• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Noob Question: Unlocking PvP

DeletedUser

Unlocking Military Tactics allows the player to unlock PvP.

Is this automatic?

That is does unlocking Military Tactics unlock PvP, or does the player, having unlocked Military Tactics, then have to unlock PvP?

I ask because I would rather not unlock PvP, but, obviously, do need to unlock Military Tactics so that I can continue on with research of the Tech Tree.

DeletedUser

PvP will be reachable as soon as you have played the corresponding province free.
Huge pro is you can slowly maintain your Tavern and also join the GE you can’t attack neighbors though and they can’t attack you.

Basically you gain yourself a free of charge protection for your city which can normally obtained via the tavern: the city shield :)

I think it can be a clever decision to first develop your tavern before unlocking militairy tactics :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112745

Once you unlock military tactics PVP will be unlocked too
^ That.
Completing the research will instantly unlock PvP battles for you, including allowing you to be attacked by others who have completed the research too.

To participate in PvP tournaments (weekly opportunities to win medals. Useful for land expansions), you’ll also need to acquire the PvP tower from the continent map.