• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Trades) Person to Person Trading / Direct Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17180

Proposal
Add an option to directly trade with a certain player.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, didn't find any.

Reason
We often have trade deals with particular players that is mutually beneficial, but due to the lack of direct trading, the trades are likely to get taken by other players or guild members, which would benefit only one of the two parties. Hence, we require a direct trading option wherein there are no external interference.

Details
There are two sides to this; the Offeror's side, & the Receiver's side.
Offeror's side:
Let the following GIF explain how this will work.

kvltr6H.gif

When you're creating a new trade, there will be a checkbox to choose a player alongside the 'Guild Only' checkbox. Selecting 'Player' will give you a popup box to type in a player's name, which will trigger the player search engine. Once you select the required player, the player name will show up right below the 'Player' checkbox. With the player now selected, you can choose your good and create an offer.
Once the trade offer has been created, it will be listed on 'Your Current Offers' tab, with its own unique icon to separate it from other forms of trades (neighbourhood trades, guild trades). The following GIF will explain in more detail.

RiNnCss.gif

As the GIF shows, Player Only trade will have unique icons on separate it from the others. Hovering on the icon gives them the option to see to which player they offered that particular trade.

Receiver's side:
On the Receiver's side, the 'Trading' tab will show an extra checkbox for 'Direct Trades' which, once selected, shows all the trades offered directly to you. You can either accept the trade(s) or delete them. In case of being spammed by multiple trades from random users that you do not have a trade deal with, you can delete all the spam trades with the 'Delete All' button.

eGILqic.gif

Balance/Abuse Prevention
As mentioned just a second ago, it's possible that a troll would spam a player with scores of trades just to annoy them. In that case, the 'Delete All' button will be very handy and will take only two clicks to get rid of the spam.

FAQs
Q:
How will a player know if they've been offered a direct trade?
A: I think it's safe to assume that the two parties have talked with each other before the trade was offered in the first place. If that hasn't happened, its most likely spam.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Hey DriftingSteps,

It's not allowed to post animated images however for this idea, we will make an exception. Furthermore, I also kindly ask everyone to refrain from posting animated images.
So if he made his presentation as a video, and uploaded that, it would be fine?

DeletedUser17180

@OVERTYPE The images are externally linked. I uploaded it in imgur.com and linked it here. That wouldn't work as well? Thanks for mentioning that, I completely missed it.

DeletedUser12400

@OVERTYPE The images are externally linked. I uploaded it in imgur.com and linked it here. That wouldn't work as well? Thanks for mentioning that, I completely missed it.
I already replied ➜
Hey DriftingSteps,

It's not allowed to post animated images however for this idea, we will make an exception. Furthermore, I also kindly ask everyone to refrain from posting animated images.
- No animated images are allowed.

DeletedUser17180

I'd like to bring this idea to light again for more opinions and feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111848

+1 this is a good idea
and im trying to get this back on track

DeletedUser111862

+1

I'm often trying to do trades directly with certain people.

DeletedUser111866

+1, however there is another window for pushing a player. Offer them a trade of 100 your age goods vs 50 BA goods, and be completely safe from market snipers. Currently if you drop such a trade, it will most likely accepted by a random hood person and not the intended recipient.

DeletedUser111907

+1
I'm often trying to do trades directly with certain people so would be a great aid in this :-)

DeletedUser

+1

Though, now that you can send trades, you wouldn't even need to develop a UI for that. Just the ability to mark a trade offer as "private," so that nobody can see it unless you send them the attachment would work.

Emberguard

Legend
I love the idea, however I was hoping you could create it directly from the Message centre instead of having to go to the market first. Just one less step to go through but if it's easier to implement in the market then that would be a huge help in itself anyway. So annoying being sniped out of the goods I was promised but no ones fault. You can't expect people to tell which goods not the touch when there's no indicator on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.