• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Oceanic Future - Part 3

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Please leave any questions or feedback relating to OF Part 3. The full announcement can be found here. I'll be updating the wiki too with all the details once I have the go ahead, so keep your eyes open for that too!

Thanks,

Richard

DeletedUser103223

Hmm where to begin,

How about 2nd OF GB, something useful so that the massive amount of goods that we have collected can be put to use in some fashion....the 1st OF gb was a pure piece of garbage which meant no one was building it so no one wants the new OF goods, which then just build up in your inventory.

DeletedUser4727

Hmm where to begin,

How about 2nd OF GB, something useful so that the massive amount of goods that we have collected can be put to use in some fashion....the 1st OF gb was a pure piece of garbage which meant no one was building it so no one wants the new OF goods, which then just build up in your inventory.
Sorry to hear that's how you feel about it all, I'll feedback your comments, though.

As promised, I've updated the Wiki to include all of the new content. Check out the changes here.

Most notably, check out the Manta unit with it's Poison ability. Just a note, the Poison only remains active for the wave of battle you're in.

DeletedUser103223

Sorry to hear that's how you feel about it all, I'll feedback your comments, though.

As promised, I've updated the Wiki to include all of the new content. Check out the changes here.

Most notably, check out the Manta unit with it's Poison ability. Just a note, the Poison only remains active for the wave of battle you're in.

Having a range of 9 with contact is useless against all but the CRAB's in the OF era. All the rest of the OF troops can just stand off and blast it without worrying about contact. Having poison that continues to hurt each round will have to be determined, but with such a short range again it will have to be in close and probably wont survive for long having to be that close..

DeletedUser

Manta looks terrible on beta

I guess the good news is GE will be easier without dragon drones on level 3 & 4

DeletedUser100832

Manta needed to be an effective counter to the eel, which is currently the strongest OF unit by far

at the moment, it just isn't. What's more, it is only effective against the only unit that has a chance against the eels.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Manta needed to be an effective counter to the eel, which is currently the strongest OF unit by far

at the moment, it just isn't. What's more, it is only effective against the only unit that has a chance against the eels.

I have to agree. The Manta is supposed to have bonuses against fast ( and heavy ) units, but it has a lower range than eels so the contact! skill doesn't come in to play. Mantas can't ignore stealth either so that makes them useless against one of their target units.

Cuthwolf

Captain
I'm disappointed at how weak the Manta unit is; I'm yet to see a battle that lasted long enough for Poison to kill anything. The one thing I like is the +7 attack from the barracks.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm disappointed at how weak the Manta unit is; I'm yet to see a battle that lasted long enough for Poison to kill anything. The one thing I like is the +7 attack from the barracks.

I've used the Manta in my battles today and they are pretty much useless. Like Cuthwolf I didn't see a single battle where the poison skill made any difference, and eels can stay out of contact range easily. As for the 7% boost, strike team centres from the Contemporary Era are more powerful per square ( 4% for 12 squares as opposed to 7% for 24 squares ). I'm going to scrap all my manta bays. Hopeless.

If you work on your military boosts, the new units become quite formidable - the problem comes in with so many people moving into the upper ages long before they should. The units in Arctic Future and up require lots of boosts (which most of us have by then) before they become useful.

DeletedUser

If you work on your military boosts, the new units become quite formidable - the problem comes in with so many people moving into the upper ages long before they should. The units in Arctic Future and up require lots of boosts (which most of us have by then) before they become useful.
I am finding mantas completely useless in GE. Even in fights where they directly counter all 16 units (and my boosts are higher) they still lose.

My boost is about 190/160.

I am finding mantas completely useless in GE. Even in fights where they directly counter all 16 units (and my boosts are higher) they still lose.

My boost is about 190/160.

Looks like I'll be in AF for quite some time yet - my boost - currently 187/136 - Is still not high enough - lol