• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please please please put good stuff in the AD!

Deleted member 127677

A lot of past decorations can now only be obtained with the AD so it makes sense to keep them popping up for folks wanting to have them. I'll probably at some point have a part of my city turn into an art and deco park (thinking about the Oracle of Delphi in the centre) as I may end with a nice chunk of unused space.
I’m guessing we are approaching the game differently, i place buildings that are useful for my attack stats, fps and goods producers as a secondary thought, but I don’t need anything to produce coins or hsppiness or just look nice as many buildings look good enough. Once you start focusing on the efficiency side, I think space also becomes an issue.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I’m guessing we are approaching the game differently, i place buildings that are useful for my attack stats, fps and goods producers as a secondary thought, but I don’t need anything to produce coins or hsppiness or just look nice as many buildings look good enough. Once you start focusing on the efficiency side, I think space also becomes an issue.
I actually look for efficiency too and that's why I'll end with a lot of empty space at some point because I won't over stat any of my stats. I don't need blue A/D for the time being as I've no need for it but that can change with Titan. On the other hand I hope for an extra 9 Eagle Mountains during this event so I can get rid of all less efficient buildings. Not 12 or 13, just 9.

suethegreat

Captain
Enough 'stuff' for challenges, but not enough store building?

In 3yrs you also accumulate enough coins and supplies to delete and rebuild buildings without a problem. Or just replace them cause you have enough 'stuff'.
Ice we may have accumulated items (as you dont like 'stuff') to cover event quests but if we havent enough room to place them something has to give and if you dont have enough 'store building' this becomes an issue. I think the game has identified some of the most useful items and now makes them scarce or 'pay for' . You cannot delete then buy event buildings with coins/supplies. Would someone delete a GB just for an event? space shouldnt be wasted on decorations and with enough event buildings goods, population, enthusiasm and troops are covered depending on your game play. You are left with deleting items providing attack and defence just to maybe build some decorations for a quest. Alternatively you leave spare space in your city for challenges in order to win a building you have no room for anyway. Maybe you mean delete production buildings for space? but these are needed for quests and then take a ridiculous amount of hours to replace again. Finally we could dig up all our roads push all our builds together that now wont produce just for space to fulfill a quest to build then delete.. Hence Store Building in AD is desirable.

Knight of ICE

I would not delete a GB just for an event, but I have deleted plenty just to make space. Have only 15 left now. I see a lot of players that have blacksmiths for production quests. I don't. I have 12 fanshops. They will take care of the production quests. Reason I don't use blacksmiths is that sometimes the quest asks you to do productions from your age. Fanshops cover both. Next to fanshops, lvl 1 cidermills are a good alternative. I have an Alcatraz, but no rogue hideouts. I hardly ever use rogues and there are plenty of other ways to get them. Because of the Alcatraz I have 1 militairy building. It is 7x4. Whenever I need space for an event I delete the militairy building. Since I am in SAJM I no longer have the Unbirthday Party RQ, so when I need to collect coins or supplies I also delete the militairy building, place it back and delete it again till I have completed the quest. That's how I do it on my main world without ever having to use a store building. All my other worlds are diamond farms. There I use the same tactic for production quests with the exception that I have 1 hunter's cabin, to make space when needed. Nowhere do I need to use a store building.