• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Peaceful Cities Movement

DeletedUser110481

Hi, my name is kkipperr. I like a peaceful game. I want to build my city and that is really all I want to do. I do not want to be attacked by other people. Their sole motivation seems to be that they want to feel powerful because they have been placed at the top of the neighbourhood by randomness and they think that gives them the right to ruin another person's game. I enjoy working with others. This game rewards working with others. It is one of the beauties of the game.

People have asked to be able to opt out of PvP on the forum before by Sandz of Time and Lady Lynne. I imagine there have been more that I haven't found and I know there are a lot of other people playing now who don't want to be involved as I have been speaking to them. I believe that the game should cater for it.

In one of my Guilds two people left the game because they were being constantly attacked. One was being looted by three people every day. I do not believe that this game should be a place where people can bully others and that is what that was. I find that this could happen extremely abhorrent.

I have read the moderators responses before, and it seems to be that it is considered to be part of the game. i consider this a false argument. When this game first started the previous big game by Inno was Tribal wars, which was a fighting game and so I understand the reasons this was included, but the game has changed through the years. Most people who play now want to Sim City. It is what attracted them and it is what attracted me. You cannot just say it's part of the game. The game changes, and it needs to change again to keep up with the demographic that is now playing. Two years ago there wasn't an Oceanic Future or a Level 4 in the Guild expedition, but there is now. I think the tavern may be less than a year old. See. The game changes. The players who are attracted to this game have changed and such a fantastic game deserves to change with them.

If people do want to fight then an opt out will still allow them to. remember, if I opt out of fighting I am not dictating to the fighters how to play the game as they can fight amongst themselves (although isn't GvG for that), but when they attack me, they are dictating to me how to play the game. There is only one reason that you can possibly be against an opt out button and that is that you want to bully other players who do not want to be involved.

I have sent nasty notes for a while to people who attacked me. This was deliberate. Finally, yesterday one blocked me. This proves my point. Why can I not block them attacking me when it hurts my game. However, they can block my mails when I only sent it because they attacked me, and they attacked me without any provocation, solely to steal my stuff.

I think that there should at least be a poll. And I really mean at least.

Before I sent this message I first contacted tech support as I didn't know that I should write it here. I got people to send them messages saying "I support kkipperr". I think they got a lot. I feel a bit mean for that now, as they have been very nice, but I believe that the fact that people sent those messages proves that this change is needed.

I think the beauty of this game is that it rewards working together and that should be what is emphasized. Recently a guy put up a post in my Guild asking for 5 trades that hew was desperate for. He offered 3 FP for every trade that was accepted. I didn't need the trades, but they didn't hurt me either, so I took all 5 trades and contacted him. I said that he should only pay 2 FP per trade. the reason was I had a GB that was very close to levelling up ( about 30 points left) and if he put 10 FP in it I would quickly finish it, then he would get 10 FP back (plus some medals and blueprints). That is why this game is great. We both gained I got 10 FP on my GB, and didn't lose anything, he got his trades, it cost him nothing extra and he got some medals and blueprints once I levelled it up. I know it was unusual that i would have that 10 point slot still available, but as I said it demonstrates why this game is great. Please understand that looting people diminishes this games strengths.

This is very, very important to a lot of people playing the game.

I know that my demands can be ignored by the moderators, however knowing I may be ignored has never stopped me before and so, nevertheless, I demand that a poll at least be run. Better still, accept that the game has changed and simply change it to meet the wishes of a great deal of the players.

Thankyou for listening to me

PS At least a poll

Please discuss

DeletedUser110481

Well, nobody has disagreed, so I'm just going to expand on my proposal. To facilitate players being with other players of a like mind I propose that the neighbourhoods be grouped based upon their preferences. The people in the Nice neighbourhood can then braid each others' hair and talk about their feelings, whilst the people in the Naughty neighbourhood can stab each other and compare who has the smelliest farts, and everybody's happy. The examples of what they might fo in their neighbourhoods are of course meant to be funny. Except the smell farts part. Nothing's funny about smelly farts.

DeletedUser110255

This is a war game. I like ur approach but be glad that other people cant conquer your city and you lose it (e.g grepolis, tribal wars1/2, and other empire games..). choosing ur neighbourhood tho..... that can seriously be abused.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I'm not gonna come up with a new argument concerning this because this has been mentioned pretty close to an infinite amount of times by many people so I'm just gonna copy paste what I wrote a few months ago.

Surge said:
I used to get plundered a lot daily. Six people or something like that? Yeah that wasn't fun, but I was about to talk to all of them and just through negotiations I cut down half the plundering. Four guy dropped randomly for some reason, then I beefed my defense and made another guy quit. In the meantime I just built more goods buildings to mitigate my losses and did 24 hour collections.

Yeah you forgot about that, huh.

dimondus

Captain
I'm not gonna come up with a new argument concerning this because this has been mentioned pretty close to an infinite amount of times by many people so I'm just gonna copy paste what I wrote a few months ago.
Another gr8 strategy is to send friends request to attacker (of course you should have free space). That way I got 3-4 top level players that aid and sit in my tavern daily instead of plundering :)

DeletedUser111867

The issue isn't with the game mechanic itself the problem is the horrible imbalance that flows through this entire game. You have certain players who just hang around in whichever era they have chosen becoming these obscenely powerful players by comparison to the average player in their neighbourhood, this is nothing new to games of these types and we all know why these people do it.

