• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not able to access chat

DeletedUser107528

• World:Odrovar
  • Browser and Version: Google chrome
  • Overview of the bug: Not able to access chat
  • Screenshots: None
  • How often this occurs: last 3 days
  • Urgency: Urgent
  • Preventative Actions: ?
  • Summary:?
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
I have looked for a solution, but with no answer.

DeletedUser107714

I'm on Google Chrome "windows 8 mode" ( see other biug - https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?30129-Cant-log-in-only-loads-to-84 )

I CAN access chat - however it frequently disconnects (but the main game is still running).. The problem is i only know its disconnectd if i try to type something into chat)....

NEEDS an indicator - refreshes every 2 minutes or 1 minute, to show you are connected - & tries to reconnect if not connected)

MY INFO:

1.65.ed7796c (26.11.2015 12:00), Gordykins (3257967), en13, en_US, WIN 19,0,0,245, Windows 8.1, Chrome/46.0.2490.86, 1233x632, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser107714

is this a problem being looked at ? Or are only a few people reporting this ?

DeletedUser16026

We have not been able to reproduce this. Reports come in every once in a while but it seems to be random and we cannot locate the problem.

DeletedUser99363

let me re-phrase my comments since its been edited, no body bothers reporting these things as the answer given is well know by most users

DeletedUser

1.66.10f8739 (15.12.2015 10:50)
Lord Smeg (420926)
en4
en_US
WIN 20,0,0,267
Windows 7
Firefox/40.1.0
1217x764
DirectX9 (336 MB VRAM)

Same as per 2 mins past every hour sometimes it lasts a little longer