• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Paying Players v Non Paying Player

DeletedUser6328

I feel you have made the game way to easy for Paying Players to have an unfair advantage over Non Paying Players of the game. One player in our Neighborhood went from no where to first place in all ways and now is just unquenchable. Some player of your game have been playing for a year or more were overtaken in a day. I understand the need to make money to support your game but the way it is now you essentially have us That are unable to pay, all lambs for the slaughter so that paying players can win, by buying their way to the top. It needs to be more tapered. It needs to be more fair. Or your game will eventually be unplayable for those who cannot pay.

DeletedUser

Its been whined about many times by those who think life is supposed to be fair. (Whoever told you that lied.)

You could look at the advantages. Diamond users in your neighborhood get ahead faster than you. It means they are producing goods that you will need and they have to trade on your market. It means you can attack them (if you are good) and plunder high end goods. It means they get way out in front of the rest of the neighborhood and then get bored because there is no one to give them a challenge, so they quit. It means you can feel very proud of yourself when you pass someone in score and see that they spent a lot of diamonds but you still got ahead of them.

You can do all that or you can whine that life ain't fair and keep looking for your utopia somewhere else. (PS I have not yet bought a diamond in this game but I would at the right place and time.)

DeletedUser8813

its a never ending circle ..people think that these games they like to play are free ..they like to think the developers do it for fun..but in reality it costs money and some one has to pay...but those that choose to pay so the don't wanna pay can play for nothing .get ridiculed for getting an advantage...so it will always be the non payers whinge about the payers

DeletedUser

its a never ending circle ..people think that these games they like to play are free ..they like to think the developers do it for fun..but in reality it costs money and some one has to pay...but those that choose to pay so the don't wanna pay can play for nothing .get ridiculed for getting an advantage...so it will always be the non payers whinge about the payers

Exactly those paying players should be thanked for actually supporting this games development really. Plus as pointed out by numerous people diamond users develop quickly and then get bored when there is nothing remaining to do. They quit playing quicker than others as they have reached the end so their advantage is then reduced to nothing. I can't see a problem at least non diamond players get a sence of achievement for their development that diamond users don't get.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser7798

Should be cussed for promoting unbalance. Sence of achievement as diamond player? LOL, beat diamond players as a non diamond player and feel what real achievements are.

life is supposed to be fair. its just not like that because of greedy people. there are many ways to earn money for development, the way Inno does it are absolutely not the way. It is the peak of greed and unbalance. There are so many different ways to approach it, there is no way Inno's activity can be defended. Economy crisis is not a valid point.

Instead of pure P2P excluding those who can't do payments, some games choose to only have "half" the game avaible to non paying players. In FOE it would be something like non p2p peak at HMA, unable to compete in towers and alike. p2p players past HMA cant attack lower age players. Otherwise up until that point the game is fully balanced, everyone get addicted and want to pay that fee. That simple it is.

Seriously. WoW the so called most successful MMO ever is P2P and the price is outrageous. It is ALSO P2W, but very few admit and see that.

10$ a month or for two months, if you can't pay that you shouldn't be playing games.

Or actually sell the product. Don't rent it out. Yea right, what a loss for them. Bigger loss than continously losing players and having paying players drop like flies cause they round game in no time and have zero competition?

Get a clue Inno. Do they even play ther own games? Are they able to imagine how good and popular Grepolis could be if it was balanced? No. And they do not see the marketing value of a 90% larger playerbase. Inno games, are preserved for their paying customers. We all need to grasp that fact. The rest, are just cannon fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

Should be cussed for promoting unbalance. Sence of achievement as diamond player? LOL, beat diamond players as a non diamond player and feel what real achievements are.

life is supposed to be fair. its just not like that because of greedy people. there are many ways to earn money for development, the way Inno does it are absolutely not the way. It is the peak of greed and unbalance. There are so many different ways to approach it, there is no way Inno's activity can be defended. Economy crisis is not a valid point.

