• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please please please put good stuff in the AD!

Come on guys, can we please remove nonsense items from the AD. Every day I'm disappointed so much when the reset comes and yet again I have bear statues, winter kits, Graveyards, and all that kind of rubbish. These items don't belong in any era, they're so outdated it's embarrassing. Also there is absolutely no way any normal person would spend diamonds to refresh the AD because you just get the same rubbish over and over so you're missing out on people spending diamonds there which I know you like us to do so we buy more.
I'm not asking for all the latest items every day but nobody will be buying these out of date items.

Knight of ICE

You forgot the Christmas tree. What we do need is Store Building. This has been missing or elusive in past events and the lack of free space needs this for events otherwise we have to sell something in order to build all the quest demands or not do the events.

Store Building is offered by the AD. Sold for 8100 coins and 6 gems.

You can not expect the AD to be loaded with only very usefull and special items.

Store Building is offered by the AD. Sold for 8100 coins and 6 gems.

You can not expect the AD to be loaded with only very usefull and special items.
So what are the items put in there for? Because we're not going to be buying them? Why bother with it if there's nothing in there worth buying? You don't honestly expect us to buy the rubbish do you, like I really need a graveyard, should I buy that? No because nobody in the game would buy it not even a person starting a new city. I know this because I started one when Uceria opened.
It should at least be full of stuff that is usable in the era you are in other wise it's just pixels on the screen doing nothing. I've taken screen shot for the last week to show the rubbish but the pics are too big to load.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
You would think they would sell more popular items at the auction house, the ratio of good items vs useless items are unbalanced I usually buy supply rushes for cheap for the event and any Reno kits and one up kits and the selection kits for any buildings from previous events but that is all, nothing else on offer has any relevance for me

So what are the items put in there for? Because we're not going to be buying them? Why bother with it if there's nothing in there worth buying? You don't honestly expect us to buy the rubbish do you, like I really need a graveyard, should I buy that? No because nobody in the game would buy it not even a person starting a new city. I know this because I started one when Uceria opened.
It should at least be full of stuff that is usable in the era you are in other wise it's just pixels on the screen doing nothing. I've taken screen shot for the last week to show the rubbish but the pics are too big to load.
Look at as a spinning wheel. 95% garbage.

Knight of ICE

What do you want? An auction with only one item? Different people buy different things. Your rubbish is my gold. I buy the graveyard.

You are making all sort of statements saying that nobody does. What you should say is you don't. Just cause you don't spend diamonds to refresh the auction it does not mean nobody does.

suethegreat

Captain
Do you have stats on how many players pay diamonds to change a useless AD selection to another? As player above supply rushes are useful as are other items that help in events. As the game motivation is to get players buying and spending diamonds if better items were in AD players short of coin may just use diamonds, think about it. Imagine how many players would grab the chance of an expansion fragment or 2!

What do you want? An auction with only one item? Different people buy different things. Your rubbish is my gold. I buy the graveyard.

You are making all sort of statements saying that nobody does. What you should say is you don't. Just cause you don't spend diamonds to refresh the auction it does not mean nobody does.
Utter nonsense, please explain why you would buy the graveyard or spend diamonds more than a few times? Because once you realise you're just going to get more rubbish you won't bother. The only reason you or anyone else would buy the graveyard or Christmas tree or bear decoration etc would be that you don't know what you were doing or you had literally just started the game.
Also you're missing the point, I have spent diamonds and I would again if I knew that I wouldn't get 99% rubbish. And as Sue says above I bet the stats show that you are wrong and that you (inno) are missing out on people spending diamonds because of the constant rubbish every day.

Knight of ICE

Utter nonsense, please explain why you would buy the graveyard or spend diamonds more than a few times? Because once you realise you're just going to get more rubbish you won't bother. The only reason you or anyone else would buy the graveyard or Christmas tree or bear decoration etc would be that you don't know what you were doing or you had literally just started the game.
Also you're missing the point, I have spent diamonds and I would again if I knew that I wouldn't get 99% rubbish. And as Sue says above I bet the stats show that you are wrong and that you (inno) are missing out on people spending diamonds because of the constant rubbish every day.

