• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

number of players shrinking

DeletedUser97460

hi there
the numbers of players in this world has been gradually shrinking over the past week or so - is there a merge expected anytime soon?
thanks
neile

Amy Steele

General
Hi neile - it is usual for the number of players in a new neighbourhood to shrink rapidly at first as many players start up an account, are put in a neighbourhood with other players who started at the same time but do not then go on to play the game for any length of time. I'm guessing that is the kind of neighbourhood you are in.

While merges usually take place every 2 weeks, there will not be any merge while the summer event is on see the announcement here (click).

This is due to the drain the Summer Event puts on the server, as explained here

DeletedUser

How quickly do you remove players? This is all a bit boring as the numbers dwindle. Impossible to get any traction in PvP or make progress on GB P/M

DeletedUser7719

Removing players won't matter as much in the new neighborhood merge since pieces of a neighborhoods are the ones that are going to be traded around. Again, you will not see any sort of merge during the Summer Event.
(Btw, a player is removed, or rather hidden, from the hood when they haven't touched their city for around 5 consecutive days)

DeletedUser

Thanks for reply. It is a bit frustrating as the neighbourhood was 25 when I joined and is down to 14 including me. A friend of mine had a similar starting point but is down to 10. Can't get any decent battles or P/M going so no GB for years to come ...

Amy Steele

General
Can't get any decent battles or P/M going so no GB for years to come ...
Once the Summer Event ends (on Wednesday September 4th) we should be back to fortnightly merges, so hopefully by the middle of September you should have many more neighbours and thus many more battles, p/m and chances to pick up those Blueprints.

DeletedUser

Miles better now that the neighbourhood has some neighbours! Lots more battles or P/M opportunities

DeletedUser7990

Maybe if players stopped plundering so much, people would be more inclined to put troops out, instead of just having one unit out.

DeletedUser99720

If you want to try frustrating, I am in Early Middle Ages. Everyone else in my neighbourhood is in the Progressive Era. My archers are having difficulty doing damage to their tanks.

DeletedUser

Hi Zalp66,
This unfortunately happens some of the time, hopefully on the next merge this will be fixed and you will be placed in an appropriate neighborhood.
Singy

DeletedUser107426

If you want to try frustrating, I am in Early Middle Ages. Everyone else in my neighbourhood is in the Progressive Era. My archers are having difficulty doing damage to their tanks.

This is exactly my problem, I have been in this neighbourhood for about 8 weeks and am now getting to the point of sabotaging my town (removing the road to town hall) and stop playing until I'm in a more balanced neghbourhood. :(