• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: No update for app

• World: n/a
  • Browser and Version: App on iOs, on iPad Pro.
  • Overview of the bug: I have just had a message on screen telling me that the app is outdated and needs to be updated (presumably this is the new Quest Overview). The message had a button to take me to the app store.
    The app store is not the usual place for updates. It does not offer an update option.
    In Settings, under Forge of Empires there was no update option. Nor was there an option to update under Settings/General/Software Update. Any of these places would be 'usual', especially the last one.
  • How often this occurs: I had to do an 'update' a few weeks ago and hit this same problem.
  • Urgency: Major. iOS has standardised software upgrade mechanisms that commence downloading in the background and therefore only need a fairly brief period while the new software is installed. iOS is based around a user not having to bother about software, upgrades, folders, or any of the stuff that has to become common knowldege for a PC user. Some users will be savvy enough to do what I am doing - deleting the app and downloading the game almost as though I have never played it before. Some will just wait until they are told the update is ready (and wait, and wait..) and some will just give up because - as strange as it might seem to a software technician - they don't know how to overcome the problem and don't want the hassle.
  • Preventative Actions: Stop playing Forge of Empires?
  • Summary: App needs to use the regular software upgrade route on iOS (I don't know about Android).
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: N/a

DeletedUser111532

Got the same message on iOS, however there actually WAS an update in the AppStore -- maybe it hasn't reached your region yet? (I'm in Greece). After that update, there was an additional ingame update.

DeletedUser104881

Thanks for reporting, can you confirm if you are still experiencing the issue?

That's hard to say. I updated that time by deleting the app and downloading a fresh copy. Has there been an update since? If so, it updated without me even knowing, which is what I am used to.

DeletedUser104881

Reinstalling the App should have fixed the issue. There have been a few updates recently, the most recent App version is 1.110.3 but not all App stores have yet released this version.

Reinstalling the App should have fixed the issue. There have been a few updates recently, the most recent App version is 1.110.3 but not all App stores have yet released this version.
I'm still on 1.109.something
The only screen I've seen the version number goes by a bit fast. It would help if it was on the login screen, and/or the support page.

My app store has version 1.110.2 and dated 21 Sep 2017. I have had no prompt to update it and it clearly has not done so in the background (my iPad has been on 24 hrs a day, plugged into mains power for several hours at a time).

App Store now has 1.110.3, dated 23 Sep 2017

My version is still on 1.109.2

Do I have to delete Forge of Empires and start all over again with the software?

DeletedUser104881

Usually you should be able to download the updates without needing to delete the game.

I was offered an update option earlier today and updated the game without any further difficulty. Well, other than the amount of Diamonds I had initially showing as a negative value in beta:
IMG_1164.jpg

This was confirmed as negative when I tried to delete a building. However, I logged out & back in and all was well.
IMG_1165.jpg

I logged into beta first, before logging into a live server. I had no negative-Diamond issue with live worlds.