Instead of pure P2P excluding those who can't do payments, some games choose to only have "half" the game avaible to non paying players. In FOE it would be something like non p2p peak at HMA, unable to compete in towers and alike. p2p players past HMA cant attack lower age players. Otherwise up until that point the game is fully balanced, everyone get addicted and want to pay that fee. That simple it is.

Seriously. WoW the so called most successful MMO ever is P2P and the price is outrageous. It is ALSO P2W, but very few admit and see that.

10$ a month or for two months, if you can't pay that you shouldn't be playing games.

Or actually sell the product. Don't rent it out. Yea right, what a loss for them. Bigger loss than continously losing players and having paying players drop like flies cause they round game in no time and have zero competition?

Get a clue Inno. Do they even play ther own games? Are they able to imagine how good and popular Grepolis could be if it was balanced? No. And they do not see the marketing value of a 90% larger playerbase. Inno games, are preserved for their paying customers. We all need to grasp that fact. The rest, are just cannon fodder.

Do you need some cheese and crackers with that whine..... if you think that poorly off inno then why bother playing...i would rather pay than put up with adverts everywhere

DeletedUser

life is supposed to be fair. its just not like that because of greedy people.

I'd sure like to see the research to support that theory.

DeletedUser7798

Adverts are already everywhere.. Never did I suggest adverts as a means of income for Inno >.> There are good basic ideas for Inno's games, but I suppose also you fail to perceive the large amount of players complaining and quitting almost all for the same reason. If you go to other games people quit from a vast variety of reasons, not Inno's games where there are something ground-breaking wrong. Even had my island in grepolis hacked by one of their trusted paying customers. I know very well what's the problem with Inno. Basically the whole staff.

not a theory, a fact.

DeletedUser11540

I think the ones who whine being taken over by paying players should grow up a bit, it's you being unfair, not the devs or the premium players. Life is fair, you just fail to see it.

DeletedUser

Do you need some cheese and crackers with that whine..... if you think that poorly off inno then why bother playing...i would rather pay than put up with adverts everywhere

I am all for a good topic for conversation and the diamond vs non-diamond players (or should I say non-diamond vs diamond, because I've never seen a diamond player in the attack mode) has always been a heated one with lots of responses even though everyone claims how fed up they are with the discussion.

Truth is, if the topic is still able to generate so much fervor and different stances, then in my opinion, it is legitimate. Of course, new arguments should be put forward; not a rehash of the same old routine.

I know very well what's the problem with Inno. Basically the whole staff.

not a theory, a fact.

First off, remember that if you make such bold statements of fact, then the burden of proof is on you.
Second, no matter how irritated you are and feel justified in voicing your complaints, you should never generalize like that. The whole staff, really?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fact................Inno can't attract enough people to test the game fully by just opening it to paying customers or they would do it......to fully test it out they need many many people.....far more than those who pay to play..................The adverts are placed by people who know they must reach an audience greater than the paying audience ......thus inno get their adverts not because they can offer their paying audience but because they have a large audience of paying and non paying people................

DeletedUser276

I hate to be a gloomy gus... no I dont I actually enjoy being a gloomy gus. Guess I need to get out more often.....

anyways.. the diamond vs non diamond is the same in almost every game thats online. You pay you get massive bonuses. People complain that premium players get a massive boost... of course they do or else why would they spend any money. As for raising the costs... I personally think they are too high in some areas as it is. But I guess thats the sign of the times. When the game first started up people were complaining it was too expensive... now they are saying it is too cheap. Guess people in general just cant make up their minds ;)

Malhalla your exclamation on the whole staff to me is a bit like racism. You dont know who all the staff are so your just doing a generalization lash out. I wouldnt do it again though... Think things through and dont use just your emotions. It gets information across without causing confrontations. In an arm wrestling competition I think you would pull in second place each time. Keep posts polite and friendly. I am sure 99% of the population could do that and get their point across without being rude and the other 1% most likely have turrets or something that isnt their fault.

