• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

No more Story Quests

DeletedUser116495

I'm in the Contemperary Era, but I have been completing Tomorrow Era story quests as I conquered the TE map.

Now though the story quests have stopped. All I get is recurring quests. I've conquered three TE provinces and no change.

What do I need to do to get story quests back?

Agent327

Overlord

Emberguard

Legend
@Rastanssaga
Your solution is to go through the fan wiki and see what you're missing - or take Agents advice from before and go through the map and tech tree. I can make no guarantees as to the fan wiki's accuracy, but it might help you figure out what trigger you're missing.

No one has absolute knowledge in regards to the triggers of quests. We can only guess based on what has been observed as to probably triggers and conditions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116495

You already got that.

No, you just said to advance the map or tech tree. I'd appreciate details. Getting OF troops in CE is tricky. I need to use advances carefully, not blindly.

I appreciate the help from both of you. If there are no specifics, so be it, but I'm surprised given how detailed the forum is usually. Thank you anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Unfortunately things to do with order of quests are one of the hardest things to get specifics for due to their nature of having hidden conditions. There's areas where specifics can be reasonably discussed, but the further along you go in age the less info (outside of going to a wiki) there'd be for quests due to needing enough players sufficiently advanced to give input in that age

Agent327

Overlord
Unfortunately things to do with order of quests are one of the hardest things to get specifics for due to their nature of having hidden conditions. There's areas where specifics can be reasonably discussed, but the further along you go in age the less info (outside of going to a wiki) there'd be for quests due to needing enough players sufficiently advanced to give input in that age

It isn't about beimg sufficiently advanced. Plenty are sufficiently advanced, but who keeps records of what he/she does all the time. Players skip quests. That can have no effect at all, or it leads you on another path. Player Wiki, can give you insight, but no answers. Inno Wiki is totally useless.

DeletedUser110327

I think a detailed walkthrough of the entire game made available to everyone online would seriously harm the game. I know from experience that folks who follow walkthroughs rigidly on their first time through an adventure game entirely miss the whole point.

-!

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
You can try doing some research on your current age tech tree, it usually unlocks more story quests if your not receiving any at the moment, what I was told by support a few years ago, Also try not to camp out for too long in one era and level up those GBs so your not easy prey for plunderers when you move up an age

DessenceD

Private
I think a detailed walkthrough of the entire game made available to everyone online would seriously harm the game. I know from experience that folks who follow walkthroughs rigidly on their first time through an adventure game entirely miss the whole point.

-!
I couldn't disagree more.
Look at Blizzard's franchises of Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo for example. Like FoE - huge fan-based forum and guide resources, Unlike FoE - supported by Blizzard (they don't have to do any work - the fans do it, but are supported by Blizzard dev's in terms of official canon and game mechanics). Being privvy to game mechanics only makes these games richer - advanced players can WIN BETTER and FASTER with knowledge of things like unit counters etc.
If Inno's devs DID publish detailed quest info (including triggers and city conditions) then all possible info would be accessible by players!! It would then be down to CHOICE - if a player WANTS to start a city following specific walkthroughs/strategy paths they can (OR NOT!) at their leisure. Players can always make a choice how they want to play! It should be up to each individual.

Personally, the lack of quest mechanics info is the only thing I've found frustrating about this game, everything else is awesome, but I've been wanting to at least TRY a new city with elements of HQ and Glarg's GB guide, but have had massive troubles getting the side quests to kick in at all! I don't mind not getting them straightaway (i.e. after Celebrate Victory Story Quest) but SOMETIME before I move to Iron Age would be nice!!