• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Orichalcum needed in Guild Expedition

• Thread starter DeletedUser109697
  • Start date

DeletedUser109697

Hi Inno,

[Originally I send this to support and they kindly asked me to post my feedback here, so here is my feedback.]

I just advanced to Oceanic Future (yah!)
Suddenly at Guild Expedition level 4 I needed Orichalcum.
Now, for Orichalcum I need Deep Sea Exploration, this means there are more or less 14 tech's to be discovered.... what?!?

This is really crap, how can you immediately require a good only available in a later stage. (tech wise) ?!
You just made it impossible to finish GE and its feels like a punishment to advance to Oceanic Future
plus I can't support the guild in GE points as much as I did before advancing.

The alternative, use of diamonds, would mean a 'reward' to Inno for a what I think is a terrible gameplay GE choice/requirement.
I hope you can fix this premature Orichalcum requirement in GE.

Regards,
Remco

On a side note:
100 diamonds for 5 Orichalcum is way to expensive, but the game's diamonds pricing is food for another discussion.

Agent327

Overlord
This is really crap, how can you immediately require a good only available in a later stage. (tech wise) ?!

Same as you can face units you yourself do not have yet. Never noticed that before? It's how the game works. It happened to you when you entered A|rctic as well and now you start complaining????

You need to pick the moment you advance and then do a little catch up. It happens every time you go up in age!! Amazing you only notice it now.

DeletedUser

I had some prometium from the campaign map it doesn’t look like Orichalblah is given this way.

DeletedUser109697

Same as you can face units you yourself do not have yet. Never noticed that before? It's how the game works. It happened to you when you entered A|rctic as well and now you start complaining????

You need to pick the moment you advance and then do a little catch up. It happens every time you go up in age!! Amazing you only notice it now.

Oh well, negotiating goes a long way to avoid those units ones doesn't have yet. You knew that right.

But the "Do a little catch up" ?
Amazing how your mind 'works'.

Edit:
With the introduction of special good "Orichalcum" the trade option is gone
Meaning negotiation option in GE is gone.
For all other goods, I can trade for goods I am not able to produce (yet).
Same apparently applies for Prometium but at that time I wasn't doing GE and didn't notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Oh well, negotiating goes a long way to avoid those units ones doesn't have yet. You knew that right.

Negotiating with goods you do not have either? You knew that right.

But the "Do a little catch up" ?
Amazing how your mind 'works'.

Amazing you never noticed. The moment you move up you are always at a disadvantage.

Edit:
With the introduction of special good "Orichalcum" the trade option is gone
Meaning negotiation option in GE is gone.

It wasn't with Promethium?????

For all other goods, I can trade for goods I am not able to produce (yet).
Same apparently applies for Prometium but at that time I wasn't doing GE and didn't notice.

So who's problem is it you did not notice? Yours, or Inno's?

DeletedUser109697

If you have no arguments, have nothing but futile attempts to twist posts made by others or lack of will or patience to try and understand ... why reply ?
To obtain mega-Tsar status or so ?

I assume you are able to comprehend the difference in goods.
hint: Goods which can be traded and the ones who can't be traded.
Now, let that sink in,re-read and come back.

I have seen better trolls, have seen better informational and helpful replies.
Pick a side and go for it, make it count, make it amazing.

DeletedUser111359

There's always a chance that the orichalcum isn't actually wanted by one of the traders. There are more goods possible, than trading partners after all. Try a couple times, and sneak past without spending any.

Agent327

Overlord
I assume you are able to comprehend the difference in goods.
hint: Goods which can be traded and the ones who can't be traded.
Now, let that sink in,re-read and come back.

So?

It's the same for all players. It starts the moment you enter AF and happens to all players.
Your problem is you failed to see or deduct this, so now you are the first ever to complain about this.
Congratulations on that feat.

You are right. It is all Inno's fault. Nothing you can do about it.
They better change the game to suit you!

DeletedUser109697

There's always a chance that the orichalcum isn't actually wanted by one of the traders. There are more goods possible, than trading partners after all. Try a couple times, and sneak past without spending any.

Yeah, I got that back from the guild too.
But it still feels like wasting resources, resources I am not having in abundance.
So yeah, true, it seems to only way for now. Thanks.

