• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Please open FOE gameplay in browser using an iPad Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112365

Please open and view the attachment for details.

The Apple App for iPad Pro needs an additional 'Zoom Out' option when in city view. Also, could you please open game play for FOE when played in a browser window. The city view screen has been deliberately blacked out so the player cannot view the city. This is an Accessibility Issue. Thank you.

Attachments

• iPad Pro Game Issue for FOE.pdf
    887.7 KB · Views: 271

Emberguard

Legend
You’re not meant to use it in browser on a mobile type device. We have the app for that. Though I can certainly confirm that the blacked out screen occurs when trying to use it in a browser on a mobile device

I agree it’d be a really awesome if it was fully supported in Safari on a ipad

DeletedUser96901

I would try Firefox
(but I don't have a mobile device to test it)

DeletedUser

my chromebook i use runs chrome
on my phone i use chrome
on my phone i had to download the app
on chrome beta forge of empires think this chromebook is a phone
on ordinary google it thinks my chromebook is a phone
on chrome dev it thinks my chromebook is a phone
so count your blessings that you can download the app on a phone or you can chose any browser you like

DeletedUser112365

Now, here is the funny thing about all of this. You can use any browser to login on an iPad. You can even see the majority of the Menu items. But, the main view of your city is ‘Blackened’ out. You can see smoke from your buildings. You can open the menu selections of the buildings and select items. Why would FOE ‘blacken’ the city view and force uses to use the Apple App, which really does suck. You cannot view half of your city and constantly have to scroll back & forth, up & down to access your buildings. This is really a joke and all FOE has to do is remove the ‘blacken’ block of the city view. How petty do they have to be. Really!!!

Powe

Brigadier-General
Now, here is the funny thing about all of this. You can use any browser to login on an iPad. You can even see the majority of the Menu items. But, the main view of your city is ‘Blackened’ out. You can see smoke from your buildings. You can open the menu selections of the buildings and select items. Why would FOE ‘blacken’ the city view and force uses to use the Apple App, which really does suck. You cannot view half of your city and constantly have to scroll back & forth, up & down to access your buildings. This is really a joke and all FOE has to do is remove the ‘blacken’ block of the city view. How petty do they have to be. Really!!!
And you expect them to fix something that you have to be really lazy for it to effect you?

This isn't new, you've never really been able to play the pc version on mobile devices, there were a couple of ways that worked with flash but they don't anymore.

How much do you really need to scroll around your city anyway? Mine is pretty big and it's not really a problem

Powe

Brigadier-General
You can't download the app to fix the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112365

You’re not meant to use it in browser on a mobile type device. We have the app for that. Though I can certainly confirm that the blacked out screen occurs when trying to use it in a browser on a mobile device

I agree it’d be a really awesome if it was fully supported in Safari on a ipad
Thank you for your kind words. I hope someone at FOE reads this and acts on it. In the GE or any fight, you’ll notice you can zoom out an additional level. All that FOE would have to do is amend the zoom code for the city view. That would make things better when you’re playing on the iPad and make things more bearable.

DeletedUser112365

Regarding using a browser on an iPad, someone at FOE programmed the ‘blackened’ screen. If you notice all the menu items are active. You can start production on building. Collect items. Why won’t they just remove the ‘blackened’ code and allow iPad players to use a browser. Thanks for listening.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Regarding using a browser on an iPad, someone at FOE programmed the ‘blackened’ screen. If you notice all the menu items are active. You can start production on building. Collect items. Why won’t they just remove the ‘blackened’ code and allow iPad players to use a browser. Thanks for listening.
Because the browser doesn't work properly so it can't display graphics on FoE.

DeletedUser112365

Shad you completely missed the point. I have but one option to play now, and that’s on the iPad. And why won’t FOE fix this. Either unblock gameplay on the browser for the iPad or add a zoom out level. That’s not asking too much, or maybe as far as you are concerned it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.