• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Observatory goods

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: Have the Observatory give goods from the previous age.

I don't recall seeing anything suggesting this.

Reason: With just the Arc, never mind the Atomium, current era goods to the guild treasury are going to be high enough for one person to cover several others, at the same time a guild needs goods from your current era and your previous for guild expedition, so one of the guild goods great buildings giving previous age goods would be very helpful.

Details: Have the Observatory give iron age goods until high middle or above, where it then gives goods from your previous age.

No visuals

Can't see any balance issues from this

No possible abuse, as the only time it would not give previous age goods is when the player is at iron age, in which it would function as it does now.

As stated in the reason, I felt the observatory would be better utilized covering the previous age demands on a player for guild expedition, as current era is already adequately covered.

DeletedUser111848

that would make sense but in higher ages like OF i might want OF goods not AF

DeletedUser110195

The guild goods GBs donate directly to the treasury, you never have them in your own inventory, and if there's one thing people at the end game have been complaining about since before I started playing, it's that they have too many end age goods and nothing to use them on. There is no OF or AF GvG zone, so the only thing a guild needs those for is guild expedition, which needs goods from each guild member's current age and their previous age. By the time you're at OF, I hope you have an Arc. ;)

DeletedUser

The guild goods GBs donate directly to the treasury, you never have them in your own inventory, and if there's one thing people at the end game have been complaining about since before I started playing, it's that they have too many end age goods and nothing to use them on. There is no OF or AF GvG zone, so the only thing a guild needs those for is guild expedition, which needs goods from each guild member's current age and their previous age. By the time you're at OF, I hope you have an Arc. ;)
Wait, if people at end-game stages have too many goods of their own age to spend, wouldn't it make more sense that it were one of the later GBs that gave goods from the previous era, rather than the Observatory?

DeletedUser110195

Wait, if people at end-game stages have too many goods of their own age to spend, wouldn't it make more sense that it were one of the later GBs that gave goods from the previous era, rather than the Observatory?
Guild goods, not personal. Personal goods are chewed up quite vigorously making the special goods of AF and OF, and I suggested the observatory for this on account of it being the lowest producer of guild goods and because a guild needs less for the previous age requirement to unlock level 2 than current for either level 3 or 4.

DeletedUser

Guild goods, not personal. Personal goods are chewed up quite vigorously making the special goods of AF and OF, and I suggested the observatory for this on account of it being the lowest producer of guild goods and because a guild needs less for the previous age requirement to unlock level 2 than current for either level 3 or 4.
I see what you mean. But then, people from lower eras would have little use for the Observatoy (I can pay off what my guild uses to open L2 for me with less than one day's produce of one goods building), and have to hunt to Arc and such stuff to get that benefit. I personally think that it would be better if one out of every seven goods that the Arc gives were from the previous era.

DeletedUser110117

-1 It's kinda dumb as you can always trade down goods that you produce if any and then donate those to your treasury to help you gain ranking points.

Agent327

Overlord

With everybody pushing the Arc sky high and even starting players having an Arc in no time there is no challenge at all in getting goods for your guild in the current era. Let it at least be a challenge to get goods from previous era's.

DeletedUser109228

My personal thought,
is about plunder goods and leaque plunder goods tower,interesting to see in play.
Providing each plunder attacker exotic goods of new kind
for plundered defences,even better.Positive things,not be seem aggressive a lot of play.
Thanks.

DeletedUser115071

GvG maps and GE will be devalued a lot if that change is made.
You want players stuck or be in some era for longer time so they understand how important the arc and obs are towards their treasury, if you have an Arc giving current era goods and an Obs giving previous era goods then you will always be able to unlock GE with no problems till 4 even at levels 3 both of them... And GvG is gonna be just a mess.

DeletedUser113901

-1 have you tought about new worlds/servers where obs is the only guild GB?

Emberguard

Legend
High middle or above give iron age goods???? And then only one age below? You'd have to make it EMA or above. Otherwise no guild could ever receive EMA goods from a GB

DeletedUser111359

That's a terrible idea for newer worlds/guilds/players. There's only a handful of Arc's on En15, and having a high Obs is the only thing making it affordable for the guild I run unlock GE4 every week. If it was producing older goods, I'd have to be donating a significant amount of my production to the guild, just to get GE unlocked.