DeletedUser109697

Your problem is that you would fail to see a fault, error or mistake when it kicks you in the nuts.
I could spend more time in you but you should have spend a little more effort in this as well.

I have seen better trolls, have seen better informational and helpful replies.
Pick a side and go for it, make it count, make it amazing.
After all, I didn't ask that much or did I ?
You failed.

Agent327

Overlord
Your problem is that you would fail to see a fault, error or mistake when it kicks you in the nuts.

Who didn't know Orichalcum was needed when he could have? Only mistake here was made by you, so you are the one that should have his nuts kicked.

I could spend more time in you

No thank you. I do not like people that can do nothing but complain, cause their way of playing caused them to hit a bump in the road.

you should have spend a little more effort in this as well.

Already spend to much.

You failed.

No I didn't. Complete level 4 of GE every week, but I do it fighting, so I never had your problem :P

DeletedUser

Go buy yourself some diamond for your orichalcum or something or give up altogether instead of projecting your frustration and lack of insight/ preparation in de game in venting on others.

DeletedUser109697

Go buy yourself some diamond for your orichalcum or something or give up altogether instead of projecting your frustration and lack of insight/ preparation in de game in venting on others.

Yes, I can use diamonds to buy the goods, but 100 diamonds for 5 of the needed goods (needed for each shot at a single attempt) ?
That isn't way overpriced, its ridiculously priced and not an option for me. I doubt many can pay that bill.

I think that asking in GE for a good which can't be traded or acquired in any way (other than diamonds) is wrong.
Comparisons to other goods are strange as their tech can be reached pretty quick (after entering a new age, the 1st 6 techs, clear and easy)
Comparisons to other goods are off as they can be traded.
Comparing it with facing new army units, again strange, you get them in truckloads while walking through GE levels

In short, Orichalcum, breaks the standard /expected behavior (in the same way as Prometium) by removing an option/choice in the
way a player can resolve GE tasks. It removes negotiation unless the player pay's or sits it out (2100+ FP's many goods).

I don't understand how this is a lack of insight or preparation, the game mechanic feels wrong on the "special goods & premature GE requirement".

Galladhorn

Monarch
Hi Inno,

[Originally I send this to support and they kindly asked me to post my feedback here, so here is my feedback.]

I just advanced to Oceanic Future (yah!)
Suddenly at Guild Expedition level 4 I needed Orichalcum.
Now, for Orichalcum I need Deep Sea Exploration, this means there are more or less 14 tech's to be discovered.... what?!?

You just made it impossible to finish GE and its feels like a punishment to advance to Oceanic Future
plus I can't support the guild in GE points as much as I did before advancing.

The alternative, use of diamonds, would mean a 'reward' to Inno for a what I think is a terrible gameplay GE choice/requirement.
I hope you can fix this premature Orichalcum requirement in GE.

Regards,
Remco

On a side note:
100 diamonds for 5 Orichalcum is way to expensive, but the game's diamonds pricing is food for another discussion.

Hi Romco

In my opinion you are right about it being a flaw in the realation between the Tech Trees and the GE.

I do not see it as a major flaw, but it is still a kind of Broken link between two parts of the game.
– It is not Major because GE level 4 is not for all to play and the base game can continue wihtout finishing GE level 4.
Thus the rewards can be equally very high (like e.g Diamond Wins) and last it is only to be so for a limited period of time if a player is active.

Both Harbours are first present in the middle of the Tech Tree and a Fix would be to move them to the very beginning of the Tech Tree. That way players would only be set back slightly for a few days perhaps – (To be expected at this level of the Game) But I guess they did not do that because there would be a counter productive intent about that, since the cost of sending the Ship or The Submarine each day is very high in current Era Goods.

