• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Player invitation improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97579

Proposal(s):

A couple of ideas for improving the "Add Friends" invitation page here:

yqYnjmD.png

1) Currently if you match a name exactly when you hit the magnifying glass icon, it'll send the invite. This should present the name in a list instead. Say you wanted to invite "BertTrapmannWhoHasALongName" but were feeling lazy and typed "Bert" hoping it would auto-fill in the same way that the in-guild messaging system does. If "Bert" exists as a player it'd send the request there instead. This should be made into a confirmation of username choice instead.

2) The large space underneath should be utilised for a free text field. This would be used to put in a short message as to why you're inviting them to connect. "I saw your friend request on the forum", "We have xxx as a common friend who recommended you" etc. This could currently be done with the messaging system as a secondary step - but it would make sense to be able to combine the two.

Abuse Prevention:

Technically, the free text field could be used to send spam in the same way as the messaging system currently is. The current in-game reporting systems should be sufficient to cope with anyone using it for this purpose.

DeletedUser7719

I don't hate the idea, but it doesn't feel like it would end up being too useful. To get their exact username, you could go to the world rank and search there name from there. Then "message" them and copy their username from there, and paste it back here. Even though this is a long process, I don't invite friends in bunches, so it doesn't waste too much time for me.

DeletedUser

+1

This would not affect me much personally, but I like any improvements to the UI that facilitate making the process of playing more comfortable, without changing the balance of the game.

DeletedUser1081

+1 from me as well. The process byeordie describes is really cumbersome, and some people do use the invitation gizmo frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.