• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: passive bonus: 2nd def wave -

• Thread starter DeletedUser113901
  • Start date

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

DeletedUser113901

Proposal: make a passive bonus for a GB that would give a chance for a second wave in defense.
Have you checked the ideas section for similar ideas posted by other players? Yes yet I found none.
Reason: it is very easy to build up your atk at the moment but turtling is much more difficult. With 4 main atk GBs + 2 bonus, but only 3 main def GBs and 1 bonus, and since the pvp AI is very bad at fighting, nearly anyone can be breached by nearly anyone, especially people at the top of the hood like me, whatever they do. Since they have added 3 atk GBs in the last 3 eras, we can expect inno to release one in the upcoming era, worsening the situation.
Details: the passive bonus would be added to a GB from an upcoming era. Here are possible values
Lvl1: 8% chance of 1 random unit from your age
Lvl2: 16% chance of 1 unit
Lvl3: 24% of 1 unit
Lvl10: 80% of 1 unit
Lvl11: 80% of 1 unit, if it goes off, 8% of a 2nd unit
Lvl12: 80% of 1 unit, if it goes off, 16% of a 2nd unit
Lvl21: 80% of 1 unit, if it goes off, 80% of a 2nd unit, if it goes off, 8% of a 3rd unit
...... Capped at lvl 80 - only active bonus still increases
or +0,1% chance on each army size each lvl past 80, capped at 180
The active bonus will need to be good because the passive bonus is more designed like some (much needed) help than a game changer. It is not ment to guarantee 100% successful defense. In fact, these would be the chances of each army size at lvl 80:
1+: 80%
2+:64%
3+:51,2%
4+: 41%
5+:32,8%
6+:26,2%
7+:21%
8 (full army):16,8%
Visual aids: not available
Balance: I can't see any balance issue, feel free to point out.
Abuse prevention: I can't see any abuse, feel free to point out.
Summary: make a GB with a chance for a 2nd defensive wave as passive bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galladhorn

Monarch
"Proposal: make a passive bonus for a GB that would give a chance for a second wave in defense."

Does that mean that in Auto defence the defender might get another (replacement) unit if a defending unit is killed?

Agent327

Overlord
Funny enough Inno has released an attacking GB worsening the situation.

That has nothing to do with this idea ofcourse.

DeletedUser2989

I like the concept, though I'd probably combine the increase in percentage and number of units into one increasing scale. So instead of the first units chance increasing to 80% then the second up to 80% I'd make the percent chance increase slower and combine the second units chance with the first. So by level 10 you'd have maybe a 40% chance of 2 units (or whatever balances out over 80 levels...).

Just my opinion that people may not bother if they need a level 30 GB to get a 80% chance of having a second wave with 3 units in it (which probably wouldn't add too much challenge to attackers). If a level 30 resulted in a 40-30% chance of 6 units it might be more appealing, in any case it'd be something that would require careful balancing aligned with the cost of the GB at each level.

As a side note, perhaps with the space age coming up the GB could be a "space elevator" with the effect "orbital drop troops" where we can pretend the GB allows us to drop in back up troops for our defenses. :)

DeletedUser113901

I like the concept, though I'd probably combine the increase in percentage and number of units into one increasing scale. So instead of the first units chance increasing to 80% then the second up to 80% I'd make the percent chance increase slower and combine the second units chance with the first. So by level 10 you'd have maybe a 40% chance of 2 units (or whatever balances out over 80 levels...).

Just my opinion that people may not bother if they need a level 30 GB to get a 80% chance of having a second wave with 3 units in it (which probably wouldn't add too much challenge to attackers). If a level 30 resulted in a 40-30% chance of 6 units it might be more appealing, in any case it'd be something that would require careful balancing aligned with the cost of the GB at each level.

As a side note, perhaps with the space age coming up the GB could be a "space elevator" with the effect "orbital drop troops" where we can pretend the GB allows us to drop in back up troops for our defenses. :)
So something like +2% chance on each size every level untill 10, +1% untill 60 and + 0,5% untill 80? Allowing to continue with 0,1% untill 180 perhaps? I'll add that to the proposal.
And I like the name.
----------------------------------
On the other hand the attacking army will be damaged from the first fight so even 1 or 2 units can be a threat (if the atker uses rogues and loses his/her/its mother unit). I guess both ways have their strengths and weaknesses.
----------------------------------
Actually there's a problem. That would mean at level 10 you would have 20% of 1, 4% of 2, 0,2% of 3... That's in fact much less than 80% of 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Tankovy's revision does sound like a better version (to me) if we're using the latest age goods. If we were doing any age or a early age then your original version would be fine as the later in the game the more powerful you expect a GB to be

DeletedUser113901

Tankovy's revision does sound like a better version (to me) if we're using the latest age goods. If we were doing any age or a early age then your original version would be fine as the later in the game the more powerful you expect a GB to be
It would be better for lvls 50-80 but much worse for 1-30 I fear. Something in between would be a real balancing challenge but if anyone can come up with something good...
Btw are comments forwarded with the idea?

DeletedUser96901

definitely

when losing 4 or even 5 units before the battle starts it needs a 2nd wave to be able to defend the city

DeletedUser99588

It might help some that already have a high defence attribute but a lot of fights the attacking army hardly gets touched, so all the second wave does is provide extra points to the attacker and no real benefit to the city under attack. So those that are almost safe from attack now and probably only get breached by a few if any will no doubt be 100% safe with this idea but the rest with average defence attributes will be in the same boat but providing their attacker with greater points.

If the idea is intended to make PvP harder then I'm against it. Personally I want see more participate in it not less. If the real reason is to get extra fights then play GvG.