I never said I spend diamonds. I said it is likely there are people that do.

I buy the graveyard, cause I have more than enough trade coins to spend and it comes in handy for happiness quests.

Now it is fine by me if you want to discuss this, but you need to do so in a respectful manner. Opinions that differ from yours are not utter nonsense and people that spend diamonds are just as normal as you and me. Continue like you do and I will lock this thread.

Deleted member 127677

I agree with Steve on the broader point. AD very rarely has anything I want, I pick up rush items and pick one or two things that are cheap because I’m trying to progress my castle level, but that’s also because I have tons of useless AD currency that otherwise just sits there doing nothing. Once or twice a week there may be an auction I’m interested in. Maybe once a week theres actually something on the shelf I want or think I might use later on. But does that mean that all the things I pick up are useful to me? No. Would I refresh for dimes if there were more useful items? You bet. Would I do it as it is just now? No way in h…

Deleted member 127677

You are making all sort of statements saying that nobody does.
I actually don’t see any ’all sorts of statements’. There is one. And the implicit meaning is clear. For your normal game play, those items are rubbish. You may place graveyards for happiness, I do it with roads, no purchase necessary. I guess that puts me in with ‘nobody’ since the only reason for me to buy the graveyard would be if it was cheap and gave me a boost towards next castle level. The fact is, as has been stated above by several posters, that the bulk of what is on the shelf is useless. Auctions are full of items people only bid for to get the 30 castle points. No other reason. Nobody will convince me that people bidding the minimum for a decoration have trouble building a few from their era for a quest. Generalised statement but that is also based on knowing my game and fellow players.

Emberguard

Legend
Ok, for the purpose of defining a solution to the problem: what's the lowest value item(s) you would be willing to buy from the Antiques Dealer, and how often would you find it reasonable to be able to obtain that item from a single source/outlet?

Keeping in mind the Antiques Dealer is meant to be trading in junk that you will never use anyway, so it's not meant to be your primary source of gathering buildings/resources but still needs some sort of utility.

Also if all "junk" were completely removed from the Antiques Dealer, would you be comfortable with either a price change on everything, or the amount of available items each day changing (ie, instead of 6 items on the shelf what if it were only 1 or 2 items), or keeping it at 6 items but being restricted on how many items you can buy each day?

Deleted member 127677

Lowest value is relative, it will depend on how many coins people have at hand. But while maybe 2 years ago I would buy colossus upgrade kits, and was willing to pay 50k for them (and the total cost of the building was ridiculous), those are now completely outdated but still available at auction. I wouldn’t bid more than whatever the minimum was now to get the 30 points, if even. Compared to a more recent building that I wanted to complete, maybe.
The point here really is that while more items have been added to AD, none seem to have been removed. So the auctions can run a full day without anything of interest being available, and the shelf gets stacked with items of questionable value. Once I get my caste to next level, I will also stop emptying the stuff I don’t need. And go back to what I did before, just sell off the inventory, collect the coins and pay no attention.

Emberguard

Legend
Lowest value is relative, it will depend on how many coins people have at hand.
The point here really is that while more items have been added to AD, none seem to have been removed.
I agree it's relative. Start a new world and the items are all the same, but you may consider purchasing things you would normally avoid purely because you've got nothing better to place in your city. Because the established cities aren't going to go for "junk" it is far easier for a new city to go for a lower value item such as Pillar of Heroes and get it fully upgraded than it is for them to compete with the high value items that everyone wants

However, I didn't mean value as in purchasing power. I meant value as in if you had unlimited buying power what's the item that you have the least respect for that you would still place in your city (regardless of cost). If the complaint is there's too much junk then we need some way of defining what is actually junk, to whom and how we intend that to be reflected in any proposed changes.

At the moment items are introduced to the Antiques Dealer (roughly) about a year after its initial appearance in events. How old should an item be before it's taken out of circulation completely from the Antiques Dealer? Or does anyone have a suggestion that would approach it from a completely different direction (and fully defines what should be available)?

