• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please let us have in-game nickname

• Thread starter DeletedUser111576
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser110616

+1

I really just wanted to test the game, but now I'm stuck with asdfasdf1234
Didn't realise that I would be so hooked on the game... :rolleyes:

Contact support (open a ticket) and they will change your name. They did it for me exactly for the same reason - I had computer generated female name and clicking at all for the first time I didn't even notice it until it was too late. They changed it for me, no problem.

DeletedUser99438

-1 Does it matter if all in the game can see a nickname? Plenty in my guild have nicknames, we all just remember them and call them by it as we're chatting. Nicknames are for those closest to us, no? If someone wants to display a nickname, can't they just add it to the profile themselves?

The idea would make it more effort to vet new recruits in GvG active guilds.

DeletedUser115071

I have searched the forum and I only found a thread in which they stated we can’t change our username.
The only thing it doesn't apply to everyone. One person in G world that I know of changed her name, she didn't disclose how.

I tried a few months back with support and they denied.

+1 on the idea

DeletedUser

-1 people get away with too many inappropriate usernames already and I like this game to remain child friendly.
People come up with the wildest things if you let them.

DeletedUser115364

+1

And also add a message saying that a friend, neighbour or guildmate has changed their name, their previous name and their new name in the event history

DeletedUser112745

And also add a message saying that a friend, neighbour or guildmate has changed their name, their previous name and their new name in the event history

Just to clarify - The suggestion is not suggesting players be able to change their username.

The suggestion is asking for a nickname to be displayed alongside your existing username when their avatar is clicked. Like the city profile text displays when you visit another player's city or the custom title field in the guild members list.

You gotta read the first post, guys, not just the middle ones.

My vote on a custom nickname to be displayed alongside your username is -1. It's wide open to abuse.
However, I would be open to having your guild title displayed on your profile next to/under the bit that says which guild you are in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110382

+1
Taking into account all the previous comments I would like to see an annual option to create/change a nickname which is displayed instead of your username. Username would be default unless you opt for a nickname. If the purpose is for those who are not happy with their username then giving them a capped simple option seems preferable to opening the floodgates for individuals churning nicknames for nefarious or foolish reasons.

DeletedUser108359

Why have a user name And nickname? most people with nicknames use them among friends or guildies, who tend to remember them.