• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please add "Park Benches"

DeletedUser

Proposal: Please consider adding park benches as a happiness item to be placed in our cities. It would be an extra bonus if the people walking around occasionally sat down on them for a period of time.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yes, no sign of the suggestion when searched.

Reason: We have lightposts and they are lonely without their companion, a park bench. ;)

Details: I propose a 1x2 but a 2x1 going the other direction will give the same result. Happiness given should be about .3-.5 higher than a light post since it will use 2 squares

Visual Aids: Any ol' bench will do. Perhaps in red, black, green, or blue. :D

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Since this is a happiness item, adding them will not create a need for abuse monitoring. I recommend the bench only go "one" of the two directions to avoid people using them to spell out words. Silly, I agree, but you see it now and then with roads and bush placement.

DeletedUser276

scale would be too large with a 2x1 in comparison to other visuals. Would have to be a 1x1

DeletedUser3723

Lord Vortican would support this idea, but His Liege believes it would attract vagrants, misfits, and no doubt useless drunken serfs who do no work! They will likely defecate in His Lordship's fair city streets! A noble idea but 'twould encourage sloth among the peasantry and Mighty Lord Vortican shall have none of that!