'Cause if we as players don't define what we mean by junk, then that just means the developers have to make their best guesses on what should remain and what should go. That's something we may like or may completely disagree with if they were to make such changes with a statement as "there's junk in the Antiques Dealer, please get rid of it"

Deleted member 127677

However, I didn't mean value as in purchasing power. I meant value as in if you had unlimited buying power what's the item that you have the least respect for that you would still place in your city (regardless of cost). If the complaint is there's too much junk then we need some way of defining what is actually junk, to whom and how we intend that to be reflected in any proposed changes.
Got you. What I would place now would be attack stat buildings, preferably red or mixed, but I guess for now some that give only blue would get thrown into the mix, with decent fp and/or goods production. Decorations have no value to me, and I would be surprised if they did to even moderately developed players, unless there were fps or goods involved or those players were struggling with the coins and supplies costs to place decos from their era. What I would ultimately place would depend on what I needed at the time, but for example for GE5, I did remove some WP2 to make room for the Appletons I had in inventory, just for a stat boost. Those will go too as soon as I can. I am not placing carousels back for this, but I could see someone maybe doing that.
What I won’t buy are said decorations, oversized production buildings, or event buildings that were valuable years ago, like Indian palace set or the cherry garden set. I’m not saying remove everything but I would never encourage a new player to spend anything on event buildings over 4-5 years old, with multiple levels, when those hard earned coins they will have gathered could be spent better on a one-level only attack building or to complete a recent event building (or add to a recent set, say 2 years old max).
The common thread there is, new players aren’t going to have stocks of old buildings like Colossuses either. So invoking what they may need, if they develop at even a moderate rate, shouldn’t even start considering what they might have stocked up on in less than say 2 years.

How old should an item be before it's taken out of circulation completely from the Antiques Dealer?
For event buildings and sets, two-three years, with the exception of Magnum Opus, Sleigh Builder and Sunken Treasure since those are actually useful to any player. No time limit for consumables. Remove decorations altogether.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Didn't give the graveyard a second thought but that's clearly a nice one to have in storage once upgraded to a Necropolis for the big happiness quests. Thanks for the hint Knight.

A lot of past decorations can now only be obtained with the AD so it makes sense to keep them popping up for folks wanting to have them. I'll probably at some point have a part of my city turn into an art and deco park (thinking about the Oracle of Delphi in the centre) as I may end with a nice chunk of unused space.

You also have to be very careful with calling older special buildings junk. Level 1 cider mills for example are extremely underrated and undervalued. Haunted houses are quite good at coins per tile vs price building (turn coins into FP's) and login cabins are cheap while being efficient for young cities. The list goes on and some people just buy and put old buildings up because they enjoy the look and can only be gathered from the AD.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
Didn't give the graveyard a second thought but that's clearly a nice one to have in storage once upgraded to a Necropolis for the big happiness quests. Thanks for the hint Knight.

A lot of past decorations can now only be obtained with the AD so it makes sense to keep them popping up for folks wanting to have them. I'll probably at some point have a part of my city turn into an art and deco park (thinking about the Oracle of Delphi in the centre) as I may end with a nice chunk of unused space.

You also have to be very careful with calling older special buildings junk. Level 1 cider mills for example are extremely underrated and undervalued. Haunted houses are quite good at coins per tile vs price building (turn coins into FP's) and login cabins are cheap while being efficient for young cities. The list goes on and some people just buy and put old buildings up because they enjoy the look and can only be gathered from the AD.
but there is zero consideration for appearances in the game it isnt Sim City. It is pile em high and hope you get more room for events hence the Store building advantage. When playing long enough (3yrs) you accumulate enough 'stuff' for challenges so no need to buy from AD.

Knight of ICE

but there is zero consideration for appearances in the game it isnt Sim City. It is pile em high and hope you get more room for events hence the Store building advantage. When playing long enough (3yrs) you accumulate enough 'stuff' for challenges so no need to buy from AD.

Enough 'stuff' for challenges, but not enough store building?

In 3yrs you also accumulate enough coins and supplies to delete and rebuild buildings without a problem. Or just replace them cause you have enough 'stuff'.