• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Obelisks reset BP timer to zero when Aided ??

DeletedUser98799

This message has been passed around my guild now on a few occasions and it's new to my ears if someone could please clear this up for me and explain if it's legit or spam that would be awesome.

Please remove obelilsks. If someone polishes one when they hit "aid" it will reset their BP timer to Zero and they will start from scratch accumulating mot/pols to hopefully get a BP. Replace with trees at least because they are cheap and safe or with bronze age decorations. Visitors cannot have a chance at a BP unless the item mot/polled is at least bronze age. TY

Correction to the above:

I found out in another city that it is not only obelisks that reset the counter for BP's but ANY STONE AGE deco or building. Please replace all stone age items with at least bronze age as soon as you are able. The person who improved my understanding of this had it on the authority of the game designer with whom he spoke.

DeletedUser96901

how it is possible to find out that a counter is reset when BP are gained randomly :confused:
ok if you polish an obelisk you sure get no BP. but why should that influence the next action in another city ?

that is like the roulette players:
if you had 10 times red in a row the chances of getting black is much higher in the next round

DeletedUser15432

This is also news to me, if you believe this to be so, to get clarification, please raise a ticket asking the question post the answer on this thread

DeletedUser99588

so you believe this to be a load of rubbish then Ament ?

Provide some evidence to prove it as to me it seems like someone was trying to get everyone to remove decorations from their cities that don't provide bp's under the ruse you will reset your bp counter.

Does anyone actually know how the bp award algorithm works? It seems to me that it isn't just random but has a number of elements to it.

DeletedUser96901

his evidence is simple:
he polished an obelisk
and after that he needed more aid to get the next BP

and that is his prove that something must be wrong with the randomness (which is between 0 and 2%)
so he found out that there must be a counter that is reset when polishing an obelisk

it is the same as if you throw a dice:
and if you got a 6 three times in a row that dice is rigged

so you believe this to be a load of rubbish then Ament ?
yes: a very big load

I found out in another city
it is impossible to find something out about randomness below 2% with a few tries
or do you have a qualified sample size of 10.000 or more :confused:

Please replace all stone age items with at least bronze age as soon as you are able.
and even if there would be something wrong:
why deleting those buildings ?

the correct request for bugs is to fix them
not that other players rebuild their city to avoid them :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: