• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Permanent effects

DeletedUser114510

There is a set of bonus quests around LMA/CA that deal with a witch. A couple of times it says to build a guillotine or gallows to kill her, or abort the quest and let her live. I aborted the first time but then built a gallows and she "died." I see on the map that there is a sector I did not get to scout. Will I never be able to scout and conquer it since I "killed" the witch and ended that sequence of bonus quests? I've been able to scout pretty much all of the surrounding ones.

DeletedUser96901

the quests doesn't affect what you can scout on the map

you only need to acquire the correct province(s)

to be able to scout the bonus provinces that province you need to have is Mount Killmore

DeletedUser112745

@Test Ament is correct.
Quests do not affect your progress on the continent map. Rather it is actually the opposite. Your progress on the continent map will affect your story and bonus quests.

You'll be able to acquire the sector later on as you progress, don't worry.

I noticed that every time I collected coins from residential buildings it gave money and mentioned about a "permanent effect" on raising the population, for example roof tile housing when the population is happy, collection gives +18 goes into the coin collection. However, it also states a permanent effect of +44 people, but my population does not increase. At the moment I am now left with 9 available population out of 995 total population. Does the required population come from the available or total. Is this a bug in the system?

I noticed that every time I collected coins from residential buildings it gave money and mentioned about a "permanent effect" on raising the population, for example roof tile housing when the population is happy, collection gives +18 goes into the coin collection. However, it also states a permanent effect of +44 people, but my population does not increase. At the moment I am now left with 9 available population out of 995 total population. Does the required population come from the available or total. Is this a bug in the system?

Hello.
Houses have 2 outputs, first is permanent which gives population (Rooftile House gives 44 people, Cottage gives 73 for example), you get fixed amount of population when the house is constructed and it does not change as long as that house stays in your city, even disconnected from roads.

Second output are coins which you can collect when they are produced. That output is affected by happiness of your population (angry population produces only 50% of the base amount, happy population produces 100% and enthusiastic population 120%).

Required population to construct a building must come from available population which shows how many people at your disposal you currently have (total population - employed population = available population).

Hi Captain :)
Can this at all be simplified? Staying within the rules, allow a fixed amount of population and shown as for example, 50% angry, 100% happy and 150% levels on completion of a given building rather than a "permanent effect" which to me seems to be misleading and another thing is allow "any" amount of population, angry, happy or enthusiastic to be sold rather than quote "You have too many citizens in employment to sell this building." Personally I think this simplification would add more fun to the game :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hello Q.O. - not sure what you mean by simplified, as it is all rather simple already. The City as a whole is affected by the emotion of the populace. It is a permanent effect, that can only be changed by increasing or decreasing happiness/population (not including any one time temporary effects).
If you have a house that contains 100 population, but you only have 80 population available to work - of course you should not be able to sell that house until you have more workers available, or find a house with lower population requirement.
Nothing misleading at all. You and your city hae to operate within the limits allowed - cannot go ahead and create a homeless population - that would not make any sense at all (as far as this particular game and its mechanics are concerned).

Hi Captain :)
Can this at all be simplified? Staying within the rules, allow a fixed amount of population and shown as for example, 50% angry, 100% happy and 150% levels on completion of a given building rather than a "permanent effect" which to me seems to be misleading and another thing is allow "any" amount of population, angry, happy or enthusiastic to be sold rather than quote "You have too many citizens in employment to sell this building." Personally I think this simplification would add more fun to the game :)

Happiness levels don't affect the amount of population you get from houses, but only affects coins. Amount of population is always a fixed number and you can't sell the house if you don't have at least that many population available - otherwise population from that house is in use somewhere. You would have to sell either supply production building, barracks, goods production building to "free" that population.

Hope this makes sense.

Happiness levels don't affect the amount of population you get from houses, but only affects coins. Amount of population is always a fixed number and you can't sell the house if you don't have at least that many population available - otherwise population from that house is in use somewhere. You would have to sell either supply production building, barracks, goods production building to "free" that population.

Hope this makes sense.
Yes it makes sense thank you :) However, I think the pop-up should say something like; You must build another property before selling this one? to me that is some form of making much more sense :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Yes it makes sense thank you :) However, I think the pop-up should say something like; You must build another property before selling this one? to me that is some form of making much more sense :)
But it would not necessarily be true. You may also have a smaller residential building that you could remove that would keep you within population limit. So the fact that you do not assign specific populace from specific buldings - but rather the entire populace is pooled together, and that pool is used to have workers - it is only important to know when you go to remove a building, whether it will put the pool balance into a negative position or not. If not, then remove building - but if it will put you into a negative position, then you get the current message.