The problem is that the game mechanic supports these players rather than offering a level playing field in which if you were raided you could seek revenge; granted if someone is of comparable level to you it is quite possible to seek revenge.

Sadly the usual scenario is 7 rogues with a single (insert here most useful/powerful unit of that era) troop type that attack you and wipe your defenses without taking any losses. How? Well........when that player has several GB's giving them in excess of 100% damage bonus its not very hard to see the whys and hows. You can then take this scenario in reverse when you try to get revenge to find his defensive units are all buffed sometimes over 200% so they are almost instantly killing your units and taking next to no damage.

You see the same monkeys hanging around at the top of the neighborhood tournament making it impossible for anyone else to gain medals

The game mechanics are fine its the developers lack of action to deal with the people taking advantage of the game mechanics and ruining it for other players that is the issue............sadly all these power/long time players are the ones contributing the most to the coffers of the developers so nothing will change; its the same in any browser/mobile game.

dimondus

Captain
So you basically saying devs need to punish players who check game every half an hour so casual players can take top places? Ok :)

DeletedUser14881

Check the game half hour or so or better have the game app installed to get alerted when something happens in your city is something. But try to compete with top players that are only top in their neighborhoods because of the points their super high-level diamond-bought GBs provide or the enormous amount of SoKs is another totally different.

I'm a pacifist, both by choice and financially (a large diamond pack in my country costs like 400 bucks). I try to solve issues by talking/writing and most people understand. But that varies from player to player and regardless the past experiences Inno had with previous games, there is always room to improve.

And I mean REAL improvements, not these pathetic Incidents or GB levels attached to messages.

dimondus

Captain
Those people that spend 400 bucks on packs paying for you to play for free, without them none will pay for servers and devs salary.
But I agree with your last statement, improvements in game engine are necessary.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111867

So you basically saying devs need to punish players who check game every half an hour so casual players can take top places? Ok :)

You clearly didn't understand what I wrote; I'd suggest you read it again but I'm getting the vibe you are one of the people I was highlighting in my post. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser110195

super high-level diamond-bought GBs
Do you know it's very common to get advanced era GBs without spending one diamond on any of it? Probably not, see someone with advanced GBs, assume diamond spending instead of looking into it. I'm creeping ever closer to #1 in my 'hoods because of this, and you can be sure the ones who do this are the ones optimizing their ability in every area, not just advanced GBs. There's not one GB above late middle ages which gives you a significant advantage in attacking. Alcatraz only lets you absorb losses easier, it doesn't help you win. Arctic Orangery and the new Kraken affect so few battles as to not be reliable enough to count on.

Those of us not rushing ahead in the ages do this expressly so we're not completely dominated like most people who post whine threads like this one.

dimondus

Captain
You clearly didn't understand what I wrote; I'd suggest you read it again but I'm getting the vibe you are one of the people I was highlighting in my post. :rolleyes:
Actually I spent like 20 $ in 2 years so no I'm from the other crowd. People getting diamonds because they has a city with wishing wells and by doing repeatable quests in every world and like Augustavian said above my post its a slow creep and not rushing through ages.

I don't know about those who paying real money but there should be such people because otherwise this game would not exist. I think they deserve taking high ranks.

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
Actually I spent like 20 $ in 2 years so no I'm from the other crowd. People getting diamonds because they has a city with wishing wells and by doing repeatable quests in every world and like Augustavian said above my post its a slow creep and not rushing through ages.
Not to mention that completing Level 4 alone on Guild Expeditions will net you on average 150 Diamonds each week!

LadyHecate

Major-General
Plus doing all quests for Halloween in 2 worlds brought me around 150 diamonds.
Especially, when you have a decent Chateau; I'm getting 55 Diamonds instead of 20 now for such quest rewards. When you multiply that across several cities then the Diamonds roll in.

It's not a case of playing harder, it's a case of playing smarter! Although playing hard and smart helps too!!!

dimondus

Captain
Yea
Especially, when you have a decent Chateau; I'm getting 55 Diamonds instead of 20 now for such quest rewards. When you multiply that across several cities then the Diamonds roll in.

It's not a case of playing harder, it's a case of playing smarter! Although playing hard and smart helps too!!!
Yeah, if only I had space for all useful buildings but I'll get there... eventually :)

Vesiger

Monarch
The game mechanics are fine its the developers lack of action to deal with the people taking advantage of the game mechanics and ruining it for other players that is the issue............sadly all these power/long time players are the ones contributing the most to the coffers of the developers so nothing will change; its the same in any browser/mobile game.
As in any game, there are unintended exploits available when players behave in ways that the developers didn't anticipate when they introduced new features; it's like tax law.

DeletedUser111948

I'm actually all for being able to opt out of PvP - this is a city builder game, so it makes sense for people who want nothing to do with PvP mechanics to just... Be left alone.
I'm not a fan of forcing people in to confrontations they do not want, there is enough of that happening in our day to day lives, games should be a "get away" not "more of the same crap" - voluntarily PvP that everyone enjoys is great, people forced to endure other peoples abuse to provide them with "fun" while they themselves are not interested in playing is not.