• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Pillaged with City Shield active !!

Sho-dan

Private
Having been pillaged regularly, I set the city shield for a full day. I log in with 3+ hours left on it and find I have been pillaged regardless.
Yes, when I set it, I had not been pillaged.
Why would this be?

Emberguard

Legend
@Sho-dan the Benevolent welcome to the forums :)

The city shield only prevents attacking, not plundering

Once a attack has been successful a player has 24 hrs from the time of attacking to plunder a single item.

My recommendation would be to only buy the 48 and 72 hr timers as those guarantees a minimum of a day's rest plundering

Attackers are already on a 24 hr timer. So by putting a same length timer it'll only be worth the difference in time between when they last attacked and when you put the shield up. If they attacked 5 mins ago then putting the shield up straight away will only stop them for 5 mins as they were already locked out from attacking again for the rest of that 24hrs

It'd prevent additional plunderers in that 24 hrs sure because if they can't attack they can't plunder. But unless you're in a particularly bad hood then you might only be dealing with a single guy anyway