• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: No landing zones in gvg

• Thread starter DeletedUser11672
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11672

Lets do away with the landing zones in gvg,,,,what does it achieve....open battles....stops large guilds releasing sectors to prop up there defences on a perimeter,everyone has then access to the maps without fighting through hard faced perimeters,
A true gvg then because instead of just watching 3 or 4 sectors all is open makes for a more fluid gvg than the stagnation that is rife on the maps

DeletedUser16126

+1, It looks a good idea to me.
Unfortunately the issue with ghost guilds needs to be solved first.
It doesn't make sense that smaller guilds are banned to the landing zones and are contineously under attack although their defense boost is 50%, while at the same time big guilds have an whole sleeping area of 0% sectors.

This proposal also allows to execute the proposal of per default unlocking of the first 6 slots when the sector gets conquered, which is IMO the best solution against GG's. While before this proposal was rejected because big guilds would like to use the hopping to come to a good area. Whith this proposal the hopping is not required anymore!

DeletedUser11672

Errr war is war ghost only exists because the maps are not open you open the maps then the guilds have to look after what they have would not be able to afford to sit behind there perimeters and send out ghosts mayhem would ensue but its open to the smaller guilds they are the balance you look at maps and no access because you have to fight through entrenchent positions .......errr WW1 again sadly progressive game stuck in 1914 ghosts dissapearwhen hungry guilds start fighting how many fronts can you fight,,,,,,,,,

DeletedUser107476

I meant limited goods cost that at some point it don't go any higher.
Support goes in a ring from HQ when being worked out. Those in ring nearest HQ get support first. Cost of sieges should work on same principle, the further the sector from HQ the more costly the siege. Whereas all sectors on same ring cost same amount to siege. Yes this could be countered by moving HQ and reducing cost so instead make it you can only move HQ 1 sector away from current location each day.

DeletedUser16126

Let us not try to solve the debate on siege costs and solving Ghost Guilds, but stay on commenting the idea.
Which is in my opinion great if also the ghosting can be stopped.

DeletedUser2989

The idea of "All sectors become landing zones" was a part of some forwarded GvG feedback a while ago and is currently represented in the ideas section by the following idea:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-map-enhancement.28548/
I'll mark this idea as "Forwarded" as well so that it can represent the idea as a stand alone change. It's been almost a year since the thread I linked above got marked as forwarded (thus almost the same amount of time since the idea was forwarded), so I'll be checking with our CCM's as to if there are any updates on this idea.

Edit: Unfortunately the CCM's haven't heard any more on this GvG idea, so we're still waiting to see if Inno likes it enough to implement it or not. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

-1 horrid idea and changes the game completely. Stratagy gets thown out of the window and you can hit any sector - no thanks. I would help my guild a lot in being able to hit well intenced guilds but the games about how you manage relationships between guilds as well as fighting your way across guilds to the one you want to hit.

so 4 x -1 now and just 2 x +1 so Mods - why forward it?

DeletedUser

+1
Lets be honest here most world maps are dominated by the same guilds. At least this gives more sectors for the smaller guilds to try and get their foot in the door before they're taken off the map by the larger and more powerful guilds. Unless someone is 100% new to GvG and doesn't do their research they know what they're getting into goods wise etc. and if anything it proves to be a valuable experience. GvG needs an overhaul regardless so this at least is a step in the right direction.

Sp32

Master Corporal
+1 reasons why explained in a thread I've already created

GvG is "recap at reset" then retake your own secluded champion sectors for mega points against yourself, so ridiculous.

Or multiple hq moves (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.