I dont mind good debates so long as people follow what I said. Its when they start getting on a personal level is when I step in and start sitting on people.

DeletedUser

I've never had a problem with people paying to play, after all it does pay the wages of the devs. What I find problematic though, is the way it works here. You can basically buy victory points (or whatever they're called here). Reduce points if it's a bought item, simple. Gain it through play = full points. You still get the advantage of getting early units, resources , etc if you buy, but will need to play to make up the lost points.

I play another game. It's completely free if you want. But, for 'convenience' only, it allows you to pay. You can buy things like skins (the only thing that's never free), champions, extra pages for your presets, etc. Everything, other than skins, is available for 'purchase' by gaining points through play, if your willing to wait a short while. I've spent $50 so far, didn't have to but it was a really good game. Probably won't do the same here.

DeletedUser276

well this game has free premium that we give out as well... we have monthly competitions, and there is sponsorpay ingame... though its not great and is hit or miss sometimes for receiving the premium.

Most other sites dont have the competitions like I do for free premium. For every storm cloud there is a silver lining.

DeletedUser

Thanks Blacksmith, I know about the comps, but the returns are often limited to a very few people and the amount seems fairly low.

My point was more about the fact that you get full credit for buying an item rather than 'earning' it. That and the advantage of getting it early.

The other game has comps too, ones where there is no limit on awards. OK they're quite small, but they are there to encourage play of the majority, not just the few who see the possibility of winning.

I haven't even thought about trying to compete on the houndsmoor one, as there are only 3 places for non-diamond. I can't be on enough to have a hope of getting a place, and I've been on quite a lot. No encouragement for me to play, just plod on as usual.

DeletedUser7798

it's very well thought through from years of experience. and i keep being fed with reasons for mistrust. the theory > fact notice was a respond to grosseye, but suited the other sentence to. so i let them blend as a trap to who's actually having a clue what's going on.

you claim that i wouldnt want to do it again. funny how you think you know me. i would do it over and over again, i do not hide the truth. quite the contrary in fact. i already restrain from sharing tons of information that would have you wave the banhammer instantly. Even with formal complaints you threaten. hypocritically pathetic enemies of morale. There may be a couple staff individuals that are blind to what's actually going on, doesn't change anything in regards to who and what they represent. if a customer can see through the scheme, one would expect a employee or volunteer to see it to, but idk. maybe your all paid well enough to keep the sheets clean. and that is why your all labelled.

entitled to my opinions i am not. if you perceive my opinions as rude that's your problem, not mine. if they were not within limits you would insta delete it. if you feel personally attacked by my generalization, seriously. why are you proving my point. sit around, im obv. not a paying customer that flame your activity all over the place. you don't need me to do that. just like you don't need happy players.

DeletedUser276

I think mate you just need a hug.

hug_zpsc85fdefc.jpg

DeletedUser7054

It amazes me how little people actually know about the company, and its direction.
To innogames all players are important, but most of all the free players.
Fidelity Growth Partners has made a major financial investment in the company. The purpose of the game is simple.
1) Use premium players to fund the development of the game.
2) Build a huge base of registered users.
3) Add in-game banner advertisement to all the games.
4) As soon a step 3 generates some revenue, they will take the story to Goldman, or UBS and innogames will come public, on the stock exchange. Eike and Hendrik Klindworth and Michael Zillmer will get billions of dollars for their shares, and…. Game Won!!!

DeletedUser

Its not that we don't know, we just don't care ;) its online micro transaction game, the rest is not that important to me.

@Malhalla, you are entitled to your opinions, as we all are. I think that 90% of your post is rant and the rest is not new or ground breaking as you think it is. Honestly, you sound like some doomsayer at the corner street, preaching to who you perceive as the blind and misguided.