• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

One shot kill

There are certain units that will take only so much damage no matter how much boost you have. This comment is based on a post from a former moderator that stated this in the US forum so it is taken as fact.

My Current Attack boosts -- 1987/867
There are No one-shot kills no matter how low a boost the army has that I fight.

Last edited:

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
It is? Can you explain that, other than when you have a ridiculous amount that will be enough?
Not sure at which level should I do it, but lets try.
Damage range 10-10 is when you one shot 100%. That's what the question is about.
Damage range 9-10 can be an answer too as the question doesn't specify if required is ability or certainty.

I know for a fact that you can one shot artillery with a horse in middle ages at some reasonable attack, 600-ish or somewhere there. I just checked IA archer vs ballista (don't have other units to test), it's 10-10

ballista1010.png
Anyway both ranges should be possible vs all units, the question is to what limits should you go to have it. I imagine it's a very high number. No matter what it is, I believe the formula for range calculations is deterministic and random only applies to that range. I have no idea if the distribution is uniform, or even if it's a continuous function, gotta gather statistics to answer that and I don't care *that* much.

P.S. More practical quesiton is when you can one shot trebs with trebs, that changes the game in GBG low attrition farming.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Not sure at which level should I do it, but lets try.
Damage range 10-10 is when you one shot 100%. That's what the question is about.
Damage range 9-10 can be an answer too as the question doesn't specify if required is ability or certainty.

I know for a fact that you can one shot artillery with a horse in middle ages at some reasonable attack, 600-ish or somewhere there. I just checked IA archer vs ballista (don't have other units to test), it's 10-10

View attachment 23596
Anyway both ranges should be possible vs all units, the question is to what limits should you go to have it. I imagine it's a very high number. No matter what it is, I believe the formula for range calculations is deterministic and random only applies to that range. I have no idea if the distribution is uniform, or even if it's a continuous function, gotta gather statistics to answer that and I don't care *that* much.

P.S. More practical quesiton is when you can one shot trebs with trebs, that changes the game in GBG low attrition farming.

What about all bonusses the opponent can have? 600 ish sounds nice, but when you fail at an attempt, will it be 700 ish? 800 ish?

r21r

Major-General
750 doesn't do it for a fact. I'll check tomorrow with 950, but have a feeling it won't do, at least against knights.
around 750 was working for me, without AO.
don't take it for granded, it also depends on the above factor you said, "expected dmg" etc.
Since the amount required isn't a fixed number the only reasonable answer is: enough
enough for HMA could be too much for FE and too less for LMA.
there is some kind of formula that defines it, but hard to find it on this forum.
when i had Rail Guns vs Iron Troops on Battlegrounds, i had something like 700% attack. i could single shot the enemy troops till ~70 attrition, then i was taking hits back every now and then (you can check the unnoficial wiki for the % on 70 attrition and do some math on how the formula works +/-)

maybe it's 100:1 without terain or other boosts calculated, maybe less

r21r

Major-General
There are certain units that will take only so much damage no matter how much boost you have. This comment is based on a post from a former moderator that stated this in the US forum so it is taken as fact.

My Current Attack boosts -- 1987/867
There are No one-shot kills no matter how low a boost the army has that I fight.
why so "absolute" , it's wrong, rogues do single kill and many other troops aswell..
maybe the formyla is whatever and nobody can predict it, but "there are no one shots" is not true

why so "absolute" , it's wrong, rogues do single kill and many other troops aswell..
maybe the formyla is whatever and nobody can predict it, but "there are no one shots" is not true

Does not include rogues - crital hit, - kean eye. Pure battle boost does not do it. Oh wait - spear-chuckers are one-hit kills with enough boost - LOL

Find ANY same age troop you can kill with One-Hit - not including Unchanged Rogues. Then, tell us all.

Last edited:

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
What about all bonusses the opponent can have? 600 ish sounds nice, but when you fail at an attempt, will it be 700 ish? 800 ish?
A question needs to make sense to answer. 5 SC GBG farm and GvG happens at 0-10 def bonus. I'm pretty sure 0 bonus was implied, you should probably be sure too,

Knight of ICE

A question needs to make sense to answer.

This one doesn't

I'm pretty sure 0 bonus was implied, you should probably be sure too,

0 bonus is an illusion.

In order to come up with an answer you need to calculate the worst case scenario for every unit to come up with one number that will have a trebuchet one shot every other HMA unit. A number that will only apply in limited situations in the game.

Feel free to do the calculations if you want to. I will stick to my original answer.

Draqone

Corporal
For a guaranteed one shot kill on HMA units ( 10 - 10 damage) you need the following attack values:

Light unit - ~3500%
Heavy Unit - ~5500%
Fast Unit - ~3500%
Ranged Unit - ~2000%
Artillery unit - ~800%

For a chance at a 1-hit KO you need about half of the above values.