• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings One single GB adjustment thread

DeletedUser100832

Here are my suggestions

Observatory - NO CHANGE

Bronze Age

Zeus - NO CHANGE
Babel - NO CHANGE

Iron Age

Colloseum - IMPROVE. I would remove the medals and add a 1% boost to all event currencies (stars, eggs, wheel spins, cups, etc) per level up to level 10, diminishing gradually to 0.1% thereafter.
Lighthouse - IMPROVE. I would keep the boosts as they are but increase the number of collections by maybe 10%.

Early Middle Age

Aachen - NO CHANGE. I was tempted to slightly buff it at higher levels, but not worth the effort tbh.
Hagia - NO CHANGE.

High Middle Age

St Marks - NO CHANGE.
Notre-Dame - IMPROVE. Remove both boosts. Add an 'ultra-happiness' boost, boosting production when your happiness provided is more than 120% of your citizens.

e.g. you have 10000 citizens and 15000 happiness. So the 'extra' happiness is 3000. The 'extra production boost' would be a function of the 'extra happiness' and the ND level. E.g. for 3000 extra happiness at level 10 you get maybe 3% production boost. This would apply to all production not including FP.

Late Middle Age

Castel - NO CHANGE
St Basil - IMPROVE. Significantly buff the city def at lower levels. Something like

level 1 +20 att/def
level 2 +40 att/def
level 3 +50 att/def
level 4 +57 att/def

and diminishing thereafter. After level 10, extra levels would only add 1% at best.

Colonial Age

Deal Castle - IMPROVE - same as St Basil.
Dresden - NO CHANGE

Industrial

Capitol - IMPROVE. Remove the supply production and add an event currency boost like for Collo.
Royal Albert Hall - NERF. Slightly decrease the number of collections and the % boosts (maybe by 5-10%?)

Progressive

Alcatraz - IMPROVE. Give 4 units at level 1, +2 thereafter for levels 2-10, +1 for subsequent levels.
Frontenac - NERF. Allow just one loop quest of each type to be performed per day.

Modern

Atomium - IMPROVE. This GB is the poor relation of the Arc and Obs now. I would buff its goods contribution by 5-10% throughout.
Space Needle - IMPROVE. Remove happiness, add the same extra happiness production boost as ND.

Postmodern

Cape - NO CHANGE
Habitat - IMPROVE. Remove the coin production and boost the population it gives even further (by 25%?)

Contemporary

Lotus Temple - IMPROVE. Remove coin production, replace with refined goods production.
Inno - NO CHANGE

Tomorrow

Dynamic - IMPROVE. Remove supply production and give this GB an ability to prevent plunders. Perhaps one prevent-plunder at level 1, rising to 3-4 at level 10 and +1 every 10 levels after?
Voyager - IMPROVE. Allow the number of good-generating plunders to increase along with the amount goods they give. Maybe 3 at level 1-3, 4 at level 5-7, up to 6 by level 10 and then +1 for each 10 levels.

Future

Arc - NERF, by reworking GB rewards (I already mention this in another thread https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-system-of-gb-rewards.31356/).
Rainforest - IMPROVE, by boosting unrefined goods production.

DeletedUser97688

Lots of people have designed their cities with the current GB boosts playing a major role. To remove and change them like this would have a major, negative impact - imagine you were dependent on a high level capitol and notre dame for happiness, population, and supplies. You would take all that away?

DeletedUser15432

I was also around then and there was a very big hoo-ha on the forums with players being banned wholesale by the senior moderator of the time so I will give this multiple idea a score of -27 (that is -1 per individual section of the idea)

DeletedUser96901

in my not so advanced worlds I have 30 1-hour-houses and collect them 10 times daily
and because the St. Marcs isn't improved in the amount of collections I can't give it a +1

and secondly because of the thread starter still try to fool other with his Arc change being a nerf
but it is big exploit he would use

DeletedUser914

improve even more defense boost? nerve frontenac? no way.

By the way: ty for destroying the april fool joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109268

Medribradrion,

usually, I agree with your posts but not with this one. Boosting Basil and Deal Castle? it is already unbalanced on a high level... who's going to attack who after such a buff considering that who got those 2 GB leveled at max has also got 50 watchfires? Why do you thing Inno made watchfires more difficult to get? So -1

Alcatraz is just fine like this. I have lost count of units I have got in mine and we should get more units? so another -1

Why would you like to nerf Royal Albert and buff Lighthouse? The higher production of supplies of Albert makes perfectly sense considering the size and moreover, who cares about supplies? We all got millions without any change...I rather buff St. Mark since coins has got higher priority of concern compared supplies but, St. Mark no change? -1

so score is -3 for me this time, sorry mate

DeletedUser109032

Sorry but this looks like another 'the Arc is too powerfull' idea with some other bits thrown in. Got to be -1 from me

DeletedUser109385

I agree with this idea, several GBs need to be improved in my opinion however the only thing holding me back from supporting this idea is the high number of boosts from St Basil and Deal castle, I mean anyone can get to level 4 in a short amount of time and if they have both GBs they will already have their defense army boosted to over 100% pretty quickly, this will be a nightmare for those players who need to retaliate against their plunderers as they may not have the BPs to build St Basil or Deal themselves. The rest of the GBs I agree with improving them, for the Colosseum above level 10 diminishing to 0.1% is just do small, I would suggest doing it to 0.5%.