Also there has never ever been any option to trade neither Promethium or Orichalcum, and what can be gained of either Good on the Continent Map is very limited if I recall correctly. Even if checking the Tech Tree in advance there would be no way of knowing that level 4 in GE requires the Special Goods, nor can I find any explanation or hint to this on official Sites. (There might be a hint out there somewhere, but you would have to know to look exactly for that specific subejct.) The only thing would be if the exact same thing was happening with Preomethium (But I can not remember if GE was released prior or after GE was implemented) – Then one could argue it would come as no surprise the second time - But two wrongs does not make one right. (Edited; On secondary thought - I think GE level 4 was introduced in a later update or? Anybody? )

Sorry Remco, but I do not think you can or should expect much from this – Orichhalcum and Promethium has been flawed from the very moment it was introduced – with the nearly only purpose of that time, to slow fast advancing players down, so that InnoGames would have some extra time to solve their Conceptual problems for creating the ever new "Futures" they were facing at that time. Neither Orichhalcum and Promethium has given any bennefits to players reaching this level what so ever - No Special GBs, no other advantages, untradeable end... – only a huge amount of extra Good cost for seeing a Ship or Submarine dissapear from the Habour. The harbour feature is one of the Major blunders of FoE development and properly why they would rather not discuss this subject at all and simply hope it disspears by it self over time, forgotten in Events and other new stuff.

In any case your point to the flaw between GE level 4 and Orichalcum is not wrong.

Only solution is to use Diamonds and as always we got to remind oruself that FoE is a completely free game and that it can be played wihtout using any money investment at all.

GH

Last edited:

DeletedUser109697

Sorry Remco, but I do not think you can or should expect much from this – Orichhalcum and Promethium has been flawed from the very moment it was introduced – with the only nearly purpose of that time to slow fast advancing players down, so that InnoGames would have some extra time to solve their Conceptual problems for creating the ever new "Futures" they were facing at that time. Neither Orichhalcum and Promethium has given any bennefits to players reaching this level what so ever - No Special GBs, no other advantages, untradeable end... – only a huge amount of extra Good cost for seeing a Ship or Submarine dissapear from the Habour. The harbour feature is one of the Major blunders of FoE development and properly why they would rather not discuss this subject at all and simply hope it disspears by it self over time, forgotten in Events and other new stuff.

In any case your point to the flaw between GE level 4 and Orichalcum is not wrong.
../
GH

Hi Galladhorn,

Thanks for the extensive reply with background and explanation, much appreciated.
All in all, I'll sit it out as there is no viable alternative.

Sorry to read the "I do not think you can or should expect much from this", it isn't actually an invitation to give feedback, not at all. I still hope Innogames does take players feedback into account (at times)

Anyway, thanks again.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Yea Remco, well InnoGames do what they do as a whole company – meaning looking at trends, marketing, new Markest etc. and offcourse ways to gain revenue from their IP´s. In this case the "Flaw" lands right in the place where their reasoning properly would be somehting like: Too much to Fix and if players can do Level 4 GE then they can also pay us a few Diamonds = So not a priority Fix.
– That is the main reason I say not to expect much to anything for this. But who knows they might one day.

Agent327

Overlord
After 4 posts and none of which actually addressed the topic?

First post already adressed the topic. As usual when a poster does not wants to accept his own shortcomings in the game the person replying has to be a troll. Nothing new there.

Ever noticed this?

Dear Kings and Queens!

We know that for some of the most dedicated explorers, the three difficulties that are currently available is just not enough. That's why we proudly present a new addition - the bonus 4th difficulty!

4thdificulty_promo_pic.png

It is a new expansion to the Guild Expeditions that is very hard, very demanding, very challenging and very rewarding.

That those Inno bully's do not let you finish it the moment you go up in age is really verry verry mean. You should take legal action!

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
The only thing would be if the exact same thing was happening with Preomethium (But I can not remember if GE was released prior or after GE was implemented) – Then one could argue it would come as no surprise the second time - But two wrongs does not make one right. (Edited; On secondary thought - I think GE level 4 was introduced in a later update or? Anybody? )

Ever heard of a search function

GE level 4

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions-4th-difficulty.33027/

Arctic Future Part 2 with the harbor

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/arctic-future-part-2.32253/

After that you could expect promethium to be a good that would be needed. Orichalcum is totally different offcourse.
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/arctic-future-part-2.32253/

DeletedUser100133

Hello

As you can see a few comments have been edited or deleted due to they are a breach of the rules, please can we stick to the rules and the topic of the thread and please be polite to each other.

Thank you