• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am disappointed that this game, despite it's name, does not involve carving out an empire. The empire building is merely a subroutine. This means we are isolated, the only interaction being attacking (ruined by limiting plunder*),polishing, motivating and trade. All way too exciting for me.

*I do not understand why only one building can be plundered. What is the point of attacking someone? There is insufficient profit for the attacker, and the loss to the victim makes keeping an army a waste of space. The armies are rebuilt too quickly to worry about making yourself vulnerable to others. Whoever heard of an army invading a city then ransacking a house. If you want a pacifist game, don't call it Forge of Empires.

I regard games where the only way is up as suitable for those under three years old. If this is such a game, say now, and I'll be off.

DeletedUser276

well thats not really the kind of attitude to take when asking questions. As it makes people want to respond to you in kind. Remember if you treat others poorly you yourself will get treated poorly as well. However I will make a huge attempt to get past that.

You may be disappointed in this game but in reality your only disappointed with 2/3 of the game. Most of the posts in the forums from staff reiterate that the game has many more additions to take on before being complete. This is why the splash page says "beta" on it. I guess you must of missed that and all the dozens of posts stating that as well.

The pvp future additions have tons of changes that are coming. There are dozens of things they are looking at adding to the game. Alliance vs Alliance battles, group battles where multiple players are on the field at the same time.

The defensive bonus players get by not getting units killed is because the AI is in control of the units. Sounds like your more mad that you found a person you can farm that has good buildings but they always have defensive units and it costs you more to clear them out than you get from the person you loot.

Thats another thing they are looking at... losing the defensive AI when both players are online. This of course will allow defensive troops to be killed as well as offensive units.

But as I said they are looking at these as options... these are NOT guaranteed to be in the game. All depends on coding and if they cause glitches and bugs.

DeletedUser

Soap box corner? It's exactly the attitude;).

Thanks for the huge attempt (you lost it half way through), but do these plans involve crushing and subjugating? The reason I'm still here is because it's a Beta, and I hope to move away from the present system of "war for the sake of war". War to increase my empire has a point. i.e. Will we be able to knock down an opponents buildings in order to install military buildings in each others cities? Plunder the whole city to buy an upgrade? Destroy each others townships (perhaps a step too far, though you'd still have the upgrades to rebuild)? And the like.

Also, as regards the PvP battle board without the assistance of AI: The main difficulty is getting everyone on-line at the same time. If both fighters are not on-line, either we use AI and the absent party would always loose, or a singe battle could last weeks (unless the victim can elect one or a number of seconds to stand in if their absent). If it's inter alliance, it could take years (unless a field marshal can be elected. ).

I've been attacked (and defeated) three times in the last 24 hours. I've had the same house looted twice at the cost of 28gold. I will make 3000gold in that time. Less than 1%. I have taken two whole provinces in that time. I am not bothered about a loss of troops, and I am surprised you think I would be, given the tone of my note. I regarded my initial critisism as constructive, but without solutions. I've now offered some proto-solutions and raised some new issues on AI. More detail would not make for light reading.

DeletedUser276

lol some say I lost it a looooong time ago.

I was just trying to think. I am either posting in here late at night or very early in the morning before I am off doing whatever it is I do all day.

As I said most of the stuff is conjecture as the system they are creating is in its infancy. I hear whispers and hints from random people at random times. Your asking for more info which I dont have to give. I would love to tell you everything I hear from the shadows but no telling what exactly is coming up in great detail. Just know for sure the generalities as it depends what they can code and what they cant. (ie what coding works with least interference with other coding)

Status
Not open for further replies.