• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please amend all Military Buildings - Delete Option.

DeletedUser112365

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please refer to the attached file.
If possible, would you please add the following 'Delete' option to all military buildings.
Create a 'Delete Unit' option inside all military buildings.

Thank you,

Attachments

• Military Units - Delete Option.jpg
    Military Units - Delete Option.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 20

DeletedUser111359

It would be a useful feature when you're doing an event quest that requires making a certain number of troops, if you're not a troop builder generally.

Galladhorn

Monarch
It would be a useful feature when you're doing an event quest that requires making a certain number of troops, if you're not a troop builder generally.

You can delete units in the Units Window with the "RED X" button.

– You can not control from what building the unit is deleted in case that you have more unit buildiings of the same kind.
– But I guess since you are not a "Unit builder" then that part is no issue.

DeletedUser112365

You can delete units in the Units Window with the "RED X" button.

– You can not control from what building the unit is deleted in case that you have more unit buildiings of the same kind.
– But I guess since you are not a "Unit builder" then that part is no issue.

You can control what unit, you delete from a building, but it's tricky. If the option I'm proposing was implemented, it would be so much easier. I don't see the big deal to program the new function in all military buildings. Let's hope the programmers are in a good mood, when they read my post. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galladhorn

Monarch
You can control what unit, you delete from a building, but it's tricky.

Can you explain how you can control what unit you delete, even that it is tricky as you say.
– Let´s say you have two of the same Unit buildings - how do you control deleting one unit from each building?.

DeletedUser99588

To delete or not to delete......

Maybe the OP should edit thread and format it for the New Idea section. Even better if they had a new request for old idea section. Probably a waste of time though as this would be relatively easy to implement and hasn't been although suggested a number of occasions. Time is obviously better spent creating blurry background for App.

DeletedUser112365

Thanatos, please open the attached file and read instructions. Hope this helps you out.

Attachments

• FOE - Army Mgmt.jpg
    FOE - Army Mgmt.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 16

Emberguard

Legend
hmm. That did work just now testing it.... in which case what you're saying is unit positions are determined by building positions..... would need far more testing to know if this is accurate or if it's just a once off fluke

especially as building B deleted slot 1, but building A deleted slot 2. So if this is working and not just appearing to work then hypothetically it should always delete the same slots. And given it's a 50/50 chance of it deleting from either building it'd be expected to have some degree of success even if it's not actually working

Whereas my observations before seemed to indicate it had more to do with order of recruitment in the barracks - but again, it'd need thorough testing to see if that's an accurate observation or coincidence. I don't tend to recruit the first available slot in my barracks, I click any of the slots even if they're all available. So that may have effected which unit was deleted from each barracks

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

Thanatos, please open the attached file and read instructions. Hope this helps you out.

Nope. A case of mistaken identity I think. Galladhorn might be interested as he did ask you to explain. The feature the OP is suggesting would just be a bonus not a necessity for me. Mind you a much preferred bonus when compared to the addition of blurry backgrounds. I'm way to lazy to start messing around with deleting troops and moving barracks but well done for finding such a work around. I'm sure it will be of benefit to many looking for a solution as no doubt there will be such quests in the upcoming event.

DeletedUser112365

hmm. That did work just now testing it.... in which case what you're saying is unit positions are determined by building positions..... would need far more testing to know if this is accurate or if it's just a once off fluke

especially as building B deleted slot 1, but building A deleted slot 2. So if this is working and not just appearing to work then hypothetically it should always delete the same slots. And given it's a 50/50 chance of it deleting from either building it'd be expected to have some degree of success even if it's not actually working

Whereas my observations before seemed to indicate it had more to do with order of recruitment in the barracks - but again, it'd need thorough testing to see if that's an accurate observation or coincidence. I don't tend to recruit the first available slot in my barracks, I click any of the slots even if they're all available. So that may have effected which unit was deleted from each barracks

It is accurate, and I have been using it for months now. No need to test it, unless to calm your nerves.

DeletedUser112365

Wouldn't be far simpler to just have the ability to delete units within the Military Building as well as the 'Units' console.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't be far simpler to just have the ability to delete units within the Military Building as well as the 'Units' console.

Why?

If you enable to see the difference between attached - and unattached units it shouldn’t be too hard to find them.
The attached ones always show first.

DeletedUser112365

Chalinna, you are completely missing my point. Did you look at the attachment?

Emberguard

Legend
@treboreel I tried your method both with and without moving the barracks. Both work the same way. Only tried it when all units have full health though

you're right it'd be useful to be able to specify which unit to delete from which building

DeletedUser112365

So, here is a scenario: You are prompted to delete three units from your current age. If you enter the 'Army Management' console and delete 3 units, in all likelihood you will delete them all from the same building. Then it takes 9+ hours to replace them. If the delete unit feature was inside the military building, then you could manage what units you delete from a building. It was just a suggestion for the programmers.

Agent327

Overlord
So, here is a scenario: You are prompted to delete three units from your current age. If you enter the 'Army Management' console and delete 3 units, in all likelihood you will delete them all from the same building. Then it takes 9+ hours to replace them. If the delete unit feature was inside the military building, then you could manage what units you delete from a building. It was just a suggestion for the programmers.

Delete 3 unattached units. Problem solved.