• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

One-person guilds

DeletedUser14782

Proposal: There should be a rule that any guild that is created and does not have anyone join over a period of time should be dissolved.
Have I Checked: Yes
Reason: I have noticed a large amount of one person guilds. One in particular was one with a guy who had a one person guild, and he had just a HMA town hall. These one-person guilds are clogging up the guild rankings.
Details: When a person creates a guild, there is a timer tab that shows them how much time is left to get their first joining member. Once their guild runs out, a notice will be sent to them saying "Your guild has been dissolved." The person would then click "OK", and their guild would be dissolved when they press "OK".
Visual Aids: None
Abuse Prevention: There would be one possible cheat, which would be to create a "dummy account" which would hold the guilds existence in place. This could be prevented by doing a "guild sweep" every little while, and see if one of the accounts has not been active since creating it. If so, then the guild would be dissolved.
Summary: Get rid of one-person guilds, and the active guilds will get a chance to see their REAL standings

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bit pointless if the guild is dissolved they can just make another one

DeletedUser

It sounds like a lot of added extra effort to not much gain. Most multiple-player guilds would be above single-player guilds in the rankings anyway, so they wouldn't be affected by the "problem" you describe.

Also I can see legitimate reasons for single-player guilds to exist. Perhaps they don't really want to be in a guild with other people, but want to stop getting randomly invited to other people's guilds. Perhaps they're trying to start up a guild and just having really bad luck inviting that first other person to join them.

DeletedUser

I have a one person guild on one world ranked 111 atm. Reason i made it was, i org intended to make a "hard core" forced p/m and trade guild, but decided against adding people because i was enjoying playing solo and have no interest now in joining another guild.

As stated it stops the random xxx has invited you to join the new guild of the day, and also stops most recruiters from messaging me, as its pointless if they do anyway, so saves them and me the trouble.

If this caused issues with server load ect i'd be for it. But as it stands im against.

DeletedUser7719

People still invite me to be in their guild, and I'm running the #1 guild in my world :p. I do see your point though, and I see the counter's point, so I'll remain undecided

DeletedUser6461

Here are some valid points already voiced against it, which seems to be rational.

Perhaps they're trying to start up a guild and just having really bad luck inviting that first other person to join them.
Imposing a period for dissolving the one-man guild seems to be a little merciless. Maybe some one needs more time (to prepare the guild material and invite) than others for get things right.

Bit pointless if the guild is dissolved they can just make another one

Seems to be a valid reason. Everyone has the right to make a guild and if one chooses to make a guild again after the first guild is dissolved, it would be just meaningless to dissolve his singleton guilds over and again :(

DeletedUser

-1 from me as that would prevent any more guilds being created as all guilds start with one member don't they? Perhaps if they were a single player guild and showed no growth for 2 weeks then I would support this idea but in the current format I can't see any merit to it.