• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Oceanic Future - Part 1

DeletedUser4727

Hello all,

This thread is for discussing the Oceanic Future Part 1. You can find the full post here. Your feedback is invaluable as always, so please let us know what you think.

Thanks
Richard

DeletedUser108959

15 recurring quests?
Does this mean I need to click away 14 quests every time to get the right one??
A bit overkill, isn't it?
Will there be unnecessary double ones, like 'spend 99 forge points' and 'spend 200 forge points'?

LadyHecate

Major-General
15 recurring quests?
A bit overkill, isn't it?
Will there be unnecessary double ones, like 'spend 99 forge points' and 'spend 200 forge points'?
1. Gather 1,500,000 supplies
2. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
3. Spend 139 fp
4. Gain 16,000 happiness
5. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
6. Gather 1,000,000 coins
7. Have 4 eels, have 4 CRABS
8. Have 20,000 population available
9. Pay 500,000 coins, pay 500,000 supplies
10. Research 2 technologies
11. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times
12. Have less than 42 population available
13. Buy 5 forge points
Not sure which two I'm missing but not all recurring quests will be available to players at the same time; e.g. #8 will only be available to those with low population and conversely #12 to those with high population. Similarly, I believe that you must have 2 or less eels and crabs to get #7.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
15 recurring quests?

It's not just clicking away the quests that's the problem - you have to confirm it every time too.

Things like this are making the game a chore to do now. Sometimes I skip logging in to collect my goods etc simply because I know it will take half an hour to complete. It just feels like work instead of fun.

DeletedUser103223

there is a triple:
produce 6 times 24 hours in production buildings

unbelievable: three times that quest

And it looks like from the list below we lose the spend X amount of FP's a 2nd time. AA its spend 100, 200 fp's. So when donating to GB.s you can get 3 recurring quests per 200 fps. Probably just gonna stay in AA and skip oceanic.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The quest I really don't get is gain 16,000 happiness. Surely no one will be doing that one more than once or twice per age.

DeletedUser108959

It's not just clicking away the quests that's the problem - you have to confirm it every time too.

Things like this are making the game a chore to do now. Sometimes I skip logging in to collect my goods etc simply because I know it will take half an hour to complete. It just feels like work instead of fun.

Doesn't feel right to "like" this one... FoE has really become a chore, and I (along with several very advanced players) are losing interest in the game because of that. The past month, 3 advanced players in my guild stopped playing because the fun aspect has gone...

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Doesn't feel right to "like" this one...
Don't worry about not "liking" my post; I'll "like" yours instead! Lol.

I have cities in every world, but I only log in to most of them once a week to keep them alive. It's way too much effort to run them all now, and the situation is made worse with each new era released (and way too many historical quests!).

DeletedUser11899

We are also introducing three military units instead of two, in order to have the standard rock-paper-scissors setup work right from the beginning.

alright, lets see (info just taken today from my beta unattached):

Sub Cruiser :
Ranged unit, bonus against: Artillery and Light

Hydroelectric Eel:
Fast unit, bonus against: Artillery and Ranged

CRAB Mech (known as CRAP on beta):
Heavy unit, bonus against; Light and Ranged

rock-paper-scissors ...you sure? :lol::lol:

DeletedUser100065

Sub Cruiser :
Ranged unit, bonus against: Artillery and Light

Hydroelectric Eel:
Fast unit, bonus against: Artillery and Ranged

CRAB Mech (known as CRAP on beta):
Heavy unit, bonus against; Light and Ranged

rock-paper-scissors ...you sure? :lol::lol:
Don't worry when someone does the math the units will get nerfed :D

DeletedUser103223

From the list above isn't quest 12. Have less than 42 population available a very exploitable quest? A hut gives you 14 population and 5 secs to build. Drop your population so that a hut gives you more than 42 and complete quest rebuild house cycle thru to same quest again and delete house completing quest...rinse and repeat until you are exhausted and bored.

DeletedUser96901

From the list above isn't quest 12. Have less than 42 population available a very exploitable quest? A hut gives you 14 population and 5 secs to build. Drop your population so that a hut gives you more than 42 and complete quest rebuild house cycle thru to same quest again and delete house completing quest...rinse and repeat until you are exhausted and bored.
not when you only get it when you have over 10000 population :lol:

because some quests have conditions and you won't get them always:
like the have 4 unit a and 4 unit b (3 quests of them): you will only get them if you have 2 or less from both

btw missing in the list above
14. Have 4 eels, have 4 Sub Cruiser
15. Have 4 CRAB, have 4 Sub Cruiser

DeletedUser103223

hmm looks like no reason to move into the new era then. If we lose the 2nd spend X amount of FP's i'll just stay in the AA. Im not in need of any premium buildings of any kind so its probably better to just avoid oceanic.

DeletedUser11899

hmm looks like no reason to move into the new era then. If we lose the 2nd spend X amount of FP's i'll just stay in the AA. Im not in need of any premium buildings of any kind so its probably better to just avoid oceanic.

well, imo the new available expansions and the upgrading of your Speakers corner giving +1% attack make it worth it
In my case maybe I would get stuck for a while for other reasons but not to keep doing recurring quests at this game stage, I actually hate this game feature since they introduced more and more recurring quests without improving a simple line of code of this awful and outdated game mechanics.
They preferred to waste their time, efforts and resources for giving us such useless boost overview instead

DeletedUser103223

What are the Guild goods in the new age going to be used for? Are they being ignored like the AA goods?