• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Overflow Players

• Thread starter DeletedUser1080
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1080

It seems to me that even though we're being told that we have a 80-limit on players in the neighborhood, players who are new seem to be placed in neighborhoods with 80 existing players and are not showing up. I even see this issue in Arvahall. I have a suspected hypothesis behind what's happening, but I would really like to know who all is something I've temporarily deemed an "Overflow Player" so that I can gather more data on this issue. Using Thanyana's wonderful group list, which I'll post at the end, figure out which neighborhood you belong to and post the number here along with your in-game name, your current, estimated points, and the points (I'd prefer the names, but that's optional) of the players ranked 70-80. It's a hassle, I know, but it really will help me know. (If you're too lazy to do that, just scroll to the end of your neighborhood list and hit PrntScr, save it as a .jpg in paint, and then upload it here by hitting the picture of a tree that's got a black box drawn around it with black points as corners.) It should look something like this:

Name: Fireprincess59
Group #: 12
Estimated Points: 5,000
Players 70-80: tutter, 68k; BillyHero, 67k; ClovisPsyKoz, 67k; IronFighter, 66k: krhoum, 66k; verna24, 66k; rantaplan, 65.5k; kuila, 65.5k; Arya Stark, 65k; Caltha, 63.5k; pentium415, 63.5k
[Or a picture of the bar, you'll have to do this twice since it'll only show you 6 at a time]

Group 1Group 2Group 3Group 4Group 5
thanyanarakeVFRMarkAerozolRain
smodraFortisPersian WarriorlikableSilrathi
thespianiOrienDrogenopamagic markerFisher219
Group 6Group 7Group 8Group 9Group 10
AqrielMadGab7xRAxmickstrainmink
fladoThe GryphonFree-NixBeaverBuzzMKPeter
ThorlofbvanzettSwatter Da Conr4nmaaexe
Group 11Group 12Group 13Group 14
Itsygosunmoon1806Harr0sSIRKILLALOT
SaberZILLIONAIREenora09Domlargoth
alveradisDirkThrustRubenzNingishzida

To save my sanity because apparently tables are coded in HTML on these forums (-eyetwitches-) I only included the top 3.

Anyway, my hypothesis is that every neighborhood has an "overflow" amount, or an amount of players that can join past the 80-neighbor limit. This is a small amount but it's so that players who are inactive can get bumped from the list and then deleted. In theory, it works. Some continents didn't have enough players to join for it to work properly.

Attachments

• BRISGARD!.jpg
    BRISGARD!.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

statistical freaks, aren't we? :D

well, on my continent all the 70-80 players have a big 0 points.

Damast posted about it in bug section, maybe it would be a good idea to wait a bit for an answer, before launching a data gathering campaign to figure this stuff out ;)

DeletedUser1080

>D ALL THE DATA!

The same problem happened on Arvahall and the player submitted a ticket. No response.

DeletedUser1081

sorry Deianira - i'm a cooperative sort and i'd like to help, but i don't get what you're asking for, from whom. who should post what you're asking - only people who are numbered over 80?? and are you a developer or coordinator or ... ???

Group 10:
Estimated Points: ... you don't need my current points, right?? i don't understand what you want here.
Players 70-80: all 0 points (niels546, TEJA SO1, Mitdyl11, rakeshgi, PaulFrank, 7ros, toyo08, Hirschau1993, AlexLand, AlexXx, GraysonW

ps: in case it's relevant, i've just noticed that players 62-69 are all new names today. all with 0 points.

DeletedUser1080

People who are joining Brisgard and Arvahall as of late are being placed in continents that currently have 80 players - they're "overflow" players. They, as a result, don't show up on the list of 80 players in the continent. We've been told, thus far, that everyone's continent has 80 players and that is /it/. So, the idea that I, who just joined Brisgard, was placed on a continent with MORE than 80 players and do not show up on the rankings list is odd. As such, I'm wondering if this is how the servers deal with inactive players. So I'm asking people who don't show up on their rankings to say what group they're in. The points of the last 10 players is to moderate activity levels and see if these "overflow players" raise in the rankings.

