• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player made Swap threads

I'm seeing a lot of players adding their GB's to swap threads without contributing to the previous members GB attachment post.
It's fairly easy for newbs and others to get it wrong and it is currently a guild leaders responsibility to explain how they work.
As swap threads are in all guilds now; perhaps it would better for Inno to use some simple code enforcement by adding a main swap thread tab with subsections x5 x10 x20 x30 x50 as an integral part of the game.

Inno code could prevent anyone from attaching a GB without adding the threads required amount of fp's to the previous GB attachment.
This thread or game improvement is not an official idea yet, I have left this open for primary player beta discussion.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Since it isn't a bug it can not be a bug fix. Every feature is a cool feature in the eyes of the person proposing it. Swap threads is something players have come up with, so it is the players their responsibility to do it right. Not Inno's job to make sure they can not do it wrong.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
One thing about FP swap threads is that they were invented by community, similar to 1.9 threads. There isn't much need for a code or anything similar that would lock specific amount of FPs for putting in GBs depending on the swap thread you are using because swap threads are slowly, but safely going away, while 1.9 threads become the primary pick for players pushing their GBs.

Usually swap cheaters get caught and kicked from guilds, and after a short while they become outcasts with a bad reputation of cheating, and no guilds want to let them in.
Now, however, with the easy option to change player names, Inno have actually made life a little easier for swap cheaters and other dishonest players.
Fair enough though. Players created swaps, 1.9 contributions, sniping and many other things in the game. It's not Inno's job to stop cheating, dishonesty or unfair play between players on all those user made inventions. Only if it breaches the rules of the game.

It's not Inno's job to stop cheating, dishonesty or unfair play between players on all those user made inventions. Only if it breaches the rules of the game.

It's not Inno's to stop cheating, FOE would be a comedy circus if that was the case.
A game where it's not easy to cheat would in my opinion be much more fun.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Except none of this is cheating. It is poor gamesmanship, but not cheating.
And as mentioned above, these swaps and everything are player made games, within the guilds - since not all guild even have swap threads.
So what you have suggested in this thread is no real game improvement - but yet another attempt to create babysitting rules.

yet another attempt to create babysitting rules.
Sad that posters think like that, FOE is an enjoyable game but not so much if you have to constantly watch what players do or don't do in swap threads.
Going to have to find a better-managed guild for one of my cities where players know how to better behave. They don't care or are probably jealous that I have caught them up lol.

Knight of ICE

Sad that posters think like that, FOE is an enjoyable game but not so much if you have to constantly watch what players do or don't do in swap threads.

Easy solution. As a guild, don't have swap threads. As a player, do not participate in swap threads. Ridiculous Inno has to make player inventions fail safe. Player inventions are the players responsibility!

They have to do it sometimes because some players will always cheat or break the rules.
No different to any other online game, you are kidding yourself if you think FOE is any different.
There are no honest players that would object to INNO building swap features that work as intended.

Anyway, there is no need to be repetitive, I have said all I want thanks.

They have to do it sometimes because some players will always cheat or break the rules.
No different to any other online game, you are kidding yourself if you think FOE is any different.
There are no honest players that would object to INNO building swap features that work as intended.

Anyway, there is no need to be repetitive, I have said all I want thanks.
They are not breaking any GAME rules. Only rules made by some players. It's not Inno's responsibility to make features to enforce or stop violation of those home made rules. If some players want to play the game in a dishonest way where they breach rules made by other players, they are free to do so. No GAME rules demands that players must play the game in an honest, trustworthy, loyal or fair way.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Going to have to find a better-managed guild for one of my cities where players know how to better behave. They don't care or are probably jealous that I have caught them up lol.
And just as sad that you feel a game can only be enjoyable if there is someone ensuring that everyone is doing the same thing (hmm, sure you are not part of the Peoples Party of China?). You really feel that you need to watching the swap threads and policing them (or babysitting them, depends on your pov), but since there are no Swap features in the game, there is zero reason for Inno to do anything. Only thing that needs to be done, is some players need to stop being so sensitive and crying every time something they do not like occurs. Take your nose out of other peoples business.

RegV

Corporal
As swap threads are in all guilds now; perhaps it would better for Inno to use some simple code enforcement by adding a main swap thread tab with subsections x5 x10 x20 x30 x50 as an integral part of the game.

Inno code could prevent anyone from attaching a GB without adding the threads required amount of fp's to the previous GB attachment.
You say "simple code", but I bet it wouldn't be nearly as simple as you think. How would the mechanics actually work? I open a swap thread, attach my GB, click send, then what? Are the FPs just deducted from my account? Or do I go to the GB contribution screen and manually add the FPs? Or some other way?

I see some potential problems:
What if 2 people are trying to add at the same time? Players have already solved that (post first then donate). Inno would need to solve it too in their "simple code".

What if adding the required FPs would level the building? Just level and continue? Not everyone would like that. And what if the next level isn't unlocked? Just stall the entire swap thread for however long it takes to resolve? Most experienced players know how to work around this (don't level, send owner a DM asking what to do with the remaining FPs). Inno would need to solve this in their "simple code".

What if I want to spread my FP contribution across multiple payments so I can complete multiple Spend X FP RQs? That's easy to do now, would Inno's "simple code" allow me to do that?

What if Joe owes me 10 FPs and we agree that I'll just short him 10 on a swap and let him know we're square? Easy to do now. I doubt Inno's "simple code" would provide a way to do that.

So maybe this "simple code" isn't as simple as it seems?

So we would have to pay BEFORE attaching our own GB? With the risk of clashing with someone else who pays at the same time?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
So we would have to pay BEFORE attaching our own GB? With the risk of clashing with someone else who pays at the same time?
I don't know if there is a risk of clashing, so much as determining who (out of the 2 players that contributed at basically the same time) should be next on the swap list. This whole 'idea' was very poorly considered before this thread was started.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Again, community punishes you for breaking the community rules (punishments like kicking from guild, notifying other players that you aren't trustworthy partner for swapping or similar things so everybody avoids you for those etc.), while Inno punishes you for breaking the game rules and has nothing to do with the community rules.
I have played many MMO games before, I have gone through many rules written by the vast communities and no game I have ever played punished you for breaking the community rules developers' wise. Developers only care if you break the rules written by them when accepting to play the game.

Knight of ICE

Can you show which rule those players are breaking? I have gone through the Game Rules and even the Terms and Conditions and nowhere I can even find the words "swap threads", or rules applying to those.

Swap threads have rules, granted player made ones but rules non-the-less.
You may have gathered I'm not a fan of player made or player enforced anything because it's down to the individual online guild leaders to enforce them.
As you can see players also break rules that are not INNo official and even when they are.
So my suggestion would stop it all.