• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

One of Those Days...

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Tuesday afternoon, sitting around happily playing away my 14th Vikings Settlement & waiting out some productions, because well, it's 36 degrees of hot, sticky somehow summery-Death! outside...

15min away from collections;
Hmmmm... I think to myself, it's getting a bit overcast outside. Oh well, some thunderstorms were in the forecast, maybe the weatherman will be right for first time this century?!

10min away from collections;
Damn, it's getting dark - like pitch-black dark, maybe I should check the Weather Network website and see if any watches or warnings are being issued?

7min away from collections;
Okay, 'Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect for City of Burlington... *clicks up sat/radar map*...
Oooooooooh - that's red & purple heading strait at us, maybe we should re-think bbq'ing tonight?

30 seconds later;
ZAP! Good-bye power! Good-bye Internet!
Helloooooooo blinding rain, small hail and 90km/hr wind gusts!

6 hours later;
Yay our power's back on! *logs back into FoE*
Awe crap, what do you mean my two CG buildings got looted barely 15min *AFTER* the damn power went out?!

...CURSE YOU MOTHER NATURE!! DON'T YOU KNOW I *ALWAYS* COLLECT MY GAK ON TIME?!

So yeah, just thought some of you might find this as funny as I did. ;)
And yeah, the storm was pretty crazy... some areas of the city were still in the dark the next day. (downtown was a bloody warzone of downed trees & power lines :o )

Anyone else have any funny tales of karma kicking them in the pants?!