• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

One-Off story skipping kit

DeletedUser15425

I know that the storyline quests are divided into skippable and non-skippable ones. But for someone like me who has for example ignored the storyline for a few ages (I didn't mean to develop those cities much then) and is now in CE with quests in CA, it would be awesome to get a one-off possibility to skip those old eras and move the storyline up to the beginning of my era. I still have a quest sitting there that asks me to recruit 3 CA troops, and my tech tree has been sitting on the step before TE for months... (won't go in just yet, trying to catch up on the map first).
is there any chance at all that this might happen?

also, didn't there use to be a search option for threads, so that I can see if this has been posted before? my guess is that someone might have asked this before but like I say, I can't figure out how to search

Agent327

Overlord
I know that the storyline quests are divided into skippable and non-skippable ones. But for someone like me who has for example ignored the storyline for a few ages (I didn't mean to develop those cities much then) and is now in CE with quests in CA, it would be awesome to get a one-off possibility to skip those old eras and move the storyline up to the beginning of my era. I still have a quest sitting there that asks me to recruit 3 CA troops, and my tech tree has been sitting on the step before TE for months... (won't go in just yet, trying to catch up on the map first).
is there any chance at all that this might happen?

Nothing prevents you from placing a CA troop building and finish that quest.

DeletedUser15425

lol, that's just ONE quest, don't be so literal. I'm talking many quests in many eras. there's no way I'm gonna be catching up on all that. yes, one thing prevents me. space is scarce and more important for current quests. what an unhelpful reply...

Shad23

Emperor
well managing your space is one of the big chalanges of this game and i think it's intentional so good luck getting this implemented i think you'll get a lot of -1 's for this i feel sorry for you

Agent327

Overlord
lol, that's just ONE quest, don't be so literal. I'm talking many quests in many eras. there's no way I'm gonna be catching up on all that. yes, one thing prevents me. space is scarce and more important for current quests. what an unhelpful reply...

So?

Every quest is still possible for you to do. It will cost you time and effort, but that's what it costs every player. Why should you get a free pass, just cause you were rushing the game?

DeletedUser96901

everybody has those problems

I had to put in some terrace farms back to my inventory to build some bootyards because the game forces the player in OF to do 10 times the daily production there

so you have to choices:
a) do what the quests forces you to do
b) don't do it

and looks like you already made your choice: b)

DeletedUser653

in VF and having to build blacksmiths to do 90 shortest productions, real pain and had to delete buildings to get them in.

So alas the problem you have is common but you maybe have a more extreme situation but my advice is get started and skip any you can