steal from others.

In conclusion, am I bent out of shape over plundering? No not really but not sure I understand overaggressive players who's aim is to be gods of worlds they play in. What is that? Please don't tell me it is a narcissistic personality.