• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

People who won't buy Diamonds...

DeletedUser

Does anyone want to bet that those who say using Diamonds is bad/wrong have no problem spending $60 on a video game that they will spend *maybe* a total of 100 hours on?

Just an observation.

(And, don't go thinking you 'own' that video game; you don't. I was reading a box that Skyrim came in, it has pretty much the same legal babble that they all do nowadays: you do not even own the package the game comes in, let alone the game itself)

DeletedUser

Does anyone want to bet that those who say using Diamonds is bad/wrong have no problem spending $60 on a video game that they will spend *maybe* a total of 100 hours on?

Just an observation.

(And, don't go thinking you 'own' that video game; you don't. I was reading a box that Skyrim came in, it has pretty much the same legal babble that they all do nowadays: you do not even own the package the game comes in, let alone the game itself)

Actually no, I wouldn't make that bet. I don't have to look any further than me to contradict you.

I've spent maybe $50 on video games in the last 9 or 10 years. And $0 before that.

DeletedUser

what the hell does this have to do with DVDs????

DeletedUser

People pay $20 dollars for a DVD they will watch a few times (let's be generous and say 10 times, for 20 hours of entertainment); which never changes and offers no interaction what so ever.

DeletedUser

That's not what your original post even argued...

Anyway, if you include all media and all games into your little "argument" I've still spent maybe $150 in the last 10 years.

DeletedUser

It's not an argument, just an observation to point out that people will pay rather high dollars per hour for entertainment, except when it comes to internet based games.

DeletedUser

It's not an argument, just an observation to point out that people will pay rather high dollars per hour for entertainment, except when it comes to internet based games.

Its not the point about spending the diamonds. Its about perceived value. Up until now I haven't been able to see it. I think its getting there, but not there yet. I spend nuggets on The West which is the same thing, but I haven't spend one zac on this game. While they fly that little beta flag no one should feel any obligation to pay for diamonds.

Off the shelf games are a one-off purchase that you can play for ever. The whole pay-as-you-play scenario will see you fork out far more money over a year playing FoE than you would if you went out and bought an off the shelf game, but hey that's why Inno are in the business.

Also, some people it seems have more dollars than sense :-)

DeletedUser

Its not the point about spending the diamonds. Its about perceived value. Up until now I haven't been able to see it. I think its getting there, but not there yet. I spend nuggets on The West which is the same thing, but I haven't spend one zac on this game. While they fly that little beta flag no one should feel any obligation to pay for diamonds.

Off the shelf games are a one-off purchase that you can play for ever. The whole pay-as-you-play scenario will see you fork out far more money over a year playing FoE than you would if you went out and bought an off the shelf game, but hey that's why Inno are in the business.

Also, some people it seems have more dollars than sense :-)

Exactly, I do not really understand why this topic was even started. I for one would love to buy the diamonds, but will wait until the game is evolved more. To be honest I might pay a little here, and there anyway, but the fact is, I see no wrong in buying diamonds, but do not see the point as of now, but to each their own.

DeletedUser

I am trying to figure out how to delete it now. All I wanted to do was make a comment that might get some people to think 'Gee, I do see the point, if I'm willing to spend $5 on movie popcorn why shouldn't I be willing to spend a little bit on a game I like, to help them build it up'

But, everyone now a days seems to think that all statements are meant to be retaliated; I apologize for giving people something to ponder.

...I just noticed, it's after midnight - wonderful way to start off the 61st year.

DeletedUser

I am trying to figure out how to delete it now. All I wanted to do was make a comment that might get some people to think 'Gee, I do see the point, if I'm willing to spend $5 on movie popcorn why shouldn't I be willing to spend a little bit on a game I like, to help them build it up'

But, everyone now a days seems to think that all statements are meant to be retaliated; I apologize for giving people something to ponder.

...I just noticed, it's after midnight - wonderful way to start off the 61st year.

I understand your point, and do see what you are saying. I always wondered why I bought a DVD for $20, well a Blu Ray now for $25, but then I watch it once, maybe twice, and it sits in my shelf forever because I do not watch a movie more than once usually.
I for one would buy diamonds, but life is tough for me as of now, and will buy in the future.
I could point out that some people are still a little worried about their information going onto the internet, for example, my dad will not get a paypal account or buy anything off of Amazon because he thinks they are scams, or someone that was not intended to see the information would intercept it, and steal from him. Some people are intimidated by technology, and would not pay for a game on it, and would buy one at Wal-Mart because they trust that market. This may be one reason why people would not purchase diamonds, or anything online, but would waste money for a one time use item that costs more than buying the minimum amount of diamonds.

BTW if I understand you correctly Happy Birthday.

DeletedUser

LOL let's get Orien wasted aye? *hands a shot of Smirnoff* happy birthday :p

DeletedUser

Orien you have missed the point entirely. It's all about value for money and the quality of the experience. I too have Skyrim. I played it for days and days on end. It is immersive, addictive and totally 100% engaging. It is also a finished product and I know in a few months I will put it back in my PS3 and start again. It cost me £35. I'd call that Value for Money. Also do you really think Inno need your money to develop and improve FoE? Don't be ridiculous. TW alone must net them thousands of pounds/dollars each and every week. If they want my money, show me a finished product.

DeletedUser276

since this is off topic and banter I have moved the thread to the off topic section.

DeletedUser276

Orien you have missed the point entirely. It's all about value for money and the quality of the experience. I too have Skyrim. I played it for days and days on end. It is immersive, addictive and totally 100% engaging. It is also a finished product and I know in a few months I will put it back in my PS3 and start again. It cost me £35. I'd call that Value for Money. Also do you really think Inno need your money to develop and improve FoE? Don't be ridiculous. TW alone must net them thousands of pounds/dollars each and every week. If they want my money, show me a finished product.

well the topic wasnt about inno needing money just people who complain about spending money for a game :P or something like that.

We covered what you said in another thread that led no where.. please dont head down that path again.

DeletedUser

well the topic wasnt about inno needing money just people who complain about spending money for a game :P or something like that.

We covered what you said in another thread that led no where.. please dont head down that path again.

Hey I never brought it up... I just gave an opinion lol