• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player score - how does one acquire points?

DeletedUser113145

Hi there,

Is there a way to know how to acquire points for the player ranking? How would one know what to do if they wanted to improve their position in the ranking? What sort of actions give points?

I've a competitive guild member who is trying to catch me up, and although I'm a very active player, he seems to be doing that! I want to put some distance :-)

Cheers,
QB

DeletedUser

There is also the mechanism of spending Goods outside of the Market by Negotiating for Sectors and Provinces on the Conquest/World Map.

DeletedUser112745

I shall try to offer you some tips on increasing your score. :)

There are four main ways to earn score points. They are aggressive, passive, builder and spender. Though for the most part it depends on your preferred play style, you should dabble in all four ways for the best results.

Aggressive tips:
  • Try not to get your troops injured too much. Points are deducted for friendly injuries or deaths.
  • Try to have at least one or two GBs that boost the attack/defence of your troops. Statue of Zeus is an easy one to get. Cathedral of Aachen is another.
  • Attack in GE as far as you can, before switching to negotiating when it gets too hard.
  • Attack sectors in the continent instead of negotiating.
  • Don’t be afraid to use the attack bonus from the tavern. Also, if you want to be evil, activate the city shield so you can’t be attacked back (though this can be an expensive tavern silver habit).
  • Take part in guild vs guild battles.
  • Make sure your population is enthusiastic, for a little bonus points.

____________________​

Passive was removed from the game in 2016, sadly.

Passive:

• Every 300 coins collected = 1 score point
  • Every 300 production collected = 1 score point
Passive tips:

• Coins from aiding friends, neighbours and guildmates count too.
  • Coins and production from plundering, GE rewards and sector acquisition rewards also count.
  • Don’t have any guildmates in your friend list, you’re just limiting how many people you can aid, since you can only aid each person once per 24 hours.
  • Have GBs that boost coins and production. Lighthouse of Alexandria and St. Marks, for example.
  • If you’re actively playing the game, you’ll get more coins/FP in the long run doing the quick 5 minute options in production buildings. Only do the 1 hour, 4 hour etc options when you’re not actively playing the game. And remember to return to collect them before they get plundered and so you can make more.
  • Try to make sure the longer productions are motivated before collecting, for extra score. This isn’t always possible though. Use motivation kits if you have to (they’re very common if you participate in GE).
  • Make sure your population are enthusiastic, this will boost coins/production slightly.
  • Don’t be afraid to spend tavern silver on tavern boosts that increase coin or production collections. Get your tavern to the maximum level for the best benefit.

Builder tips:
  • Level your Great Buildings as much as you can. You gain additional points for each level. (See: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/great-buildings-encyclopedia.28246/)
  • Replace older buildings with newer ones. It makes no sense to keep Iron Age buildings for example if you are in Late Middle Ages. Delete them and replace them, because not only do they offer less coin/production/happiness, but they also hold down your score progress.
  • Use one-up kits or renovation kits on event buildings that you really think you need. Keeping them in ages lower than your current age just hinders what you get from them as well as your score.
  • Don’t fill in every space in your city with buildings that you don’t need (ie excessive culture buildings) just to increase your score. You may need the space later, for example for a GB, which would offer much more score.
  • Even buildings you win in GE add to your score if you build them.
  • Don’t delete unwanted buildings earned from GE, quests or events from your inventory. Build them in your city and then sell them, you’ll get coins and production from it, without having spent anything to build it (doesn’t work with premium buildings).

__________​

Spender
  • Spend goods. The score value of the goods depends on the era and whether they were refined or not. Click the thumbnail for the values.
B6B61D79-B3F5-4389-95E1-78A955E9D030.jpeg

Spender tips:
  • Goods traded on the market do not add score points. This is to prevent abuse, for example, via unfair trades.
  • Goods spent in GE and sector negotiations add score points, depending on the value of the goods.
  • Goods donated to the guild treasury add points to your score, depending on their value.
  • Try to have one or two GBs that produce goods. You can spend these goods on negotiations or donate them to the guild treasury for points.

There we have it, hopefully this information helps you a bit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112745

that was removed a long time ago

now that gives 0 points
So I see.
Upon further research it does appear to have been removed in 2016. But the source from which I did some research from a few months back was written in 2017. Seems the stuff I read was a bit behind on updates.
Thanks. Post amended. :)

Hi! Can anyone explain, please, what is going on with the ranking points for leveling GBs? The info I find about ranking points given for leveling the Arc is so much different from what I get in reality. Let's say, it is written that for going from lvl 20 to 21 I would get over 300 000 ranking points. However, after checking I see that only 20 000 ranking points were added. Don't really care much about ranking, but just curious why it happens.

Knight of ICE

You get 15 ranking points for the fp's spend at that level so 15 * 1273 = 19.095

Shad23

Emperor
maybe a stupid question but here i go : does buying or selling stuff in Antique dealer give pts ? if no then you are better off building stuff like homes or supply buildings then selling em if you have em in inventory

maybe a stupid question but here i go : does buying or selling stuff in Antique dealer give pts ? if no then you are better off building stuff like homes or supply buildings then selling em if you have em in inventory
You don't get points from buying or selling buildings. You get points from fighting, spending goods (not trades) and from the buildings in the city (size, age and level for GB's).

Shad23

Emperor
ok so beter to build em if you get homes or supply buildings then selling em if you have em in inventory

ok so beter to build em if you get homes or supply buildings then selling em if you have em in inventory
If you build them in the city, you get points from them. How many points depends on age and size.
I wouldn't call it better to build them than to sell them though. If you build them you only get (useless) points from them. If you sell them you get coins/supplies or trade coins/gems in th AD.
Why build buildings you don't need just to get points from them when you can sell them in the AD for trade coins/gems you can use to buy more useful buildings (maybe buildings that give more points when you build them than the buildings you sold)?

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
If you build them in the city, you get points from them. How many points depends on age and size.
I wouldn't call it better to build them than to sell them though. If you build them you only get (useless) points from them. If you sell them you get coins/supplies or trade coins/gems in th AD.
Why build buildings you don't need just to get points from them when you can sell them in the AD for trade coins/gems you can use to buy more useful buildings (maybe buildings that give more points when you build them than the buildings you sold).
i sell to AD only the premium ones (that give gems) and the rest i keep for quests that require coins or supplies

Shad23

Emperor
Why build buildings you don't need just to get points from them when you can sell them in the AD for trade coins/gems you can use to buy more useful buildings (maybe buildings that give more points when you build them than the buildings you sold)?
the info asked by OP was for pts so was wundering and asked a question on pts i prefer then building those then selling em for coins and supplys then to get AD coins only , normal coins i can use to buy FP's i rarely buy stuff from AD and i only sell premium stuff to AD