• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Noob needs some a sweet please

DeletedUser118078

Hi all, I have a few questions that are probably simple for experienced players to answer but are driving me round the bend !!
First. I have been playing for a few days now so qualify for the new weeks PvP tournament starting today. The thing is I can't seem to find how to begin a battle. Who do I fight against? How do I select them for a battle? I've got my bronze tower and my iron tower, when I click on either and select PvP tournament all the battle buttons against the ranked players are greyed out. If someone could give me a precise path to take from zero I'd be really grateful. I really like this game and want to progress. I have created a guild and have two members.

Next question, how do I battle against my neighbours? Again i can't find anything to indicate how to do it.

Next, how do I add forge points to friends great buildings, I have the points but nothing is active on anyone's great buildings to allow me to do it. I have noticed at the top of the dialogs it shows how many forge points i have available and just to the right of it is another symbol and mine show zero next to it, what is that? Maybe that's why I can't donate forge points.

Ok, I think that's all I need to know for now, I hope some kind person will help me out kissy kissy

Leigh Skye xx

joesoap

Major-General
to be able to fight against neighbours & take part in pvp you need to research the iron age military tactics tec
to be able to contribute to gbs you need to research & unlock the iron age architecture tec

DeletedUser118078

Thank you !!! I'm currently just starting to research iron age, I've just completed all the bronze research. My town is still in bronze age too, will that automatically change to iron age as I start to research or is there something else I need to do.

Thanks so much for your help, I've asked a lot o of people those questions by PM and no one has mentioned the researching ... You are a STAR !

joesoap

Major-General
your town will automatically change to iron age as soon as you complete & unlock your 1st iron age tec...when you do, sit back & enjoy the fireworks

joesoap

Major-General
i would suggest that as you are a new player you should find either a good guild that will be able to answer all your questions or an older player that can do the same

Emberguard

Legend
First. I have been playing for a few days now so qualify for the new weeks PvP tournament starting today. The thing is I can't seem to find how to begin a battle. Who do I fight against? How do I select them for a battle? I've got my bronze tower and my iron tower, when I click on either and select PvP tournament all the battle buttons against the ranked players are greyed out. If someone could give me a precise path to take from zero I'd be really grateful. I really like this game and want to progress. I have created a guild and have two members.

Any battle you participate in (and win) will count towards the tower corresponding to the highest age unit you used in that fight. This includes fights from:
- Continent map
- Guild V Guild (desktop only)
- Guild Expedition
- PvP (neighbourhood fights - research military tactics)

DeletedUser118078

i would suggest that as you are a new player you should find either a good guild that will be able to answer all your questions or an older player that can do the same
Thanks joesoap, I appreciate your help. I created my own guild and have been asking questions of more experienced players but none of them gave me the tips about researching the right areas like you did. Your info has answered all my queries, thanks so much ! Leigh x

DeletedUser118078

Any battle you participate in (and win) will count towards the tower corresponding to the highest age unit you used in that fight. This includes fights from:
- Continent map
- Guild V Guild (desktop only)
- Guild Expedition
- PvP (neighbourhood fights - research military tactics)

Thanks Emberguard. I had seen this info in the wiki but to be honest the last line didn't sink in and of course that was the most important bit as far as my questions were concerned! Which was what did I have to do to be able to start a PvP battle, all my buttons were greyed out but if course now I know why
Thanks again, appreciate the help
Leigh x

DeletedUser108359

I would suggest having a look here as well
https://support.innogames.com/kb/ForgeOfEmpires/en_US this might answer a few other questions which you might have.
Creating your own guild is fine, but it will slow your progress down.
Finding an established guild will help you get blue prints for great buildings, help with acquiring goods for quests etc ( many good guilds will have members who will do unfair trades to help you get what you need )
If you are going to stay with your own guild then you might find it helpful to ask around your hood and find a few friends who will do the same.
either way, good luck and happy sailing

While a guild is good for answering questions from new players the whole point of this section of the forum is for people to pop in and ask questions like this and get answers from the experienced players here.

@Leigh Skye please continue to ask anything on here :)