• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Oceanic Future - Part 5

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

This thread is for feedback and discussions around Oceanic Future Part 5! We hope you're all looking forward to it. Check out more details in this thread.

Thanks!

DeletedUser106696

Once upon a time new content was something to look forward to... new techs made you stronger and / or allowed you to do more.

Not so ever since we entered the great artic/oceanic stagnation - insane amounts of non tradable goods required to get new ... avatars :rolleyes:, and the umpteeth house and supply building that no one really needs. And as far as the oceanic terminal goes, this will actually get weaker with the extra research - 20 goods more to fill the extra slot and the well trained crew candidate getting diluted with even more useless newbies :(

Apart from the convenience of having the old "research a tech" quest auto-complete, is there any other reason to go through the motions of doing this? And how many more parts of Oceanic will be inflicted upon us... will we see some genuine new content (and finally GBs producing highly saleable FE goods...) before or after Oceanic part 27?

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
The upgrades to the terminal should have been a lot earlier in the era, if we ever move up the beach please consider this.

DeletedUser4453

Another era with 1 expansion and 4 avatars. I'm sick and tired of avatars which have no use. GIVE US MORE EXPANSIONS!!!!!!!
I totally agree.
Same with the events: not any more buildings to put in the overloaded space, but expansions!

DeletedUser111948

Is there any news on when and if we are going to get an actuall new era? I have to admit - I'm dragging my feet on research just to NOT get to OF - I like to build cities not rusty orange submarines... And it seams like this thing is endless...
Although - avatars are not tech... They really are not...

DeletedUser111948

Well sometimes there are some kind of "development plans" I was hoping I missed one...
Although - part 6 WHY? Looking at the tech tree OF already has more than enough tech, it has 7 military building... I thought this game was called "Forge of Empires" not "Submarine Adventure"... If we had to stay in one age could it not at least be something historical? Or at least a city of some description? :( I really dislike the idea of being stuck in OF of all things for years to come - everything I love about this game is missing in it...

DeletedUser103870

Unless I'm missing it, I guess we are still waiting for some way to switch Prom for Ori. Even if they continue to insist on not being able to trade it like everything else, we need something. Maybe a OF-era Great Building that starts with a high trade ratio (say 10 Prom to 1 Ori) that gets better as you level it or something (it wouldn't need to get better than 1:1). I have over 6000 Prom and less than 20 Ori when there is only a few bits of Research left that needs Prom, so it is mostly just sitting there.

DeletedUser100832

Once upon a time new content was something to look forward to... new techs made you stronger and / or allowed you to do more.

Not so ever since we entered the great artic/oceanic stagnation - insane amounts of non tradable goods required to get new ... avatars :rolleyes:, and the umpteeth house and supply building that no one really needs. And as far as the oceanic terminal goes, this will actually get weaker with the extra research - 20 goods more to fill the extra slot and the well trained crew candidate getting diluted with even more useless newbies :(

Apart from the convenience of having the old "research a tech" quest auto-complete, is there any other reason to go through the motions of doing this? And how many more parts of Oceanic will be inflicted upon us... will we see some genuine new content (and finally GBs producing highly saleable FE goods...) before or after Oceanic part 27?

I still haven't done the OF tech. You get lots of units from GE and nothing else is needed.