• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Perfect Numbering

Surge

Brigadier-General
Proposal: Put commas in large-quantity numbers.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes.

Reason: I'll just put this bluntly: the fact that there are no commas on huge numbers kinda drive my eyes in random directions. Ok, not like that, but I think you can understand it when you see a number such as 300000 not written as 300,000. It looks better and its much MUCH easier to read it that way. Otherwise... "Oh is it thirty thousand or three hundred thousand? Gosh I hope it's not three million..."

Details: Umm... just add commas. Geez you don't need any skill to do that.

Balance: People suffering from dyslexia shall no longer be offended. Unless this is one of the purposes of this game.

Abuse Prevention: How can I abuse commas? Oh, yes, forgot you can make nukes out of them...

Summary: Add commas to numbers which need them, which are 4 digit numbers and anything beyond that. This looks useless, but I seriously can't read whats on the screen...

Greywolf

Sergeant
Excellent idea! Not sure why anyone could object to this, so I suggest that the game desigers get of their lazy chairs and give us some commas :cool:

DeletedUser

Very nit picky but I dont see any draw backs at all except people wont complain about grammar maybe? and it should be an easy fix for the developers too

Surge

Brigadier-General
Yes indeed. I do know a tiny bit of programming so all the devs would have to do is change the line of code that says to print "300000" and simply add a comma there. Of course it would take a little time to find and replace all values, but it would most likely take less time than fixing a simple bug. I think a single guy can manage it in a day.

DeletedUser

Ok, not like that, but I think you can understand it when you see a number such as 300000 not written as 300,000. It looks better and its much MUCH easier to read it that way. Otherwise... "Oh is it thirty thousand or three hundred thousand? Gosh I hope it's not three million..."

+1.. for the very same reason stated above ;)

DeletedUser

Beware, this is a slippery slope you tread. First you say want commas, then it will be proper use of apostrophes. What happens next, semi-colons?!

DeletedUser

Beware, this is a slippery slope you tread. First you say want commas, then it will be proper use of apostrophes. What happens next, semi-colons?!

Hmm, yeah, you make a good, and totally valid, point here. However, I believe that as long as adequate control is exercised over one's desire for proper punctuation, everything should be fine... and we can deal with the urges one at a time. (wink, wink; nod, nod)

DeletedUser

+1

id' like the game, to use the most correctest english possible;

DeletedUser

"Oh is it thirty thousand or three hundred thousand? Gosh I hope it's not three million..."

Perhaps it is not the comma that is missed, but the period.

Is it 300,000 or is it 3000.00

Punctuation makes cents!

DeletedUser7719

Well, in the EN server I think there's going to be periods here (like how it's "perfectly numbered" on the world ranking)

DeletedUser

Europe uses periods, US uses commas.

Not quite true.

Countries where a dot "." is used to mark the radix point and a comma "," is used to mark the thousands separator include:
  • Australia, Botswana, British West Indies, Brunei, Canada (English-speaking), Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kenya, Korea (both North and South), Lebanon, Luxembourg (uses both marks officially), Macau (in Chinese and English text), Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, People's Republic of China, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States (including insular areas), Zimbabwe.

Countries where a comma "," is used to mark the radix point and a dot "." is used to mark the thousands separator include:
  • Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada (French-speaking), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia (comma used officially, but both forms are in use elsewhere), Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Faroes, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kirgistan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg (uses both marks officially), Macau (in Portuguese text), Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam.

DeletedUser1094

Actually... I believe that the game (read : Flashplayer) can "read" the country of the user and insert whatever punctuation is used for that country.

When we for real reaches into the millions, it'll be necessary with 3-digit delimiters. +1 from here too... :)

Surge

Brigadier-General
Well it's necessary for IndA as is, that's where I got the 300,000 value (coins). And yeah, I think the player or whatever program can read your country, so periods and commas shouldn't really be a problem to sort for different countries.

On a side note, if the whole world uses the metric system (well, most of the world *looks at America* ok not really...), why can't we all use the same "number grammar" world-wide?