• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plunder - how much?

mike6699

Private
If I attack and beat a player, how much can I plunder - I know I can only choose 1 resource (goods)

Janet Devlin

Corporal
If I attack and beat a player, how much can I plunder - I know I can only choose 1 resource (goods)
The answer is you can't know. One English pronunciation of the word can't might sound like "you count know" because after the attack there might not be anything to plunder at the time of the attack. So you need to ask yourself is it worth the risk of loosing armies when you don't know what can be gained? Sometimes you will gain, sometimes you won't. Then there is the risk of feeling like you are treacherous coward for stealing the goods from other peaceful peoples? That could end up being dark negative energy that you could infect your city with. Understand please I'm joking mostly but not joking about beating other players. You can win a battle but the war might not be over until the fat lady sings. No offense to any fine attractive heavy set women as the statement is being used only as a colloquialism (which is often used as a proverb. It means that one should not presume to know the outcome of an event which is still in progress.)

have fun playing Forge of Empires. :D

mike6699

Private
What a simply wonderful reply and use of the English language - I doff my cap!
I'm a trader, not a fighter. It's just frustrating being attacked most nights (my time) and plundered and I was wondering if it was worth building up my army to the level of my plunderers' and trying to get some my supplies back.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What a simply wonderful reply and use of the English language - I doff my cap!
I'm a trader, not a fighter. It's just frustrating being attacked most nights (my time) and plundered and I was wondering if it was worth building up my army to the level of my plunderers' and trying to get some my supplies back.
Yes it is worth bulding up your army. Even if you do not 'wish' to attack a neighbor for whatever reason, there are multiple quests within the game that will ask, or require you, to win x# of battles or defeat x# of troops, or even to gain sectors by defeating them.
Surely you will have noticed that already if you are participating in the Soccer Event. And if you are not participating, you will find that many of these special Evemt buildings may provide a sufficient # of goods, on a much greater scale then other buildings you use.
As well, if you are participating in Guild Expeditions (or when you do), you will find that it can be quite costly to use only negotiations, and much of it, even to a lower aged player, can be done via combat, such as just Level 1, which would save you a large amount of goods that can be put to better use.

Shad23

Emperor
was wondering if it was worth building up my army
what Paladiac the Pure said and if you lvl up your Army chances are you'll climb in rankings and most of the time top 10 hood players rarely get plundered so it will eaven up the odds in your favor if you build up your army to the level of your plunderers'

Plundering was one of the most fun parts of this game. But they did their best to exchange it with silly features such as so called PvP arena.

When you plunder hit Trains, Hippodrome and event buildings in general which have many linked buildings... Those are the juice ones and one time I've plundered 30+ FPs from one of them.

Dead-Eye

General
It's just frustrating being attacked most nights (my time) and plundered and I was wondering if it was worth building up my army to the level of my plunderers' and trying to get some my supplies back

What you need to do is send your attackers a sternly worded message expressing your displeasure of being robbed. Remember to write that all in caps.

Works a treat!

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What you need to do is send your attackers a sternly worded message expressing your displeasure of being robbed. Remember to write that all in caps.

Works a treat!
You are so very correct. I know each time I recieve a special message from one of my neighbors, it does impact how I approach those same players again 24 hours later.