• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Oceanic Future - Part 2

They screw you over for diamonds forcing you to buy it for each negotiation same as when you're in lower AF with prom I imagine.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything - If you don't do it; it won't cost. You would rather everything be free - sounds like hand-outs are more to your liking.

DeletedUser106696

All this sounds good all though a few weeks/months away for me. Might be the wrong place to ask this but why not also release more lower age content in the areas that are currently covered by cloud on the world maps? Eg at the end of CA etc

A cynic might say this is to force OF players to spend diamonds on scouting missions... I'd much rather do a CA-type scouting mission during a short quest line than waste 3 days waiting for my OF scout :P

DeletedUser11899

I'm pretty sure only OF players need orichalcum for negotiations.

No GB ??.... This era is seriously lacking in anything of any interest to us lower era players... so far.

Time ago Inno told us they didnt want to turn FoE into a sci-fi game but at the same time they allow us to build futuristic structures on a 10th century city and for me this is precisely the best example of a sci-fi game! LoL

Forwandert

Major-General
Nobody is forcing you to do anything - If you don't do it; it won't cost. You would rather everything be free - sounds like hand-outs are more to your liking.

I have no issues with the using prom for GE. However that's once you can produce prom which is halfway down the era. My point is until you get halfway down the era the only way to complete level 4 is to spend diamonds. There is no other option to complete GE whereas all previous eras and AF etc after you can send your ship out it is free. So yes you are penalised for reaching a new era in GE until you can sail/mine which makes no sense and I stopped completing GE LVL 4 when i moved up an era.

Absolutely no idea what your talking about with handouts as I haven't asked for anything to be handed merely pointed out AF and OF aren't level playing fields with every other era.

DeletedUser96901

orichalcum is only needed in OF (obviously: don't let bad wording in the announcement fool you)

and you can still negotiate GE until the end without it (in OF)

how do you ask no ?
with luck ;)

one of at least 10 things you can offer is this new orichalcum
(it is not needed in the easier ones where you choose between less things)
so with 59% it is not needed in one negotiation where you can offer it

so if it is running really bad you need twice the attempts to negotiate
but you can reach the end without it

DeletedUser98451

Very disappointed with OF2, it definitely looks like the devs have run out of ideas... another special good to simply slow us down, a tech that gives avatars and almost 4 days to scout a sector. It should certainly help with the all too frequent events because if the quests are unchanged there probably wont be enough to complete them without using diamonds

DeletedUser11899

Very disappointed with OF2, it definitely looks like the devs have run out of ideas... another special good to simply slow us down, a tech that gives avatars and almost 4 days to scout a sector. It should certainly help with the all too frequent events because if the quests are unchanged there probably wont be enough to complete them without using diamonds

Feel the same.
Be prepared for more new historical questlines to come :lol: even though not all is lost so on beta the're making some changes based on players feedback (unbelievable but true) adding an alternative on some quests like 'scout a province or solve 12 GE encounters' or 'research or donate 350 goods to the treasury'

DeletedUser12153

So few new techs to research and what's even worse is 2 of those techs are completely useless but impossible to skip nice way to make us waste resources

DeletedUser106696

I find it deeply depressing that after all this time the devs can only come up with a bunch of avatars as "techs" to waste resources on.
Once upon a time new techs actually made you more powerful - these days I cannot see any incentive to progress.

And that 2nd harbour also seems to be an exact copy and paste of the first one. Shame to see a once great game being neglected so badly by the devs.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Here's one. If the Turturret can't attack units with the Flying ability then why are my Flying units taking adjacent damage when the Turturrets are hitting my rogues?

Prrr

Private
Enemy turturrets hit all my units in round 1 (after they have transformed from rogues), no matter if they were flying or stealth.
I thought it's a bug so I sent a ticket. The answer was that: "they can not attack your troops direct if they are flying on in stealth, however if they are within 2 hexes of the attack they will take damage"!

After a 2nd thought, I may see logic in hitting indirectly a stealth unit since it's already there (although I think that a similar unit, Missile Artillery, cannot do that) but FLYING UNITS??!!

I can see no logic in artillery attacking flying units indirectly while they can't do it directly!!

Sovereign, can you give us a help?

DeletedUser100065

the turtles mortar ability does indeed hit all units and it is intended. Admittedly it doesn't make logical sense but then neither does designing an artillery piece that looks like a turtle. maybe it's a shockwave but it's supposed to happen I asked yesterday :D

DeletedUser11899

Mortar ability is a kind of collateral damage like a shrapnel effect
The units surrounding the main target maybe are stealth or flying, yes, but they are not immaterial. It makes sense to me

Prrr

Private
It doesn't make sense to me. Artillery is not supposed to hit flying units - that's why turturrets can't hit a flying unit directly.
But if they want us to stop using rogues in fights (if 3 or more turturrets involved) that's an interesting development ...

DeletedUser5180

Mortar ability is a kind of collateral damage like a shrapnel effect
The units surrounding the main target maybe are stealth or flying, yes, but they are not immaterial. It makes sense to me
This is how I understand the workings of it

DeletedUser2991

orichalcum is only needed in OF (obviously: don't let bad wording in the announcement fool you)

and you can still negotiate GE until the end without it (in OF)
For the first time ever I tried hard to finish level 4 to help my guild. Why is the above "problem" not yet solved. Why not adding orichalcum after a player has unlocked the new harbour!

DeletedUser110179

For the first time ever I tried hard to finish level 4 to help my guild. Why is the above "problem" not yet solved. Why not adding orichalcum after a player has unlocked the new harbour!
They do it specially so that real veterans come onto the forum to speak out.

DeletedUser96901

I can :lol:
maybe you can't

simply negotiate long enough

because even if you can offer it it isn't be in the solution if you try often enough :lol:

At this moment. You will need it in the next era as well
at the moment I don't care what is in 2019 :rolleyes: