• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please Improve "Aid" Priorities

DeletedUser1081

Proposal: The "aid" gizmo is currently very convenient for the person clicking on the button but very frustrating for many recipients of "aid". Unless the design/development team is deliberately pressuring us all to eliminate all the decorations from our cities (the most recent ones first!) it would be excellent to adjust the "aid" gizmo to deprioritize decorations.

This has been discussed extensively in the 1.40 Feedback thread and it was suggested that an Idea thread would make the point better.

Reason: We understand that a "wish list" to let the recipient of "aid" designate what s/he wants is not a possibility, but this proposal would allow miles more players to regard the "aid" gizmo as a welcome and happy breakthrough.

No one I know has ever encountered a FoE player who actively wanted their decorations polished as a matter of priority on a regular basis so it's unfortunate that the algorithms currently used by the "aid" gizmo are so very eager to polish decorations. This means that since the "aid" gizmo was implemented people have been eliminating decorations en masse, which has multiple consequences: marring the appearance of our cities, eroding BP hunters' chances of finding structures from particular eras, threatening the well-being of next spring's egg-hiding event, upsetting people and making a whole category of structure undesirable for no clear reason. Unless the design/development team actively desire all those side effects, the priorities of the "aid" gizmo need changing.

Details: Please adjust the "aid" gizmo to prioritize things in the following order:
1] Shrines of Knowledge, Oases, HoFs
2] Coins/Supplies/Cultural Buildings (33.33% each)*
3] Decorations should only be polished if absolutely everything else in the town has already been mo-po'd.

*Added by anonymous request: The newest structures should be mo-po'd first. Tigers' Dens should count as cultural buildings; Haunted Houses and Witch Doctors should count as coin buildings.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97883

+1
This should be a matter of course, not something the players have to push through.

DeletedUser

I must agree. It would be a win-win for the aider and the aided.
+1

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
+1 (can also give another +99 if i m allowed too) ...

thank you mink for making up this Idea for the dev's to take notice on behalf of all of us ...

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser

+1
all points presented perfectly!!
were you ever on a debate team?? lol ;) *waves*

DeletedUser

+1. I agree that higher age buildings should be proritised within the categories proppsed

Eden7c

Private
100% +1 ( I lost decorations that were of a sentimental value in the process, unique ones gained through events that I had to get rid of :( )

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
+1 from me too. But rather than just leave my vote, I would like to add additional arguments.

It is obvious why decorations should be given the lowest priority, but the reasons for the other major change in this proposal, why motivation of coins and supplies should be separated, is less clear. Therefore I would like to offer some thoughts on that.

First of all, whether it was intended or not, this feature is in practice a replacement for visiting players. Only a fraction of those few who used to visit others continue to do it, because there is no real reason to keep doing so. That is why the feature should be as good as manual polivation used to be.

The main problem with motivating coins and supplies from the latest age down is that it is not equal. One is prioritized over the other, most often coins over supplies. The reason for this is simple, houses are smaller than supply buildings and most players have more of them. This is why the new feature tends to ignore supply buildings and favor houses, while humans tend to treat both groups more evenly, even when the owner of the city has not asked for either.

Another problem is that most players do not upgrade their houses and supply buildings at the same time. Houses are usually researched first, and I know players whose houses are newer than any of their supply buildings, which leads to the new feature ignoring their supplies completely. Other players, particularly in later ages, may prefer not to upgrade all of their buildings. One reason for this is that the upgrade costs can be very high, so that it can take weeks before the benefit of upgrading outweighs the cost. Others may want to keep old buildings because of their shape and size, while others just want their city to have a mixture of buildings for aesthetic reasons. In all of these cases, the new feature may end up favoring either coins or supplies.

Finally, I don't think it is necessary to prioritize the best buildings, it is sufficient to motivate from the latest age down. Human players cannot always remember which buildings are best either, particularly premium and special buildings, so the same should not be expected of the new feature either. I don't want to be greedy, I just want the new feature to be as good as the manual polivating it has replaced.