• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Orangery GB

• Thread starter DeletedUser101637
  • Start date

DeletedUser101637

not sure what other gamers think of this GB, I like the concept but do find that when fighting the critical hit mostly kicks in when the enemy troop is already over 50% damaged, so enemy troop would have been killed on next hit with or without critical hit. so currently its a waste of space unless you want the fp's,
would be better if critical hit worked on first time hits of enemy troop only imo

DeletedUser96901

but sometimes you need more than 2 shots

and if you only do it on the first hit you throw away all later hits

why should that be useful ?
(unless you suggest that the percentage will be doubled. but that is not in your posting)

and what if you kill a unit with 2 hits without critical
and the critical still lets 1 health remaining (2 hits are more than 1 hit +50%)
then even the critical hit on first is useless

or what is if first hit makes 4 and second is critical and makes 6 instead of 4:
then it would be still useful

DeletedUser108379

Since it is random if you get a critical hit, you would get less critical hits if that apply only to first time hits. So I am against it

(Btw I just had a critical hit - first hit - at a rail gun. Well the rail gun hat a few lives left and I did need two "normal" hits to kill it. With three hits I always kill a rail gun at that level of the GE. So even at a first hit it can be pretty useless.)

DeletedUser101637

in response to the above comments which are most welcome btw :)

as i use rail guns in attack 99% of the time and with a reasonably high attack bonus any enemy unit can be killed with 2 hits with or without critical hit. however if i could have a first time critical hit on an enemy rail gun (or any other unit) this would reduce that rail to 1 or 2 pips of life left. which then reduces that rails ability considerably when returning fire. i do like the new GB and its use but just think it needs tweaking a little.

as a side note i did a little HMA GvG yesterday and used 8 archers on manual. critical hit did occur a few times on first hit and this reduced my losses considerably compared to when it occurred on 2nd time hits.

DeletedUser103223

The tweek should be does critical hit if attacking same age or any troops above its age.