DeletedUser1081

okay, i see now. i hope it's clear to the people you're addressing this to.
as i noted, in my group players 62-69 are new names today; 70-80 are familiar.

DeletedUser

Lol
yeah i should have a look at that too..
but it wonders me why the already full active continents have overflow players as our continent still has like 36 players with 0 points and not seem to get any new ones...

but then again.. this is still a Beta and well we should indeed post our ideas and bugs in the right forum and not just in here and ''complain'' about it :P ( I know we are only discussing it but if we want action then we should post it in the right topics XD )

DeletedUser1080

Do not get me wrong - I am not complaining at all. But you see time and again the bugs that are sent to the "will not fix" section that seem like genuine bugs or problems with the game that garnered not even a response as to why it was placed there, though it obviously had to be moved there by someone who was told it would not be fixed. Even at the height of complaints about its customer service, Riot managed to at least address pressing concerns.

What I'm trying to do is to figure out what is going on.

DeletedUser

lol
i didn't get you wrong .. i did not ment it as i putted it between " " and that's why i putted the line after it as it is discussing. :p
i know.. you could not know.

we are all trying to figure a lot out here :p

we are all new as is the game and as said.. lot's of bugs.. and yeah it seems they do not seem to care much about it.

DeletedUser1081

maybe keeping you invisible for a while is the game's version of "beginner protection"?

DeletedUser

i definitely feel that this is to weed out inactive players. im not exactly sure how many points i have, but #80 in my group is about 70k in iron age. still not a lot of trade though, just ridiculous offers for EMA and HMA goods for their bronze age goods

DeletedUser

and I say they're testing bigger continents. or they've reached their quota on new continents and have to put people SOMEWHERE :D

beginner's protection, you say? that would be awful silly to do it in such a way. to appear on the top 80 list those guys would have to get around 70k points now, and that number is growing together with the players in the group. all the players who started later could potentially stay beginners forever, if they are not able to catch up with the older villages.

and to see just how many people are out there, go to the bronze pvp tower and see how long the list is there. how many players are listed? and yeah, you can attack all of them.

the weeding out part also has no point, especially considering the fact that there are no players with 0 points. and really, it's totally bad idea to keep people in the dark about how well they're doing. I wouldn't want to play a game with a teaser of top 80 players and no way of knowing if I have the slightest chance to even appear on the points table.

DeletedUser1081

well, that's all totally different than in my group, where 60-80 all have zero points, 26-59 all have under 5000, and the PVP tower only lists about 12 players.

have you tried submitting a support ticket to ask why you aren't listed? that's what i'd do ...

DeletedUser

mink, my group is just like yours. sad, empty and poor. but the groups with 'overflow' of players are actually the big, thriving ones.

but yeah, it was reported as a bug, sadly it sits there for a few days now and no answer was given yet. so we're free to rave about it and speculate our asses off :D

DeletedUser

i think the best way to test your hypothesis Mr./Ms. Deianira, would be to ask the developers themselves? or can we? anyways as for me I'm in group 12 and I think you have already posted it in your first post :cool:

DeletedUser

ive been wondering if theres any way to know how many points i have if im not in the top 80...kind of irritating not knowing where i stand in the group. just checked the #80 player and they have 97k and i have at least twice as much supply production (i collect almost every 15 minutes) just by looking at their supply buildings, and i have about 100 more total population. i figure i must be close, just wish there was a way to know. im ranked 675th in the bronze tower though...

DeletedUser

. im ranked 675th in the bronze tower though...

??? are you serious ???

coz in my opinion that also means you got at least 676 opponents listed????

if so then imo that means your continent has at least that many "active" players

DeletedUser

not necessarily active, The Great Milenko (man, can I call you Milenko for short? :D ) - cause everyone can be attacked, and every attacked person shows up in pvp ranking. but yeah, it's still a HUGE and freakin' strange number of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.